to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Pok�mon X & Y: Nintendo series looks set for an evolutionary

Your comments on our articles.

3D environments and cross-type Pokmon on the agenda for 6th-gen instalment...

In a way, last week's Pokmon X & Y announcement was similar to the news that Royals Wills and Kate are expecting a baby. We were all expecting it would happen eventually, but that didn't stop parts of their fanbase almost losing their minds when it did.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Pok�mon X & Y: Nintendo series looks set for an evolutionary

Postby Cogglesz » 14 Jan 2013, 18:04

To be honest i'm pretty paranoid about this, i know its not the epic AAA game it once was but i've been playing since the first ones came out on the gameboy as a kid, Its always had the overhead camera with the grid position, some people might call that outdated but i felt every generation it came on they just advanced on an already perfect game style, its the most simpliest of rpgs to play yet can require you to spend hundreds of hours and to interact with other users in trades and what not, it was a fairly awesome game back in the day in my opinion, Seeing the grid controls going away and everything turning 3D has me a little paranoid, along with the name, first time its not really been based on a colour or element, but instead i hear its something to do with the 3D effect but to me X & Y Means left&right/up&down.

I'm going to get it and play it but i hope its the same type of game but with huge advancements that are actually improvements, if i'm being honest i was expecting a high res b/w type of game for the 3ds, but keeping the pixels in but like doubling the amount used or whatever, this will be the first one not to feature any pixels at all, i guess when i see more about it i'll be able to make my mind up about it, right now i'm just not sure at all, which is strange, i've always been pretty interested in pokemon games until Black and White 2 came along, usually i'm pretty hyped about a new one.
http://i.imgur.com/ShWjhnH.png
Cogglesz 59

PSN ID: Cogglesz
Steam: Cogglesz
Battle.net: TheCogglesz#2186
xFire: Cogglesz

Re: Pok�mon X & Y: Nintendo series looks set for an evolutio

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 14 Jan 2013, 18:39

Yeah i cant wait for this game, along with Luigi's mansion and Fire Emblem its an absolute must have for me and finally more and more reasons to own a 3DS XL.

I've been on the fence for ages over Ninty's handheld because i just hate playing games with one analogue stick, its just far too weird and old fashioned for me but i find myself daily coming round to the realisation that they are going to get me.

They always do........ Damn you Nintendo, damn you and your lovely lovely franchises. Roll on end of year i guess.
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby stealth » 14 Jan 2013, 19:11

The 3ds is going to sell s**t tons this year.
stealth 47

Postby Balladeer » 14 Jan 2013, 19:33

Why does everyone hate Froakie? I'll say it again: Beethoven-frog.

Also the word "on da street" (by which I mean "on da competitive Pokémon battling website Smogon") is that Chespin's second move is just Aerial Ace, a low-power useless flying-type move which tells us nothing.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77

Postby Chris Scullion » 14 Jan 2013, 19:44

Balladeer wrote:Also the word "on da street" (by which I mean "on da competitive Pokémon battling website Smogon") is that Chespin's second move is just Aerial Ace, a low-power useless flying-type move which tells us nothing.

Or does it? If it is indeed Aerial Ace, isn't it odd that they're showing a non-flying type Pokémon using it? I know some non-flying types can learn it but it seems odd to be showing it off as a move in a trailer. This leads me to believe that either Chespin is secretly grass/flying type (somehow) or that move wasn't Aerial Ace. My guess, since it doesn't seem like it can fly, is that it's a dark-type move like Night Slash.
Chris Scullion
CVG Staff

Xbox Live: Scully1888
PSN ID: Scully1888

Postby Balladeer » 14 Jan 2013, 19:51

Flying squirrel? Eh. Looks dark/ghost to me too, but I'm no expert. Happy to watch and wait.

So, Chris... It's Monday... (Sorry for being naggy, but I am excited and apprehensive!)
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

Balladeer 77

Postby RoOhDiNi » 14 Jan 2013, 20:34

This is the first Pokémon handheld-game to get me excited - ever!
I got into Pokémon by playing the cardgame and watching the show, thus I always felt the video-games were lacking behind in their puristic presentation and lack of interaction. Animated Pokémon FTW!!! Now if they could also find a way to implement them into the environments without relying on random encounters...
RoOhDiNi 47

Postby Samurai-Don » 14 Jan 2013, 23:38

Cogglesz wrote:i know its not the epic AAA game it once was

Er yes it is.

Pokémon Black and White sold about;

- five million copies in Japan.
-14.71 million in the US
- In the UK, White and Black took the #1 and #2 spots respectively in the UK overall sales charts, with White becoming the second fastest-selling DS game ever in the UK.

While it Sequel Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 have a combined sales of 4.26 million copies worldwide.

Furthermore if it wasn't a AAA game then why would Nintendo release Pokémon X and Y Worldwide in October?

Personally I can't wait to get the game come October.
Last edited by Samurai-Don on 15 Jan 2013, 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Samurai-Don 21

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 15 Jan 2013, 00:06

Balladeer wrote:Why does everyone hate Froakie? I'll say it again: Beethoven-frog.

Also the word "on da street" (by which I mean "on da competitive Pokémon battling website Smogon") is that Chespin's second move is just Aerial Ace, a low-power useless flying-type move which tells us nothing.

Froakie will be my starting character for sure, no hate from me at all. Water pokemon are always my favourite until i complete the game and can transfer in my usual lot.

Stealth is right, Nintendo are going to bank some cash this year for sure, its not long before i finally give in, maybe around Easter when everyone does sales, bank holiday weekends are the best!!!
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby richomack360 » 15 Jan 2013, 09:30

Ahh, finally another reason to get my paws on a 3DS :) This and Fire Emblem will be a welcome addition to my free time !

Such a shame I left my old Pokemon behind on Pokemon Diamond...bless that Charizard :(
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby dap005 » 16 Jan 2013, 23:45

Balladeer wrote:Why does everyone hate Froakie? I'll say it again: Beethoven-frog.

Exact reason why I'll be choosing it as a starter.
dap005 32
New user

Postby dust » 04 Feb 2013, 23:20

[quote="Balladeer"]Flying squirrel? Eh. Looks dark/ghost to me too, but I'm no expert. Happy to watch and wait.

flying squirrel :?: COOL :!: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
dust 1
New user

Postby dust » 04 Feb 2013, 23:22

dust wrote:
Balladeer wrote:Flying squirrel? Eh. Looks dark/ghost to me too, but I'm no expert. Happy to watch and wait.

flying squirrel :?: COOL :!: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

wats with the hat :?:
dust 1
New user

Postby Balladeer » 04 Feb 2013, 23:29

Never mind the hat - what's with the avalanche of smileys?

Balladeer 77