New Hitman HD Trilogy screens released

Your comments on our articles.

Compilation out on 360 and PS3 next month

Square Enix has released a new set of Hitman HD Trilogy screenshots.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

New Hitman HD Trilogy screens released

Postby fustacluck » 18 Jan 2013, 16:23

Wasn't Blood Money in HD to begin with? Or has it actally been changed?
fustacluck 36

Xbox Live: fustak luck
PSN ID: fustacluck

Re: New Hitman HD Trilogy screens released

Postby gmcb007 » 18 Jan 2013, 16:46

fustacluck wrote:Wasn't Blood Money in HD to begin with? Or has it actally been changed?

I don't think so. The Xbox 360 version was a straight from PS2/Xbox port and it has aged pretty poorly (well it isn't horrible but it's very rough). In fact Hitman Contracts looks better and I played that off an original xbox disc!

The problem with the current standalone BM is that you cant play it with a HDMI cable as it doesn't support 50hrz.
Last edited by gmcb007 on 18 Jan 2013, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby ChrisTypeR » 18 Jan 2013, 16:48

Maybe they should concentrate on sorting the bugs out in absolution first. I got the the level where you take out the Angels and my save game corrupted on the PS3 - on hard mode completing most of the challenges, took me absolutely ages - I am livid!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
ChrisTypeR 37

Postby gmcb007 » 18 Jan 2013, 16:51

ChrisTypeR wrote:Maybe they should concentrate on sorting the bugs out in absolution first. I got the the level where you take out the Angels and my save game corrupted on the PS3 - on hard mode completing most of the challenges, took me absolutely ages - I am livid!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know the feeling mate. Happened to me twice. The dev team are a joke as they lead dev openly said things like they'll only fix certain bugs if they could be bothered. I wish they'd fix that checkpoint system, it baffles me how you could pacify guards and get penalised but when you reload a checkpoint, the same guards are back up and about but you keep the penalty score.
gmcb007 63

Postby ChrisTypeR » 18 Jan 2013, 16:55

gmcb007 wrote:
ChrisTypeR wrote:Maybe they should concentrate on sorting the bugs out in absolution first. I got the the level where you take out the Angels and my save game corrupted on the PS3 - on hard mode completing most of the challenges, took me absolutely ages - I am livid!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know the feeling mate. Happened to me twice. The dev team are a joke as they lead dev openly said things like they'll only fix certain bugs if they could be bothered. I wish they'd fix that checkpoint system, it baffles me how you could pacify guards and get penalised but when you reload a checkpoint, the same guards are back up and about but you keep the penalty score.

Thought I was the only one to notice that one mate, its irritating when you have to start a 3 or 4 or even 5 section level just to complete one of the challenges!! Dont get me wrong, its a classy game but the devs only have to put a few hours work in to patch these problems. Now I am seriously thinking 'second hand' for the next Hitman installment :lol:
ChrisTypeR 37

Postby gmcb007 » 18 Jan 2013, 17:15

I'm hoping SE decide to go with the traditonal Hitman levels for their game. Then again, knowing SE, they'll attach deathmatch and CTF multiplayer! Yeah, I think i'll join you!
gmcb007 63

Postby SirDMCalot » 18 Jan 2013, 18:00

Those screens look like s**t (relatively).

All they've seemed to done is, up the resolution and no other additional details or effects.
SirDMCalot 20

Postby Windowlicker79 » 18 Jan 2013, 19:46

SirDMCalot wrote:Those screens look like s**t (relatively).

All they've seemed to done is, up the resolution and no other additional details or effects.

Yeah it looks like there are no hi-res textures or anything. Just like they did with the old Devil May Cry games.
This is almost a bad thing as those textures were never meant to be seen in HD. All it does is reveal them for what they are and make the game look worse :(
Windowlicker79 55

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Postby Windowlicker79 » 18 Jan 2013, 19:49

Yeah there was a bug on the 360 version (not sure if it was on the PS3 version) in one of the levels where you can't get a folder or a piece of evidence (can't remember which). Apparently it was stuck inside a wall and inaccessible to the player. The devs patched it but all they did was remove the item. They didn't change the inventory or requirements for achievements or challenges so its still impossible to 100% the game.
Windowlicker79 55

Xbox Live: windowlicker79

Postby TheBusterMan » 18 Jan 2013, 20:31

Bought Blood Money used last week and really enjoyed it.Had to take my HDMI lead out,put the composite lead in,and change my 360 settings to 60hz,then put the HDMI lead back in and it works.Looks a little dated,but not too bad.A fine game.If you quit the game,though,you lose your saves in that level,so hopefully they'll sort that in the HD collection.Might get it for PS3,as the other games were good on XBox 1.
TheBusterMan 49

Postby gmcb007 » 18 Jan 2013, 20:35

Windowlicker79 wrote:
SirDMCalot wrote:Those screens look like s**t (relatively).

Yeah it looks like there are no hi-res textures or anything. Just like they did with the old Devil May Cry games.
This is almost a bad thing as those textures were never meant to be seen in HD. All it does is reveal them for what they are and make the game look worse :(

One of the devs responded to that bug by saying they haven't a clue where the file is located and they're not going to bother fixing it. What a charming bunch, no wonder the Kayne & lynch franchise is poorly recieved.
gmcb007 63

Postby The Bossman » 19 Jan 2013, 03:30

Can't wait for this, just 12 days to go until I can play these brilliant games again :lol: #2 is still my favourite for its brilliant range of levels, and OUTSTANDING soundtrack. Contracts was very good too but I wasn't as good at it, Blood Money was decent, not a highpoint but decent. I have the guidebooks for all 3 so will have to crack them out from the cupboards again
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222