to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2: 'No chance' of Wii U version

Your comments on our articles.

Nintendo system owners will have to make do with Mirror of Fate on 3DS

There's "no chance" of Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 releasing on Wii U, according to series producer Dave Cox.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2: 'No chance' of Wii U version

Postby StonecoldMC » 08 Jan 2013, 13:26

Oh Oh.
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2: 'No chance' of Wii U vers

Postby Simon Carlin » 08 Jan 2013, 13:34

This is legitimate news although CVG do like to cause a fuss for pages hits...

But really, what the f**k are Nintendo actually doing? Did we not learn anything in the PS2/360 eras?

Games games games, that's what we want and the biggest platforms have *gasp* gamez. Getting the big name games on your systems means something. It means that people wanting to play those games make their choices. If the Wii U was getting the games the PS3 and the 360 were getting then the Wii U would be getting more games.

How the the world is that a bad thing? Right now it's getting close to f**k all.
Simon Carlin 25

Postby StonecoldMC » 08 Jan 2013, 13:57

The thing that I would be worried about is that if I had a Wii U right now is that there are quite a few popular Games due to release this year on the 360 and PS3 that wont see the light of day on the Wii U, whats going to happen when the NextBox and PS4 come out and if its to be believed the Wii U wont be able to run these games apart from stripped down versions.

I hate to say this but it does look like Nintendo have dropped the ball a bit. they need the install base to grow and to grow quickly to warrant the ports of these games. Price cut sooner rather than later?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby Barry316 » 08 Jan 2013, 14:02

Like to think he'd give a reason for the no chance. Be it they couldn't see a use with it with the pad, it's tough to port and not worth the hassle or they just don't see it selling.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 66

Postby flash501 » 08 Jan 2013, 14:03

Any chance of a release date instead then?
flash501 79

PSN ID: flash501

Postby stealth » 08 Jan 2013, 14:23

not suprised they probably didnt get the dev kit in time. i love it how people are making this more doom than it is
stealth 47

Postby StonecoldMC » 08 Jan 2013, 14:26

When did the Dev Kits go out stealth?

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 81
Global Moderator

Postby stealth » 08 Jan 2013, 14:31

StonecoldMC wrote:When did the Dev Kits go out stealth?

Likely 6+ months into the development of this game. Besides, the first game never even came on a nintendo platform.

People are so predictable. Pretending they know whats coming to a 1 month old system.

Youd think with the 3ds kicking global ass, the latest system to be doomed, people would learn
stealth 47

Postby Beetle Bum » 08 Jan 2013, 14:33

In some cases the Wii U is embarrassingly p**s poor and laughable
Beetle Bum 50

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 08 Jan 2013, 14:35

@stealth

Learn like they did with the Gamecube, as lovely a machine as it was, which completely tanked once the PS2 and Xbox were in their stride?

I'm afraid WiiU is looking more of a major misstep with each passing day and once the PS4 and Nextbox is out I fear the WiiU will be another GC.

Still, it has Bayonetta 2 so who gives f**k?
stealth wrote:I post facts...
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby stealth » 08 Jan 2013, 14:38

JustOneMoreGo wrote:@stealth

Learn like they did with the Gamecube, as lovely a machine as it was, which completely tanked once the PS2 and Xbox were in their stride?

I'm afraid WiiU is looking more of a major misstep with each passing day and once the PS4 and Nextbox is out I fear the WiiU will be another GC.

What are you talking about? It was the xbox that tanked making 0 dollars profit while the gamecube was highly profitable.

What your afraid of and what facts and history show us thankfully are 2 different matters. The wii u sales wise is off to a better start in each region than the ps3+360 combined. People called those dead. And look how it turned out

dooming a system is the height of stupidity in a gamer, because really you wont know until its over
stealth 47

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 08 Jan 2013, 14:48

stealth wrote:
JustOneMoreGo wrote:@stealth

What are you talking about? It was the xbox that tanked making 0 dollars profit while the gamecube was highly profitable.

Clearly I as talking about it's popularity with consumers which soon teetered off to nothing as more and more publishers abandoned the system. Yes it may have made Nintendo money, but as a popular system in the eyes of the consumer it was a disaster and was soon forgotten about.

Your fanboyism has blinded you.

As for being afraid? Afraid of what exactly? Very strange choice of words. Regardless, I'm a PC gamer who happens to be one of those few people who still own a Gamecube, the WiiU success or failure is of no import to me, I was mearly drawing a comparison.
Last edited by JustOneMoreGo on 08 Jan 2013, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby stealth » 08 Jan 2013, 14:51

Thats even more laughable. The gamecube was far more popular than the original xbox was.......the ps2 was on another level, granted. I think its your fanboyism that has blinded you.

Nobody knows how a system will do, especially not 1 month out

pc supremacy? lol, you call me a fanboy yet you have this in your sig?
stealth 47

Postby JustOneMoreGo » 08 Jan 2013, 14:59

stealth wrote:Thats even more laughable. The gamecube was far more popular than the original xbox was...

Er, No it wasn't. The Xbox eventually surpassed units sold against the Gamecube even though it came out much later. The Gamecube was ditched by nearly every retailer in the end, whereas the Xbox continued to be stocked by and sell until MS pulled the plug.

GC 21.74 million units worldwide

Xbox 24 million

PS2 154 million

But of course, you keep living in your fantasy world. Next you'll be telling us the Virtual Boy was an huge success story that didn't give people roaring headaches. :lol:

People don't like me on here, and that's fine, but I can see why the majority think you're a bit of a joke.

As for the sig, that is a statement of fact.
Last edited by JustOneMoreGo on 08 Jan 2013, 15:01, edited 1 time in total.
JustOneMoreGo 33

Postby stealth » 08 Jan 2013, 15:01

VGchart numbers........fantastic.

Nobody is denying the ps2 here. But when it came to what else people played that gen the gba and gamecube were it

the virtual boy wasnt a success

But what is right now is the number 1 global system seller, and that system belongs to nintendo right now after people wrote it off.

"People don't like me on here, and that's fine, but I can see why the majority think you're a bit of a joke.

As for the sig, that is a statement of fact."

I see you as a joke right now
Last edited by stealth on 08 Jan 2013, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
stealth 47

Next