Video: First footage of Wildman Kickstarter

Your comments on our articles.

Gas Powered Games 'betting the company'

Gas Powered Games has released 'prototype gameplay' footage for Kickstarter action RTS Wildman.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Video: First footage of Wildman Kickstarter

Postby Uzi77 » 18 Jan 2013, 14:11

A third SupCom would have got my money, mixing the first's scale, with the second's ease of play. This won't be getting my wallet open, but I do hope this doesn't end GPG, and "Betting the company" was a figure of speech. It all seems too generic, and not enough epic scale.
Uzi77 54

Re: Video: First footage of Wildman Kickstarter

Postby Malmo » 18 Jan 2013, 22:13

There's still a while to go but at the moment I see it struggling to hit $1.1m, it doesn't really look amazing enough to really grab people's interest which is key for a massive kickstarter. It just looks like warlords battlecry with a single diablo style character at the moment. hopefully future gameplay footage will show it off a bit more, but they're gonna have to make major strides in the next 28 days to get hit that figure. Total annihilation I still play today, its a terrific game, supcom was also a fantastic game for RTS nuts, but I think even supcom would stuggle at a kickstarter, even if plenty would purchase it after release.
Malmo 63

PSN ID: dead2theworld