to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Resident Evil Anniversary Package announced for Japan

Your comments on our articles.

Seven Resi games bundled to celebrate the series' 17th birthday

Capcom has announced plans to release the Resident Evil Anniversary Package for PS3 in Japan.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Resident Evil Anniversary Package announced for Japan

Postby karkify » 08 Jan 2013, 19:47

No Resident Evil 6 for Wii U, but they sure do love re-releasing re-releases. Adding download codes for the oldies is just cheap if you ask me.
karkify 50

Re: Resident Evil Anniversary Package announced for Japan

Postby EighteenSky » 08 Jan 2013, 19:54

Who celebrates a 17th Anniversary for a franchise? Just seems like it's out of the blue.
Currently playing: New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U), Pokémon X (3DS), Wario Land 3 (GBC)
Next to play: My Girlfriend is the President (PC), Battalion Wars 2 (Wii), Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
EighteenSky 70

Wii Code: Wii U - EighteenSky

Postby Gretzky » 08 Jan 2013, 19:55

I've come to the conclusion that Capcom hate Resident Evil. Its the only thing that makes sense to me.
Gretzky 60

Postby dwhlufc » 08 Jan 2013, 20:40

EighteenSky wrote:Who celebrates a 17th Anniversary for a franchise? Just seems like it's out of the blue.

It's probably to make up for the awful Resi 6 sales.
dwhlufc 76

Postby zinaptik » 08 Jan 2013, 20:45

the Americans already got this with resident evil 6: anthology edition, this is just the Japanese repackage. im willing to bet a euro version further down the line.
zinaptik 47

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 08 Jan 2013, 20:52

EighteenSky wrote:Who celebrates a 17th Anniversary for a franchise? Just seems like it's out of the blue.

Exactly what I was thinking...

dwhlufc wrote:It's probably to make up for the awful Resi 6 sales.

...until I read this comment.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby l1nc » 08 Jan 2013, 21:03

A download code for resident 1to3 that sucks big style. They should do 2 again with updated hd visuals that would sell a bucket load.
Ol skool from speccy to ps3
l1nc 41

Xbox Live: l1nc
PSN ID: l1nctendo

Postby fatherofthenoo » 08 Jan 2013, 21:24

That really is a lousy selection. There isn't actually anything in there that celebrates them. It is just another attempt by Capcom to sell us these games... again! 17th Anniversary? Who celebrates such a random number? I really don't like who Capcom have become.
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby Mat Ombler » 08 Jan 2013, 21:54

What about Resident Evil 0? Do Nintendo have something planned for the Wii U? Or are exclusivity rights still binding on that
Mat Ombler 34

Xbox Live: JADE GOODYS BR
PSN ID: LordOmbler

Postby Old McGroin » 08 Jan 2013, 22:47

fatherofthenoo wrote:That really is a lousy selection. There isn't actually anything in there that celebrates them.

It's... Resident Evil 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Code Veronica...that's nearly every Resident Evil game. Your comment... brings blood to my ears.
Old McGroin 34

Postby MrPirtniw » 08 Jan 2013, 23:00

Take out Resi 5 and 6 and lop off half the price and this would be really good!
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 09 Jan 2013, 00:15

karkify wrote:No Resident Evil 6 for Wii U, but they sure do love re-releasing re-releases. Adding download codes for the oldies is just cheap if you ask me.

I see your point but why would anyone release a game already suffering from low sales on a format that reached about 20 peoples homes??? Ok not that bad but you see my point.
Megatrons_Fury 50

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 09 Jan 2013, 02:22

No way in hell I'm funding them by buying the older Resi games just so they can put it money into development on an inevitable new shittier Resi, if they haven't already that is. Did Resi 6 fail in sales as well as it did with a lot of fans? I bet it did. You Resident Evil Anniversary Package what you sow, Capcom.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby hairyearlobe » 09 Jan 2013, 13:28

It's... Resident Evil 1,2,3,4,5,6 and Code Veronica...that's nearly every Resident Evil game. Your comment... brings blood to my ears.

Not even close.

Resident Evil remake, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: Code: Veronica, Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Resident Evil: Director's, Resident Evil: Gaiden, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil: Outbreak - File #2, Resident Evil Portable, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil Revival Selection, Resident Evil: Survivor, Resident Evil: Survivor 2 - Code: Veronica, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil Vs., Resident Evil Zero...
hairyearlobe 46

Postby fatherofthenoo » 09 Jan 2013, 20:25

hairyearlobe wrote:

Not even close.

Resident Evil remake, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, Resident Evil 6, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: Code: Veronica, Resident Evil: Code: Veronica X, Resident Evil: Dead Aim, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, Resident Evil: Degeneration, Resident Evil: Director's, Resident Evil: Gaiden, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Resident Evil: Outbreak, Resident Evil: Outbreak - File #2, Resident Evil Portable, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil Revival Selection, Resident Evil: Survivor, Resident Evil: Survivor 2 - Code: Veronica, Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles, Resident Evil Vs., Resident Evil Zero...

Now, THAT'S more like it. Throw in some art books, music cds and figurines (just my preference), and you've got one hell of a celebration!
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Next