Black Ops 2 'Revolution' DLC appears on official site

Your comments on our articles.

Leaked DLC prematurely confirmed, according to reports

According to reports, images confirming the 'Revolution' DLC pack for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 appeared briefly on the game's official site.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Black Ops 2 'Revolution' DLC appears on official site

Postby Laughlyn » 07 Jan 2013, 01:11

Till season pass price is sorted on ps3 activision can suck my big hairy balls if they think i'm paying £9 more for it
Laughlyn 55

Re: Black Ops 2 'Revolution' DLC appears on official site

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 07 Jan 2013, 14:37

4000 msp for a bunch of maps – the price of a new game, absolutely disgusting and I really hope that the season pass is not successful for this rendition of Call of Duty, because if it is, then the pricing of these passes will continue to rise and this ridiculous cost will become the norm. I spoke with my son-in-law about the pass the other day, and he said he wouldn’t buy it as he was only interested in having anything zombie related. I said to him then that he wouldn’t be able to buy zombie related DLC separately from everything else, and it would appear that I am right. When they’re charging so much for the DLC, there should be an option to buy (at a lesser amount) just that which you want, without being forced to either miss out on what you would like to have, or pay through the nose for stuff you don’t.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby CriasSK » 07 Jan 2013, 16:23

AllusiveTurtle wrote:4000 msp for a bunch of maps – the price of a new game, absolutely disgusting and I really hope that the season pass is not successful for this rendition of Call of Duty, because if it is, then the pricing of these passes will continue to rise and this ridiculous cost will become the norm.

Dude, the price didn't change, and the season pass is a savings.

Call of Duty always releases 4 map packs at 1200MSP each, or 4800MSP total, and when Treyarch does it they always contain 4 maps and 1 zombie map. This time we're getting 4 maps, 1 zombie map, and a weapon, for the usual 1200MSP - but if you know you're going to be buying all 4, you can save 800MSP by buying all 4 in advance.

Keep spreading your FUD though.
CriasSK 2
New user

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 07 Jan 2013, 19:18

CriasSK wrote:
AllusiveTurtle wrote:4000 msp for a bunch of maps – the price of a new game, absolutely disgusting and I really hope that the season pass is not successful for this rendition of Call of Duty, because if it is, then the pricing of these passes will continue to rise and this ridiculous cost will become the norm.
<br sab="800"><br sab="801">Dude, the price didn't change, and the season pass is a savings.<br sab="802"><br sab="803">Call of Duty always releases 4 map packs at 1200MSP each, or 4800MSP total, and when Treyarch does it they always contain 4 maps and 1 zombie map. This time we're getting 4 maps, 1 zombie map, and a weapon, for the usual 1200MSP - but if you know you're going to be buying all 4, you can save 800MSP by buying all 4 in advance.<br sab="804"><br sab="805">Keep spreading your FUD though.

Well done! You've managed to completely miss the point of my comment - for those willing to shell out 4000 points to have a bunch of maps - that's fine - personal preference and all that. My point was, that there is no choice when it comes to what you want to buy. Gears 3, for example, if you hate multiplayer, but really wanted to buy the campaign content - you could, and you could completely ignore the multiplayer (and obviously vice versa). My point about BLOPS2 is that if you only want additional zombie content, you're stuffed - because you can only get it if you buy the map pack as well and then you have to pay the price of a new game (all future DLC taken together) in order to buy just one small part of it. I would have been much happier if they had priced the zombies DLC for say, 500MSP and the Maps for 800MSP, or combined at a discounted 1200MSP. But as it is, you have to pay a wack of points for content you don't want, to get what you do. And it's just possible, that by giving the consumer more choice, they might make more sales, because instead of people not buying it because the price is high and includes content that you don't want, whereas being able to buy content specific DLC might pursaude more people to buy.

Finally, do you actually know the meaning of FUD? I ask, as I cannot see how I spreading any Fear, Uncertainty or Doubt? I was making a point regarding the pricing of DLC and preference for seeing it more content specific.
AllusiveTurtle 44