Alan Wake dev teases 'great news' in 2013

Your comments on our articles.

Sequel speculation continues following Remedy Facebook post

Alan Wake developer Remedy has kicked off 2013 with more hints that the Microsoft-published thriller title could see a sequel.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Alan Wake dev teases 'great news' in 2013

Postby flyfletch » 02 Jan 2013, 11:17

Alan wake on the 720 perhaps?? Lets hope so! :)
flyfletch 72

Re: Alan Wake dev teases 'great news' in 2013

Postby ingy » 02 Jan 2013, 12:49

I would love a new Alan Wake game, just don't try to change it too much, no skill trees and absolutely no co-op.
ingy 64

Postby lonewolf2002 » 02 Jan 2013, 12:53

ingy wrote:I would love a new Alan Wake game, just don't try to change it too much, no skill trees and absolutely no co-op.

More variety and a bit more open world is what I would like to see in a sequel. 8)
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby Black Mantis » 02 Jan 2013, 13:10

Finally! I'm sure Remedy have listened to the criticisms of the first game, as they tend to communicate well with their fans. Can't wait to experience the creepy atmosphere on next gen tech.
Black Mantis 67

Postby ingy » 02 Jan 2013, 14:24

lonewolf2002 wrote:
ingy wrote:I would love a new Alan Wake game, just don't try to change it too much, no skill trees and absolutely no co-op.

More variety and a bit more open world is what I would like to see in a sequel. 8)

Why open world?
That would destroy the tight focussed gameplay that made the first so good, bigger is not always better, 'open world' has become the new buzz word but it rarely means better.
How do you make a tense moment in a game if you can just take a detour around it.
ingy 64

Postby Black Mantis » 02 Jan 2013, 14:38

ingy wrote:
Why open world?
That would destroy the tight focussed gameplay that made the first so good, bigger is not always better, 'open world' has become the new buzz word but it rarely means better.
How do you make a tense moment in a game if you can just take a detour around it.

Agreed. Those moments when the pages hint at what's round the corner would be ruined for starters. I think a good warning, is Batman: AC. Whilst an improvement in almost every area, the story suffered a bit in its tightness and there were too many what should I do now moments.
Black Mantis 67

Postby lonewolf2002 » 02 Jan 2013, 17:27

ingy wrote:
lonewolf2002 wrote:

Why open world?

Never said bigger did I? Open world does not mean bigger regardless of what you may think it stands for. I also said a bit more open world not fully open world. The game was a little too linear that's all I was trying to get at. Are you sure you're not confusing open world with Sandbox? I like exploring more in games something I felt that AW could of done with but hey each to their own.
What you need to remember is that there's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, THEN there's the truth!

360 Lon3Wolf2002

PSN lone_WOLF2002

Steam lonewolf10
lonewolf2002 64

Postby gmcb007 » 02 Jan 2013, 17:40

ingy wrote:Why open world?

Funny you say that because Alan Wake was originally an open world game (hence the detailed road maps in the game). Quite frankly I believe an open world setting would work pretty well. You could add side quests between the main campaign chapters that explore the surrounding area and the history of the darkness etc.

Dead island was an open world game but there was still plently of times were you are forced into a tight, scary situation that you couldn't avoid.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it