to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Microsoft quickly pulls demo of Panzer Dragoon spiritual seq

Your comments on our articles.

Crimson Dragon demo briefly appears on Xbox Live

A playable demo of missing in action Kinect title Crimson Dragon briefly appeared on Japan's Xbox Live Marketplace, before being swiftly pulled from the platform.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby MrPirtniw » 02 Jan 2013, 16:41

Yeah, I know it's a Kinect game but I'm actually looking forward to this- it looks nigh on identical to the Panzer Dragoon games (of which I love to bits). I assume you can't spin the camera to face whatever direction you want anymore- which could be a massive simplification of an already pretty simple game.
My other worry is that because it's a Kinect game it's going to sell about 6 copies which means that this is probably going to be the last Panzer Dragoon-esque game- I'd love to see a return to that franchise.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby sevvybgoode » 02 Jan 2013, 16:41

That looks amazing, I'm a huge panzer dragoon fan so I was really excited watching that video... Until I remembered I'd have to use that ridiculous webcam to play it. Barring dance central the kinect has been a disaster IMO, I've played tonnes of the games for it and what should be a relatively free flowing and simple experience turns into constant arm waggling and bending left and right. At least give us the option to use the pad with this please Microsoft. If that happens its a day one purchase, if not I'm waiting for it hitting the bargain bin (which will probably be within 4-6 weeks of release if history tells us anything about kinect releases).

It does look awesome though... :cry:
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Xbox Live: sevvy b goode
PSN ID: Sevvybgoode

Re: Microsoft quickly pulls demo of Panzer Dragoon spiritual

Postby JCHN » 02 Jan 2013, 17:16

sevvybgoode wrote:That looks amazing, I'm a huge panzer dragoon fan so I was really excited watching that video... Until I remembered I'd have to use that ridiculous webcam to play it. Barring dance central the kinect has been a disaster IMO, I've played tonnes of the games for it and what should be a relatively free flowing and simple experience turns into constant arm waggling and bending left and right. At least give us the option to use the pad with this please Microsoft. If that happens its a day one purchase, if not I'm waiting for it hitting the bargain bin (which will probably be within 4-6 weeks of release if history tells us anything about kinect releases).

I think you're forgetting Champion Jockey. :)
JCHN 56

Postby Black Mantis » 02 Jan 2013, 17:39

sevvybgoode wrote:That looks amazing, I'm a huge panzer dragoon fan so I was really excited watching that video... Until I remembered I'd have to use that ridiculous webcam to play it. Barring dance central the kinect has been a disaster IMO, I've played tonnes of the games for it and what should be a relatively free flowing and simple experience turns into constant arm waggling and bending left and right. At least give us the option to use the pad with this please Microsoft. If that happens its a day one purchase, if not I'm waiting for it hitting the bargain bin (which will probably be within 4-6 weeks of release if history tells us anything about kinect releases).

Just buy it, the creator has stated he'll make a true successor to Panzer Dragoon Saga if this is successful.
Black Mantis 67

Postby Tingles dingle » 02 Jan 2013, 18:18

Looks like yet another example of a great game hampered by motion controls.
Tingles dingle 36

Postby sevvybgoode » 02 Jan 2013, 18:43

Black Mantis wrote:

Just buy it, the creator has stated he'll make a true successor to Panzer Dragoon Saga if this is successful.

Have you got a link for that? If that's true I'm buying more than 1 copy... :shock:
There were 11000 gun related homicides in America in 2008, Japan had 6 gun related deaths in the same year. Does anyone know if they play videogames in Japan?
sevvybgoode 53

Postby deanoz2 » 02 Jan 2013, 19:29

:shock: As a huge PD fan that looked amazing..........however............is this Kinect ONLY!!!!?????
If it is then that's just sh!t, it will never sell the amount it needs too, there has to be a normal controller option surely!!!!???? :evil: :evil:

:) YOU WILL NEVER KNOW YOUR LIMITS UNTIL YOU PUSH YOUSELF TO REACH THEM !!!!! :)
deanoz2 51

Xbox Live: ZOMBIENATIONZ
PSN ID: ZOMBIENATIONZ

Postby Spider82 » 02 Jan 2013, 20:06

Looks like the sort of game you would find in the arcades of the 90's.
Spider82 37

Postby shadowsblaze » 02 Jan 2013, 20:07

deanoz2 wrote::shock: As a huge PD fan that looked amazing..........however............is this Kinect ONLY!!!!?????
If it is then that's just sh!t, it will never sell the amount it needs too, there has to be a normal controller option surely!!!!???? :evil: :evil:

I hope so otherwise they'll be seriously limiting their audience (let's face it - controlling games with Kinect is crap). Plus I'd love to see a spiritual sequel to Panzer Dragoon Saga.
shadowsblaze 55

Postby MrPirtniw » 02 Jan 2013, 20:15

Spider82 wrote:Looks like the sort of game you would find in the arcades of the 90's.

Hell yeah!
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Postby Black Mantis » 02 Jan 2013, 21:55

sevvybgoode wrote:
Have you got a link for that? If that's true I'm buying more than 1 copy... :shock:

Here it is, I'm buying at least 3 copies!

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/crimso ... s-creator/
Black Mantis 67

Postby FAUNA » 02 Jan 2013, 22:23

STANDARD CONTROLLER OPTION please!!!
FAUNA 35

Postby sevvybgoode » 02 Jan 2013, 22:28

Black Mantis wrote:
sevvybgoode wrote:

Here it is, I'm buying at least 3 copies!

http://www.gamestm.co.uk/discuss/crimso ... s-creator/

Its an xbla arcade game then? If so and there's even a slim hope of a new saga game I'm gonna make as man accounts as
I can on my 360 and buy a couple of copies...

Dear god this is possibly the best news possible barring shenmue 3 or a hd conversion of xenogears... :shock:
sevvybgoode 53

Postby karkify » 02 Jan 2013, 23:33

Looks like a fun arcade title in all honesty, and a nice looking one at that, but it looks like a chore to play. Who wants to look like Mr. Mime while playing a game?
http://toohighortullo.files.wordpress.c ... r-mime.png
karkify 50

Postby MrPirtniw » 03 Jan 2013, 00:41

karkify wrote:Looks like a fun arcade title in all honesty, and a nice looking one at that, but it looks like a chore to play. Who wants to look like Mr. Mime while playing a game?
http://toohighortullo.files.wordpress.c ... r-mime.png

Could be worse... Image

Joking aside, I'm not bothered whether it's Kinect only or not- what I care about is whether or not the Kinect controls are going to be any good or not. I've had some mixed results from the various games I've played. For this to be any good it'll have to be quick and responsive... which are where Kinect often fails. :(
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Next