to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Why I'm obsessed with Manhunt

Your comments on our articles.

Don't let controversy blind you to its brilliance... Snuff said

Obsessed with Manhunt? What am I? Some kind of sicko? Some kind of psycho who murderises people with plastic bags? Who gets enjoyment from a game that the peace loving people of New Zealand are banned from playing to this very day? Who keeps asking himself questions? About his own state of mind? Well, yes... and if ever there was a game that encouraged internal dialogue, Rockstar's darkly fascinating Manhunt is it.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Why I'm obsessed with Manhunt

Postby m_war » 13 Jan 2013, 14:32

this is one of my favorite games
does that make me a psycho? :?:
m_war 13
New user

Re: Why I'm obsessed with Manhunt

Postby Spider82 » 13 Jan 2013, 14:58

m_war wrote:this is one of my favorite games
does that make me a psycho? :?:

Only if you played it while snacking on the corpse of your girlfriend.
Spider82 37

Postby Marlonjb » 13 Jan 2013, 15:11

I loved/love this game if an HD remake is ever done I'm all over that! Pity Manhunt 2 was maulded because of what was essentially a large group of pussies.
If people are talking behind your back it's only because they cant talk to your face. PS3, Xbox360 Elite and Wii Owner so the lame ass "Fanboy" BS wont work on me. Do not bother!
Marlonjb 38

Postby casshern09 » 13 Jan 2013, 15:13

I thought it was absolute guff tbh. Shocking yes. Good, no. Each to his own I guess.
casshern09 37

Postby budge » 13 Jan 2013, 15:27

I was genuinely shocked when I first hacked the s**t out of a thugs neck with a cleaver. Gruesome but utterly brilliant!
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby Agent75 » 13 Jan 2013, 15:57

Manhunt was a decent game on the PS2, never got to play Manhunt 2. But if Rockstar make a big effort when it comes to GTA and Red Dead, they can do the same with Manhunt 3 for next gen consoles. Bully wasn't all that good, it bored me shitless. I thought LA Noire was decent, can't say I'm too bothered about a sequel (Whore of the Orient). Agent sounds interesting, but looks like it's heading for next gen consoles. GTA is more of the same, but tops, I'd settle for Red Dead 2 and Manhunt 3.
Agent75 48

Postby Domin666 » 13 Jan 2013, 16:26

Forget manhunt 3 a new gen console remake with some extra bit's would be great,better AI ect just look at the mechanics of the latest hitman for example.Go the extra mile Rockstar this game was utter nastie in the term's of violece.I played it over 2 weeks and then was so moved any other violent game didnt intreste me.In fact I think it freaked my mind out for awhile after playing that driving and stuff was more preferred to my gaming time.
Domin666 45

Postby luke.harwood » 13 Jan 2013, 16:29

Manhunt is one of my all time favourite games, seriously, I stopped my very important in-very-soon coursework just comment.

While some people probably dismiss it as senseless violence, which, with no inspection at all it was, rather if you seriously thought about what you were being made to (or had to do depending on how you view it) do in order to survive there are many deeper questions you can ask yourself about morality and human nature. I've no idea if Rockstar planned it that way (they probably did) but it was an awesome game. And, I also agree that manhunt 2 was a complete failure, I played it for about three hours and realised that it had very little appeal. A manhunt HD or even non HD re-release would be very welcome, or even better a new game, based on the original perhaps a continuance.
luke.harwood 43

PSN ID: GUNTHAHUNTER

Postby middle finger » 13 Jan 2013, 17:16

I don't want to go out and kill people for pleasure after playing it, just like I'm collecting flowers in hyde park after Skyrim or play for barca after pro evo.
middle finger 63

Postby eastldn » 13 Jan 2013, 20:23

Marlonjb wrote:I loved/love this game if an HD remake is ever done I'm all over that! Pity Manhunt 2 was maulded because of what was essentially a large group of pussies.

yep bloody loved manhunt, the headset made it better
eastldn 43

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 13 Jan 2013, 20:23

middle finger wrote:I don't want to go out and kill people for pleasure after playing it, just like I'm collecting flowers in hyde park after Skyrim or play for barca after pro evo.

:lol: Made me chuckle that did.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby El Mag » 13 Jan 2013, 21:57

I liked the first game, it was something different for the time. I remember getting stuck on that subway bit for ages, I gave up on it for a few weeks then went back to it and p**sed it the first try.

I've never played the second. I sold my Wii before it came out and I didn't have my PS2 or PSP anymore. But hearing it had been censored to bits to even get a release it sounds like I didn't miss much.

You can pretty much guarantee we'll never see a third game though, the world is much too delicate and soft nowadays.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Sleepaphobic » 13 Jan 2013, 22:21

Great game to jerk off to.
Some cheerleader at school or hot secretary at the office may not think you are cool but let’s be real, those very same bitches don’t love bacon and still use IE to explore the web.
Sleepaphobic 52

Xbox Live: Sleepaphobic
PSN ID: Sleepaphobic
Steam: Sleepaphobic

Postby wwaarrddy » 14 Jan 2013, 01:23

Hey look! A serious comment from El Mag! Nice work man, wasn't so tough after all was it?
wwaarrddy 45

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 14 Jan 2013, 02:13

wwaarrddy wrote:Hey look! A serious comment from El Mag! Nice work man, wasn't so tough after all was it?

Yeah El Slag! 1535 days that took you!

Bet you're relieved you can stop counting the days now Wwarrddy? Perhaps set your sights on something that matters.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Next