to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Minecraft franchise sales top 20 million

Your comments on our articles.

Game surpasses another major milestone

Indie game phenomenon Minecraft has sold over 20 million copies across all platforms.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Minecraft franchise sales top 20 million

Postby corkscru74 » 22 Jan 2013, 18:35

I'd like to take credit for at least two of those sales. I played Xbox360 co-op for the first time with my mate on Saturday, by Sunday he'd bought the Mobile version and the next day he bought the full version for his Mac :-)
corkscru74 49

Xbox Live: Corkscru74

Re: Minecraft franchise sales top 20 million

Postby smiles1974 » 22 Jan 2013, 21:03

corkscru74 wrote:I'd like to take credit for at least two of those sales. I played Xbox360 co-op for the first time with my mate on Saturday, by Sunday he'd bought the Mobile version and the next day he bought the full version for his Mac :-)

It's a great game chap!
smiles1974 29

Xbox Live: Hooligan 69
PSN ID: SMILES_69
Steam: SMILES198

Re: Minecraft franchise sales top 20 million

Postby ingy » 23 Jan 2013, 11:31

It's definitely a love it or hate it game,

I keep hearing the haters saying they just don't 'get it', but as a lover of the game i can't understand why, it's gaming in it's purest form.

Completely open world with no rules or regulations, isn't that what most gamers are crying out for?
Or maybe it's the graphics that people can't get past, either way their loss.
ingy 63