Dead Space 3 Achievements revealed

Your comments on our articles.

Warning: Spoilers

The Achievements for Dead Space 3 have appeared online and are posted below. Word of warning, there are a fair few spoilers in there, so proceed with caution.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Lsnake » 21 Dec 2012, 18:32

Great...Hard Core.

I don't even know if I can bother this time. Really crappy Trophy. At least they didn't go overboard with the Co-Op trophies, but this one will either require a good friend or some patient booster buddy..
Lsnake 46

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 21 Dec 2012, 18:39

Way to go EA! So, having upset many by including co-op in the first instance, and then insisting that you didn't have to play co-op if you didn't want to, you then go and stick in a number of co-op achievements, which means that if you want to get all the achievements, you then HAVE to play co-op. EA could have done themselves a lot of favours, and regained just a little bit of credibility, if they had just stuck to single-player achievements. And there doesn't even look like there is an achievement for completing the game on the hardest setting solo, and co-op is always a cop-out when it comes to the hardest settings.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Re: Dead Space 3 Achievements revealed

Postby steve w » 22 Dec 2012, 09:17

Stop moaning everyone dead space 3 is looking good, glad it's got coop.
steve w 57

Postby dwhlufc » 22 Dec 2012, 11:16

I'm not saying the co-op won't be good in this but EA felt the need to include it which is fine as its there product, but it just pushes it off my day one purchase. I'll happily wait until its £15 in a bargain bin now.
dwhlufc 76

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 22 Dec 2012, 11:47

Steve W - I am entitled to an opinion, and my opinion, and the opinion of many others, is that Dead Space does not need co-op as the game was perfectly fine as a single-player experience. Before you could play the (poorly implemented and unsuccessful) multiplayer mode within the second game you had to have an online pass, for which EA obviously charged those that didn't buy the game new. Do you honestly think that EA have included the difficult to implement co-op (particularly in the manner in which they have) just out of the kindness of their heart? No, obviously not, it is so that they can reap more money by forcing those that want to play it by charging for an online pass. The game has drastically moved away from the original and has become far more action orientated. The original game was a suspenseful chiller of a game, the second was far more action orientated but managed to maintain some of the tension, but the changes that have been introduced to the third is basically to make it just another action shooter. The developers kept banging on about co-op being entirely optional, but then admitted that to get the full experience and to in order to witness all the events within the game you had to play co-op, and now they have added co-op achievements, which for those of us that strive to beat all the games challenges means that in order to do so you now HAVE to play the co-op, and again, do you honestly believe that EA have not included co-op achievements without realising that they will garner more sales of the online pass as completionists are forced to purchase it? Of course not, it's a cynical move on the part of EA. Finally, it is disingenuous to say that those that express differing opinions to your own are ‘moaning’ when in fact all they are doing is expressing views of a game about which they are very passionate. Just as you are looking forward to co-op, I have the right to believe that it is an unnecessary addition to the franchise.
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby budge » 22 Dec 2012, 12:26

Just ignore Steve W, he prefers the modern day Resident Evil games to the original ones.
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby beastie » 22 Dec 2012, 22:47

I was really excited about Dead Space 2 coming out, after the brilliant horror which is Dead Space.

This time round I keep forgetting it is even coming out, and may pick it up when it is in the bargain bin. Though saying that I said I would pick up Fear3 when that was cheap too, and can't even be bothered spending a fiver on it now.
beastie 54

Postby steve w » 23 Dec 2012, 14:07

budge wrote:Just ignore Steve W, he prefers the modern day Resident Evil games to the original ones.

Wrong I like them all re0 to 6 including re:cvx and revelations but not Orc just the main re story line.
steve w 57

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 24 Dec 2012, 02:51

Pre-reviewing reviews........... Its the new big thing!!

If your a complete moron that is, theres no demo yet, theres only a couple of trailers and already everyone hates it, the level of ignorance on this site astounds me sometimes, buy it or dont buy it but dont judge it before you've even seen the final build, thats insane!!!

I love a bit of co-op and i also love single player, this has both with extra story scenes depending on how you want to play, to me that sounds cool and completely worth replay with a buddy after doing it solo. The in game footage looks smooth and the enemies varied, the big boss fights look great and overall it has nice lost planet 1 feel to it.

Is it any good??? F**ked if i know but my mind isnt closed to it because they changed a few things.
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby steve w » 24 Dec 2012, 07:09

Megatrons_Fury wrote:Pre-reviewing reviews........... Its the new big thing!!

If your a complete moron that is, theres no demo yet, theres only a couple of trailers and already everyone hates it, the level of ignorance on this site astounds me sometimes, buy it or dont buy it but dont judge it before you've even seen the final build, thats insane!!!

I love a bit of co-op and i also love single player, this has both with extra story scenes depending on how you want to play, to me that sounds cool and completely worth replay with a buddy after doing it solo. The in game footage looks smooth and the enemies varied, the big boss fights look great and overall it has nice lost planet 1 feel to it.

Is it any good??? F**ked if i know but my mind isnt closed to it because they changed a few things.

At last someone with sense on this site, that's why I don't vist this site and comment to often anymore because most people on here write a game off before they play it.
steve w 57

Postby AllusiveTurtle » 24 Dec 2012, 07:37

Let me start by saying that I am going to assume that you are referring to my earlier post, and then say that the one thing that I never do is to be thoroughly juvenile and come on to this site (or any other) and start insulting other members. I am neither a moron (I am actually pretty educated and have held a job of responsibility for over 29 years), and nor am I ignorant. I have ready pretty much everything that has come out about Dead Space 3, watched all the trailers, and gone back to the original games. I have played well over 200 games and own approaching 400 so I would consider myself an established and knowledgeable gamer (my gamertag is Festering Smurf – if you would like to confirm what I am saying). I am far from ignorant, I am well informed.

One of the great things about the previous Dead Space games was that you did not get into gunfights (but you will now – DS has never been about fighting human enemies, that was the territory of virtually every other shooter where you fought either human enemies, or enemies with guns). You had the inability to duck into cover or even evade incoming attacks (you can now). You could not (easily) rely on one weapon to see you through the whole game, particularly on the harder levels because there was insufficient ammunition to see you use the same weapon all the time, this necessitated using weapons that sometimes you would rather not whilst in situations in which you would have given your right arm to use your favourite weapon. But with universal ammo, that problem is history.

My biggest gripe is about the inclusion of co-op (I never touched the multiplayer in DS2 as I didn’t have to as it was not part of the narrative nor were there any achievements linked to it). EA has insisted that it was not necessary to partake in the co-op mode. I still don’t, but if I don’t, I don’t get the full story and I cannot get all the achievements. If EA were truly serious about the importance of the solo mode, why is there no achievement (as in Halo for instance) for completing it on the hardest difficulty alone? It was one of the things that irritated me in Gears of War 3 – I struggled and succeeded in completing the game on Insane alone, only to find that you could storm though the game in co-op and that you could then not tell the difference between who had done it solo and who had done it in co-op. Optional co-op is the thin edge of the wedge, because without doubt, EA will claim the mode to be successful and thus what the fans want, and so in future iterations of the game not only will the game not feature drop-in drop-out co-op, but you will have someone else tagging along regardless, because EA have already admitted that the manner of implementation has been extremely difficult (and for difficult read costly – and they will want to keep the costs down in future).

My greatest concern though is that there are so many significant game changing alterations to the Dead Space franchise (a franchise that, despite the huge number of games I have played, easily ranks within my top 5 favourites) that the game has become far removed from where it begun. As EA search for a larger demographic to play the game, they are in fact alienating those that made the franchise successful in the first instance. I’m sure that EA will claim that the game has outsold both games that came before it (and it probably will), but that is in no part down to making it far more generic and in so doing, Dead Space is losing its identity.

Will I buy the game? Yes. Will I enjoy it? That remains to be seen. Would I play it in co-op if I could get the same story whilst playing it solo and there were no achievements linked to it? Absolutely not!
AllusiveTurtle 44

Postby dwhlufc » 24 Dec 2012, 08:33

steve w wrote:

At last someone with sense on this site, that's why I don't vist this site and comment to often anymore because most people on here write a game off before they play it.

I haven't read any hate aimed at this game in this thread yet, just disappointment. I personally love single player experiences, so when I read that i'd have to play this in co-op to see the full story, its easy to understand mine and others disappointment.

I'm not writing the game off at all. Read my comments properly, I said co-op could be good but its not my cup of tea, hence the, "ill wait for a price cut before purchasing"
dwhlufc 76

Postby Brenton » 27 Jan 2013, 15:10

Great, co-op achievements. That's original...
Gaming is not only food for being content but a managing tool to manage and stem the tide of daily and work style stresses. Don't underestimate it...
Brenton 15

Xbox Live: Sparhawk70
Steam: Sparhawk122
Battle.net: SPARTALON