to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Steam Holiday Sale gets 'Weekend Encore'

Your comments on our articles.

Reprised deals for the "most sought-after titles"

The Steam Holiday Sale was due to end on Sunday, but Valve has chosen to keep the discounts coming with a 'Weekend Encore'.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Steam Holiday Sale gets 'Weekend Encore'

Postby Jingee » 04 Jan 2013, 23:57

Hooray; another weekend of me fighting my wallet. Luckily I seem to be running out of games I want/money.
Did pick up Civ V GOTY and G&K's though.
Jingee 48

Steam: -Jingee

Re: Steam Holiday Sale gets 'Weekend Encore'

Postby Dannyb0yUK » 05 Jan 2013, 00:38

"The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5 (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7 (Monday)." That's 2am on January 5 to 2am on January 7 in UK time.

Erm, no. Unless the entire American continents have moved and are now sharing a time zone with Hong Kong, that's 6pm on January 5th until 6pm on January 7th in UK time.
Let's just discuss, not fight.
Dannyb0yUK 37

Postby timtimity » 05 Jan 2013, 02:00

Personally I've been slightly disappointed with this year's holiday sale. There were some good games and I'm sure loads of people got some good offers, but I thought last year's sale was better.
timtimity 29

Postby freds1 » 05 Jan 2013, 05:04

Have to agree, personally I think it's been a little lackluster, not quite sure why. My bank account sure didn't mind though. I think it's gone on long enough tbh, like the Christmas holiday period it's okay for a while but I'm glad when things get back to normal.
No need to be careful what you wish for, you probably won't get it.
freds1 55

Postby Sangor » 05 Jan 2013, 12:05

I found better deals on Green Man Gaming than Steam this year.
Costa Panayi
Sangor 50

Postby STE MO » 05 Jan 2013, 12:05

I only finished building my PC at the beginning of November, gone back to my gaming roots, and am already sick to the back teeth of that steam sale! The money isn't and issue it's the lack of time to play all the games that I want and still have time for the kids and the wife and my Xbox! I love a good deal but i physically can't alter time and make us have 40 hours in a day just to get around to playing the games that I want :cry: I wish I hadn't got married and had kids :cry:
STE MO 50

Postby pherik » 05 Jan 2013, 14:25

timtimity wrote:Personally I've been slightly disappointed with this year's holiday sale. There were some good games and I'm sure loads of people got some good offers, but I thought last year's sale was better.

I had thought that as well, then I realised it is because I've got most of the stuff on sale in previous sales already!
pherik 51

Postby gobbybobby » 05 Jan 2013, 16:44

Dannyb0yUK wrote:
"The Encore Weekend begins at 10am PST on January 5 (Saturday) and runs until 10am PST on January 7 (Monday)." That's 2am on January 5 to 2am on January 7 in UK time.

Erm, no. Unless the entire American continents have moved and are now sharing a time zone with Hong Kong, that's 6pm on January 5th until 6pm on January 7th in UK time.

yer thats a proper fail on CVGs part! Check yer timezones!
gobbybobby 44

Xbox Live: gobbybobby
PSN ID: gobbybobby
Steam: gobbybobby
Battle.net: gobbybobby
xFire: gobbybobby