Need for Speed Most Wanted Wii U release date set

Your comments on our articles.

Criterion project to be released from March 19; Boasts unique co-op features and additional content

Electronic Arts will release the Wii U edition of Need for Speed Most Wanted in March, the publisher has announced.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Need for Speed Most Wanted Wii U release date set

Postby Drusus » 17 Jan 2013, 16:57

Having played the Wii U a decent amount this weekend a I think this is the direction it would be best taking. It has a real opportunity to be a party console, the one you drag out when you have your mates round. For me it's the Dreamcast and in many ways the setup they have on the Wii U is very similar.

I was overall disappointed with the Wii U, the games on offer so far and the very small and slow package of features of it's UI, I've never seen a slower menu screen. It has such a huge amount of potential as something fun though. It really does, I hope it doesn't become a console just for Nintendo exclusives, I think if more games come out utilising the main pad as a sort of party control for 4 other players like this it could be a real draw at gatherings.
Drusus 59

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Wii U release date set

Postby Spider82 » 17 Jan 2013, 17:42

Agreed! They should have followed in the Wii's footsteps, rather than try and win some hardcore audience. I will never buy one, but as you said, its fun over your mates for a few party games.
Spider82 37

Postby CDS » 17 Jan 2013, 18:09

I'll stick to the PSV version.
These features are all well and good, but when it comes to it, I'm more impressed that the game runs as good as the console version on the PSV. The lack of the Ultimate Speed Pack on the handheld is a bit of a downer, but nothing major.
CDSMEDIA CDS BLOGS

Currently waiting for - Star Wars Battlefront III / New Sonic the Hedgehog
CDS 58

Postby fatherofthenoo » 17 Jan 2013, 20:52

Drusus wrote:Having played the Wii U a decent amount this weekend a I think this is the direction it would be best taking. It has a real opportunity to be a party console, the one you drag out when you have your mates round. For me it's the Dreamcast and in many ways the setup they have on the Wii U is very similar.

I was overall disappointed with the Wii U, the games on offer so far and the very small and slow package of features of it's UI, I've never seen a slower menu screen. It has such a huge amount of potential as something fun though. It really does, I hope it doesn't become a console just for Nintendo exclusives, I think if more games come out utilising the main pad as a sort of party control for 4 other players like this it could be a real draw at gatherings.

That was a great, down to Earth comment. And I think a lot of gamers (who actually own the console) would agree with you.

Everybody else is basing their opinions on hearsay, therefore invalidating them.
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby Laughlyn » 17 Jan 2013, 21:11

i like the idea of being able to help a driver using the gamepad. my lil lad loves playing the nfs games but struggles with the pursuits. being able to help him out would be great and help him enjoy it more. quite a useful feature for helping younger ones to get used to the games
Laughlyn 55

Postby liveswired » 17 Jan 2013, 23:34

Electronic Arts and a consumers idea of 'enhancement' very much differ.
^_* ^_^
liveswired 52

PSN ID: liveswired
Wii Code: 3DS 4081-5530-7050
Steam: liveswired

Postby mrlister » 18 Jan 2013, 00:51

All Criterion DLC since < Burnout Paradise DLC

They'll never top Big Surf Island.
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii