Cyberpunk 2077 teaser images released ahead of trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Witcher studio's futuristic RPG due for imminent reveal

CD Projekt Red has promised to release the first Cyberpunk 2077 trailer this Thursday, and it's getting us warmed up for the debut of its futuristic RPG with two teaser shots.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Cyberpunk 2077 teaser images released ahead of trailer

Postby kiddoblivion » 08 Jan 2013, 11:53

Do they still call the city Night City in the day? Come to think of it the LA in Blade Runner, what happens do it in the morning? Does all the awesome atmosphere get washed away by brilliant sunlight or is it trapped in a bubble of smog? I watched it and for the life of me I can't remember it ever being day time. Well, except for that one scene in Tyrell's office.
kiddoblivion 41

Re: Cyberpunk 2077 teaser images released ahead of trailer

Postby illage2 » 08 Jan 2013, 12:15

This game is sounding pretty good, I just hope it gets an Xbox 360 or PS3 release. As my Laptop will not be able to play it.

I wasn't really a fan of Blade Runner though, couldn't get into it.
Last edited by illage2 on 08 Jan 2013, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby Drusus » 08 Jan 2013, 12:27

kiddoblivion wrote:Do they still call the city Night City in the day? Come to think of it the LA in Blade Runner, what happens do it in the morning? Does all the awesome atmosphere get washed away by brilliant sunlight or is it trapped in a bubble of smog? I watched it and for the life of me I can't remember it ever being day time. Well, except for that one scene in Tyrell's office.

Excellent question my friend, I have two answers, from an interview I read a long time ago Jordan Cronenweth explained it was always dark due to smog, a sky perpetually cloudy and the acidic rain constantly falling. Los Angeles is not spectacularly rainy so the choice to have it raining constantly was apparently to show major climate pollution.

Second answer, Ridley Scott was asked at a question session why it was so gloomy (can't remember the specific question but it was along those lines) he stated because it looked better on film. He was right. My guess is it's partly story driven and mainly Ridley and his obsession with whatever looks best, just look at the water effect lighting, gorgeous but makes little sense.

I'm excited about this game, Just got the Bladerunner special Blu Ray with the Proto Spinner, if anyone is a fan I would recommend this edition, the artwork on the blu ray case is an absolute must have.
Drusus 59

Postby kiddoblivion » 08 Jan 2013, 14:41

Drusus wrote:
kiddoblivion wrote:Do they still call the city Night City in the day? Come to think of it the LA in Blade Runner, what happens do it in the morning? Does all the awesome atmosphere get washed away by brilliant sunlight or is it trapped in a bubble of smog? I watched it and for the life of me I can't remember it ever being day time. Well, except for that one scene in Tyrell's office.

Excellent question my friend, I have two answers, from an interview I read a long time ago Jordan Cronenweth explained it was always dark due to smog, a sky perpetually cloudy and the acidic rain constantly falling. Los Angeles is not spectacularly rainy so the choice to have it raining constantly was apparently to show major climate pollution.

Second answer, Ridley Scott was asked at a question session why it was so gloomy (can't remember the specific question but it was along those lines) he stated because it looked better on film. He was right. My guess is it's partly story driven and mainly Ridley and his obsession with whatever looks best, just look at the water effect lighting, gorgeous but makes little sense.

I'm excited about this game, Just got the Bladerunner special Blu Ray with the Proto Spinner, if anyone is a fan I would recommend this edition, the artwork on the blu ray case is an absolute must have.

Thanks for the reply . And are you talking about the Blade Runner - 30th Anniversary Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu Ray or the Blade Runner: The Final Cut Blu Ray or the Blade Runner: The Final Cut - Premium Collection Steelbook Blu Ray or the Blade Runner: 30th Anniversary Blu Ray. ;)
kiddoblivion 41

Postby BenThomasFoster » 08 Jan 2013, 19:59

I hope it does the whole ID control thing as much as it's sed and is a signature of mgs series, i always love my future about being controlled by technology
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby gmcb007 » 08 Jan 2013, 20:29

Between the logo and the rubbish name of the city, this gives me a real 1980's arcade vibe.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it