GTA Vice City hits PSN next week

Your comments on our articles.

Rockstar classic to be re-released digitally on PS3

The original Grand Theft Auto: Vice City will launch on the PlayStation Network for PS3 next week.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Barca Azul » 24 Jan 2013, 17:12

Would look great on my Vita and other R* games mentioned.....please
Barca Azul 63

Postby Deders » 24 Jan 2013, 17:18

So when are these classics heading to my Vita as they'll be a day 1 purchase?!?!? O
Deders 45

Xbox Live: Owenus Prime
PSN ID: godbot_286
Steam: godbot_286

Re: GTA Vice City hits PSN next week

Postby budge » 24 Jan 2013, 18:18

A third shout for Vita compatibility. Please.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby Very_Silver_Ownz » 24 Jan 2013, 18:31

This is great news. Vice City is a classic. Not better than San Andreas but still a fantastic game with an amazing soundtrack and setting.

Now I will have GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas all on my PS3 :P
Its GTA season! Having all these GTA games to play definitely makes the wait for GTA V easier.
Very_Silver_Ownz 49

Xbox Live: VerySilverOwns
PSN ID: Very_Silver_Owns

Postby toaplan » 24 Jan 2013, 18:57

I'd buy it, if it was the new remastered version with updated graphics (as on iOS & Android). If it's just the old PS2 Vice City rereleased, I'll pass.
toaplan 74

Postby GlynCR » 24 Jan 2013, 21:09

love gta vice city still my all time fave of the franchise, but as i own the ps2 version still i'll pass. but if vita compatible id probably pick it up. on another note i don't get why R* didn't release the hd bully that was released on 360 instead of the ps2 edition?

I've seen things you wouldn't believe!
GlynCR 58

PSN ID: booshtastic

Postby barashin » 25 Jan 2013, 01:56

Vice City was the best of the PS2 GTA's but I already have it on PS2 and PC so won't be buying a digital re-release. I think Rockstar really dropped the ball by not releasing a GTA HD Trilogy though. Shame on you Rockstar.
barashin 4
New user

Postby Barca Azul » 25 Jan 2013, 09:56

For me it was the defining moment in the series, yes III was good, but this took the storey and music to the next level. San An is a monster too, but this one just edges it.

It really needs a Vita release of the iOS version, makes me wonder if Apple has paid something for it? Im not buying it for a 3rd time unless on Vita. I had it on PS2 and then Xbox first time around.
Barca Azul 63

Postby leprechaun75 » 25 Jan 2013, 11:09

Vice City is still may favourite of the the whole lot, it had the best characters, voice talent and most importantly- the music. the Original GTA 3 had amazing music as well but Vice City is the perfect game, especially how it's based on Scarface and Miami Vice. San Andreas was based on Colours, Boys n da Hood but it didn't have the same impact . I Haven't played Vice City in about ten years and It's the only one I ever fully completed. I doubt I'll be buying it, I doubt it would have even half the impact the original had when it came out. most of the fans would love to see them do era-based GTA's again. GTA V would have been brilliant if they had set it in the 70's. Especially as it's set in LA.
leprechaun75 41

Postby Skullet » 25 Jan 2013, 15:00

Barca Azul wrote:For me it was the defining moment in the series, yes III was good, but this took the storey and music to the next level. San An is a monster too, but this one just edges it.

It really needs a Vita release of the iOS version, makes me wonder if Apple has paid something for it? Im not buying it for a 3rd time unless on Vita. I had it on PS2 and then Xbox first time around.

Nah, if Apple had paid something for it then it wouldn't be out on Android, Vita isn't a threat to Apple. I wouldn't be overly surprised to see Rockstar eventually release San Andreas on iOS and Android, at that point they'll probably release an HD trilogy on Vita/PS3/4.
Skullet 61