to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Second update incoming for Resident Evil 6

Your comments on our articles.

Alters difficulty and makes Agent Mode available to all

Capcom has announced that a second update for Resident Evil 6 will become available January 22.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Second update incoming for Resident Evil 6

Postby apalmer28 » 18 Jan 2013, 10:05

QTE assist on any difficulty is welcome, I hate the QTE's in general but this game overloads them.

Better not affect the cheevo's though! :mrgreen:
apalmer28 56

Xbox Live: Futureshark
PSN ID: Futureshark

Re: Second update incoming for Resident Evil 6

Postby Drusus » 18 Jan 2013, 11:51

That'll make the sales pick up.
Drusus 58

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 18 Jan 2013, 14:24

If you remove the over the top amount of QTE's from the game and play it co-op with a friend then this game actually manages to be playable and ever so slightly a bearable experience.

Its definately improved from the 3/10 i thought it was based on the camera adjust patch and having now given it some serious playtime once the second patch is installed im sure it may just hit the 5/10 - 6/10 mark........ Maybe.

The only reason its still selling though is because you can easily get it for around 15 quid from places like Amazon etc, had i paid 40 quid for this i would have killed somebody in real life!
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby CDH84 » 18 Jan 2013, 20:58

You can roll a turd in glitter, but it'll still stink!
CDH84 18

Postby Stephen King » 19 Jan 2013, 00:06

Megatrons_Fury wrote:If you remove the over the top amount of QTE's from the game and play it co-op with a friend then this game actually manages to be playable and ever so slightly a bearable experience.

Its definately improved from the 3/10 i thought it was based on the camera adjust patch and having now given it some serious playtime once the second patch is installed im sure it may just hit the 5/10 - 6/10 mark........ Maybe.

The only reason its still selling though is because you can easily get it for around 15 quid from places like Amazon etc, had i paid 40 quid for this i would have killed somebody in real life!

WOW!

You keep on bashing a game and a whole series but now you infact admit playing the game you have so much against.
You truly are a mech/robot aren't you?

No feelings, no brain, no pain just parts and wires :roll:
He he no mather your opinion and no mather your HATE I'm still loooking forwar to the day I confront you with the FACTS.
Resident Evil will sell more than 6 mill in lifetime sales :wink:
Hasta La Vista BABY :mrgreen:
Stephen King 21

PSN ID: StephenKing

Postby slamatron » 19 Jan 2013, 01:17

Stephen King wrote:
Megatrons_Fury wrote:If you remove the over the top amount of QTE's from the game and play it co-op with a friend then this game actually manages to be playable and ever so slightly a bearable experience.

WOW!

You keep on bashing a game and a whole series but now you infact admit playing the game you have so much against.
You truly are a mech/robot aren't you?

No feelings, no brain, no pain just parts and wires :roll:
He he no mather your opinion and no mather your HATE I'm still loooking forwar to the day I confront you with the FACTS.
Resident Evil will sell more than 6 mill in lifetime sales :wink:
Hasta La Vista BABY :mrgreen:

what nonsense.
slamatron 50

Xbox Live: slamatron
PSN ID: slamatron

Postby The Bossman » 19 Jan 2013, 03:33

Good stuff, the QTEs drive me crazy when you have to press square and x, but after the first time it's easy, the timing window is too small as well. There was no prev ious indication of what you'd have to press, it flashes up on screen for maybe 1/3 of a second and it's more than 1 button, nice job Crapcom.
The Bossman 45

PSN ID: the_bossman222