to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Gran Turismo 5's best players in televised professional raci

Your comments on our articles.

ITV4 to air reality TV show where gamers test their mettle in real-world racing contest

Some of Europe's best Gran Turismo racers have entered the final phase of the annual GT Academy contest - a televised competition where gamers compete for the prize of becoming a professional race car driver.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Gran Turismo 5's best players in televised professional raci

Postby SgtNatino » 10 Jan 2013, 13:20

It's amazing how Gran Turismo can spawn such talented drivers, I've watched them on the track and some of them are amazing.

I forget his name, but there was a GT Academy winner who won the chance to compete in the le mans 24 hour race (I think?) and him and the GT team did really well. He's now made quite a career for himself in professional racing, incredible driver.

Been playing GT5 on and off for the past 2 years, and it's still great to whip out the old racing wheel and take a spin in the nurburgring, at midnight, with rain splashing down and making the driving all that more challenging.

And for those who will inevitably comment about how they believe Forza is far superior despite the franchise having nothing to do with this article - I personally enjoyed forza 4, but didn't feel compelled to even get half way through the career. Why? I didn't feel the game was for me. Half the enjoyment of GT comes from the brilliant, life like graphics and amazing, unparalleled simulation of driving a car, whereas I believe Forza 4 capitalizes more on an artist's portrayal of cars and tracks, with their exaggerated colours etc, and the fun that comes from the online modes and seeing your car mauled when you crash.

Despite both games being in the same genre, I believe they cater to different tastes. And that's the beauty of gaming; there's such a varied array of games that there are for us to play that it's pointless for us to criticize one game over the other; play and enjoy them all!
SgtNatino 24

Re: Gran Turismo 5's best players in televised professional

Postby EvilWaterman » 10 Jan 2013, 13:26

i bet its aimed a spotty teenagers
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 53

PSN ID: EvilWaterman

Postby middle finger » 10 Jan 2013, 13:56

EvilWaterman wrote:i bet its aimed a spotty teenagers

You're so wrong. These guys are pros now and the show was nothing like any other reality crap from itv.
middle finger 65

Postby beastie » 10 Jan 2013, 15:17

Shame it's just for Gran Turismo players, I was pretty good at Nigel Mansell's World Championship on my Amiga
beastie 53

Postby theideal » 10 Jan 2013, 18:42

Next week:
Justin Wong and Ricky Ortiz fight it out for a lucrative UFC contract.
Just in case this place goes down suddenly, bookmark...
http://cvgsc.boards.net/
theideal 72

Postby Skullet » 11 Jan 2013, 12:40

SgtNatino wrote:It's amazing how Gran Turismo can spawn such talented drivers, I've watched them on the track and some of them are amazing.

I forget his name, but there was a GT Academy winner who won the chance to compete in the le mans 24 hour race (I think?) and him and the GT team did really well. He's now made quite a career for himself in professional racing, incredible driver.

Been playing GT5 on and off for the past 2 years, and it's still great to whip out the old racing wheel and take a spin in the nurburgring, at midnight, with rain splashing down and making the driving all that more challenging.

And for those who will inevitably comment about how they believe Forza is far superior despite the franchise having nothing to do with this article - I personally enjoyed forza 4, but didn't feel compelled to even get half way through the career. Why? I didn't feel the game was for me. Half the enjoyment of GT comes from the brilliant, life like graphics and amazing, unparalleled simulation of driving a car, whereas I believe Forza 4 capitalizes more on an artist's portrayal of cars and tracks, with their exaggerated colours etc, and the fun that comes from the online modes and seeing your car mauled when you crash.

Despite both games being in the same genre, I believe they cater to different tastes. And that's the beauty of gaming; there's such a varied array of games that there are for us to play that it's pointless for us to criticize one game over the other; play and enjoy them all!

Dude get a grip no one cares about GT5, Lotus Turbo Challenge 2 is where its at.
Skullet 60