to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Halo 4 DLC release plans outlined

Your comments on our articles.

Majestic map pack in February, new Spartan Ops missions detailed

343 Industries has outlined its Halo 4 DLC release plans for January and February.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby StonecoldMC » 10 Jan 2013, 12:25

Bored with AC3, bored with FC3. This is the perfect time to be releasing new content for Halo 4.

New locations for Spartan Ops as well :D .
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Old Skool Gamer » 10 Jan 2013, 12:33

Glad to hear the specs are being unlocked,I've hit SR70 but I think for the majority of players it's a bit too little too late, numbers are getting smaller and smaller, the DLC is not great by any standards, the forge playlist they have suggested should have been in the game from the start etc.

As said in Frank's statement they have been very silent on a number of issues from the forums, again putting people off.

Don't hold much hope on Halo 5 & 6.
We can't stop now, this is Bat Country!
Old Skool Gamer 38

PSN ID: xXI_OLDSKOOL_IXx

Re: Halo 4 DLC release plans outlined

Postby MrPirtniw » 10 Jan 2013, 12:43

I've not had as much time for gaming as I'd have liked recently- I've barely got a few hours into the Witcher 2 and I've still got plenty to unlock in Lollipop Chainsaw- poor old Halo 4's been a bit left out. This will changed come the end of the month. Oh yes. This will be changed.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby FishyGinger » 10 Jan 2013, 13:00

I've not played it yet, sat on the shelf. Do you need waypoint to download spartan ops or are they done as normal updates when you load up the game?
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby richomack360 » 10 Jan 2013, 15:05

Sorry to say I sold this last week - completely and utterly drained me playing this game.

Awful, it got worse with every play through :x
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby TheLastDodo » 10 Jan 2013, 15:16

FishyGinger wrote:I've not played it yet, sat on the shelf. Do you need waypoint to download spartan ops or are they done as normal updates when you load up the game?

They just automatically appear in the Spartan Ops section, nothing to download.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby FishyGinger » 10 Jan 2013, 15:20

Ta
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby sean5238 » 10 Jan 2013, 15:26

Halo 4 has ruined the series for me, up until this point I had enjoyed every single game, both single player and multi but removing Firefight was the first blow for me but Spartan Ops just got more and more tedious. I'm one episode from the 'Dedicated to Crimson' achievement but am not sure I can bring myself to pick the game up again.. and I never thought I would say that about a Halo title.
sean5238 42

Xbox Live: sean5238
PSN ID: sean_5238

Postby CatfishMurphy » 10 Jan 2013, 17:36

The campaign for this particular Halo was about as meh as it gets and I truly struggle to remember anything from it, other than that absolutely huge motherf**ker of a truck that you could p**s about on for a mission. Spartan Ops seemed like a great idea at first, but it just became so repetitive and stale.

The multi-player, however, was an absolute delight for the first month and is easily the best competitive online play I've experienced this gen, but then the Crimson DLC came out and it all went a bit wonky. Thanks to that, usage is starting to drop off leaving a relatively normal person with a job and who plays other games facing off against players who have DRs well over a hundred (that's got to be at least 100 hours worth of game time) and know every pixel on every map, and that's really starting to suck some of the fun out of it.

I'll stick with it because I bought the map pass, but even I wonder if I'll still playing come April for the last DLC.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 10 Jan 2013, 19:10

I can't wait to play Grifball and Team Doubles. I'm still playing Halo 4 pretty much every day, I'm addicted. I recently bought Dark Souls and rented Hitman Absolution but I've barely touched them, I just can't stop playing Halo 4.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby immensetiber » 10 Jan 2013, 20:21

ok first the game is awesome but 343 has started letting me down first i bought the limited edition so i would not have to buy any map pass and come to find out you got the first maps free wtf than you are going to unlock the Specializations bull for the ones that worked hard to achieve it and yes i work full time its a smack in the face im really tired of 343 peewee ball everyone wins attitude if you dont win dont complain its a game anf=d if your not having fun with it dont play simple dont ruin it for the true halo fans
immensetiber 1
New user

Postby GossipHound » 10 Jan 2013, 21:17

Halo 4 needs Firefight. Spartan Ops is okay but not as addictive or has much replay value unless you want to rank up quicker.
GossipHound 31
New user