Crysis 4 could explore different genres, hints Crytek produc

Your comments on our articles.

"There's definitely a future in the franchise"

The Crysis franchise "definitely" has a future - and it could be in a genre other than the one it built its reputation with.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Crysis 4 could explore different genres, hints Crytek produc

Postby dannyhulse » 04 Jan 2013, 14:37

Crysis Kart Racing: Confirmed.
dannyhulse 47

Re: Crysis 4 could explore different genres, hints Crytek pr

Postby gmcb007 » 04 Jan 2013, 15:16

I'm sure PC graphic fanboys around the world are rejoicing.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby c97dem » 04 Jan 2013, 15:57

I must be in the minority then cause I thought Crysis universe was a bit meh!

Haven't been a huge fan of the games, although have played and completed them both on the PC
c97dem 55

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby martinawatson » 04 Jan 2013, 16:03

yehh timesplitters dickheads :idea:
Hey its Martin A , not Martina by the way, cheers
martinawatson 67

Postby Mobius01 » 04 Jan 2013, 16:17

gmcb007 wrote:I'm sure PC graphic fanboys around the world are rejoicing.

Nope.
Mobius01 50

Steam: mobius01

Postby Black Mantis » 04 Jan 2013, 17:52

c97dem wrote:I must be in the minority then cause I thought Crysis universe was a bit meh!

Haven't been a huge fan of the games, although have played and completed them both on the PC

I don't think you're in the minority, most people I've talked to about it, don't think much of its universe.
Black Mantis 67

Postby BenThomasFoster » 04 Jan 2013, 17:54

no doubt he's just talking about first peron rpg instead of actually a new genre. EA wouldn't allow for anything more than a fps with rpg elements at most
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby sonic_uk » 04 Jan 2013, 21:56

Hmm, well since they announced all future titles would be Pay-To-Win I can see how this is gonna go, its the first PR stunt designed to gradually introduce its fanbase to the system over time, so they don't realize its happening until its too late. This will avoid the huge uproar and backlash from those clueless enough to adopt this customer fleecing, enjoyment killing, industry ending business model.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby SavageEvil » 05 Jan 2013, 05:25

He, he, they Crysis guys talking about life left in the IP that reeks of style over substance. I for one can't wait to see this foray into previously charted territory of very pretty game that does nothing but be par for the course and does nothing else, but it sure looks pretty...,er ah...yea. How well did that last game do?
SavageEvil 51

Postby sonic_uk » 05 Jan 2013, 15:14

SavageEvil wrote:He, he, they Crysis guys talking about life left in the IP that reeks of style over substance. I for one can't wait to see this foray into previously charted territory of very pretty game that does nothing but be par for the course and does nothing else, but it sure looks pretty...,er ah...yea. How well did that last game do?

I don't think we've played the same game. Crysis 1 was an epic sprawling masterpiece with a great story that let you tackle the game how you wanted for the most part but still had individual levels with a clear goal and a vague direction to go. I like this approach. Warhead was much the same. The fact they also are some of the prettiest games ever made is just the icing on the cake. Anyone who says they were "just about graphics" etc etc really hasn't played them or doesn't know what they are talking about.

Crysis 2 on the other hand was about as linear as linear gets.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby The Bossman » 05 Jan 2013, 17:57

Crysis 1 was brilliant, I won't play Warhead because of all the talk about DRM, sure it's probably good. Crysis 2 was OK but completely generic and not very open, only 1 route through the whole game funnelled by supposed multiple routes that all lead to the same place. Before the 3rd is out they're already talking about a forth, I doubt I'll bother with this. If the reviews and gameplay show it's as good as the original then maybe. I loved swimming under the ocean and seeing the wildlife, no other game brought that to life like the original did.
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222