See an Ouya dev kit in action

Your comments on our articles.

Dev kits for the Ouya were posted last week, meaning fresh footage of the Android-based console has started to flood the internet.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

See an Ouya dev kit in action

Postby Asinine » 07 Jan 2013, 08:29

Whilst it continued to go on okay, at 0:41 there was a momentary pause.

This reminded me of how quickly the mobile and tablet hardware moves in the Android field and the versions of Android that are subsequently required by some games to run. This could be a massive factor into whether an Android 'console' is going to be able to run games or apps in a years time.

I was interested in an Ouya or Gamestick (only for emulation) until I linked my Sixaxis into my Xperia which was HDMI into my TV and spun up my old emulators. My appetite for a dedicated Android piece of hardware is now over.
Asinine 49

Re: See an Ouya dev kit in action

Postby chamony » 07 Jan 2013, 10:34

where are they going with this then? because if its just going to be phone games on tv, ie mainly casual quick play games then its taking on nintendo's domain, the wii crowd, so will it get anywhere??
are there any big companies developing for it/big games being made for it?
whats the best we can expect from it? if its comparible to a wii for example then again how will it sell?
the programming side.... havent we already got that with pcs??
chamony 39

Xbox Live: 1amGOD
PSN ID: 1amGOD
Steam: 1amGOD

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 07 Jan 2013, 11:22

One of the devs popped up on another site that showed this in the comments section. they managed to get the game up and running on the hardware the same day they recieved the dev kit. Means porting existing android games to it is going to an absolute breeze.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby ch0s3n1 » 07 Jan 2013, 19:27

Did anyone notice he was playing on a joypad with a lcd screen...? It look like the game was also on the small screen!
Ultra Mega Hyper Hardcore Gamer Turbo Edition
ch0s3n1 26