EU PS Store update: God of War: Ascension, Assassin's Creed

Your comments on our articles.

All this week's content detailed...

Sony has released the latest EU PlayStation Store content update, which includes the God of War: Ascension beta for Plus members, the release of Lord of the Rings: War in the North, and plenty of fresh DLC to download, such as the second Assassin's Creed 3 add-on pack.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby MuramasaEdge » 09 Jan 2013, 16:53

Damn. Still no Legend of Dragoon as a PSONE Classic, despite the fact that it has been out in the states for damn near 9 months. Unfortunate.
MuramasaEdge 23

Postby El Mag » 09 Jan 2013, 16:58

I might have been interested in Captain Morgane but 16 quid is too steep. For a tenner they would have had me.

I don't know if I mean the game or not, it has been a few weeks.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Re: EU PS Store update: God of War: Ascension, Assassin's Cr

Postby GunstarHeroX » 09 Jan 2013, 17:02

I was hoping PS+ folk would get Mega Man 9 & 10 like the US got.
Nothing interests me this week really. God of War series is decent enough but I can't be bothered playing a shoehorned multiplayer mode in a game that doesn't need it. Single player demo would have been better.
GunstarHeroX 51

Xbox Live: GunstarHer0X
PSN ID: GunstarHeroX

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Jan 2013, 17:13

I'd forgot EU hadn't got Auditorium yet, been waiting what? Two or so years I think.

It's free on iOS App Store.

Good job SCEE, keep lowering that bar or tell whoever sets PSN prices for third party games like this to f**k off in future if they want to keep pulling this crap.

It's only hurting Sony.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Queen Skillage » 09 Jan 2013, 17:17

Over on the blog they've announced Retro City Rampage is finally out in Europe next week.

They'll probably price it up expensive while conveniently ignoring it's been on the US store for a couple of months and is currently free on Plus.
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator

Postby dwhlufc » 09 Jan 2013, 17:36

SCEE are a shambles and the new store is a total disaster. I listened to the ign podcast last night and one of they guys predicted a a new store next year and hopefully it'll include speeding the bloody thing up. I wouldn't normally moan about little things but just recently everything seems really slow: the store takes at least a minute to load, my xmb is just as bad if brought up during a game and I'm not even going to mention browsing the god awful new look store.

Sort it out Sony, you muppets!
dwhlufc 76

Postby TheLastDodo » 09 Jan 2013, 18:02

@Dave

If you're on a PC (not sure about tablets, it doesn't work with safari on iPad), try using the browser version of the PS Store, it's a bit faster, buy stuff on it and it adds to your download list then pop your ps3 on and it should be waiting for you to download.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby shev » 09 Jan 2013, 18:04

dwhlufc wrote:I wouldn't normally moan about little things but just recently everything seems really slow: the store takes at least a minute to load, my xmb is just as bad if brought up during a game and I'm not even going to mention browsing the god awful new look store.

That's strange. For me the old store used to take about a minute to load each page and often it wouldn't even load everything on the page. In the new store everything loads in <1 second for me. The only problem I have with the new store is that some old stuff can be quite hard to find, even with the search-function. I have the old fat 60gb model, so I guess that the problems could be model-specific.. :roll:
shev 46

Postby TheBusterMan » 09 Jan 2013, 21:57

I miss the old store. :(
TheBusterMan 49

Postby EvilWaterman » 10 Jan 2013, 11:24

I tried the GoW beta and its f**king awesome! I've never played GoW before, :oops: , but this MP Beta was so much fun and surprisingly easy to get the hang of. I'm usually awful at these types of game, but fared quite well with this!
PSN: EvilWaterman
www.playstationcrowd.com
www.oldnrubbish.co.uk
Chuck Norris Approved
EvilWaterman 55

PSN ID: EvilWaterman