to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Aliens Colonial Marines video shows off Hadley's Hope

Your comments on our articles.

See how Gearbox has recreated the colony on LV-426

Sega has released a new Aliens: Colonial Marines trailer.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Aliens Colonial Marines video shows off Hadley's Hope

Postby Manjushri » 20 Dec 2012, 16:50

Looking foward to this, always a sucker for alien games.
I remember the first time I had sex - I kept the receipt.

Groucho Marx
Manjushri 48

PSN ID: Rottingface
Steam: Rottingface

Re: Aliens Colonial Marines video shows off Hadley's Hope

Postby c97dem » 20 Dec 2012, 17:33

Just a shame us Alien fans are left to feel like suckers with below par games :(
c97dem 54

Xbox Live: magic mugs
PSN ID: chenzee
Steam: thenephilim79

Postby HBgamer » 20 Dec 2012, 17:50

I know it's sad but my name is Hadley and this always makes me smile :D
HBgamer 33

Postby YCshinobi » 20 Dec 2012, 20:01

I have hope for this game :D
YCshinobi 65

Xbox Live: ycshinobi
PSN ID: ycshinobi
Wii Code: Wii U... YCshinobi
Steam: ycshinobi

Postby Farmboy74 » 20 Dec 2012, 20:12

Looks good and obviously a bit of artistic licensing going of here, as Hadleys Hope was destroyed in a nuclear explosion at the end of Aliens!!!!
Farmboy74 52

Postby Jraptor59 » 20 Dec 2012, 20:20

I love the Alien games. On this one, forgive my intellect if I missed it, where does it fall in the sequence of things? The site was "nuked from orbit" at the end of Aliens. I guessed this might be before Ridleys team arrived, but Bishop is in it (although he could be one of those evil androids (knew what Ridley was walking into)), I didn't get that feel from him.
Jraptor59 9
New user

Postby Agamon » 20 Dec 2012, 21:24

Jraptor59 wrote:I love the Alien games. On this one, forgive my intellect if I missed it, where does it fall in the sequence of things? The site was "nuked from orbit" at the end of Aliens. I guessed this might be before Ridleys team arrived, but Bishop is in it (although he could be one of those evil androids (knew what Ridley was walking into)), I didn't get that feel from him.

Its right after they nuke it, i guess a few weeks.
Agamon 38

Postby alan666 » 20 Dec 2012, 22:03

the game is set 17 weeks after the Aliens film, it says so on the original trailer http://youtu.be/vAHXsCtTFVw

If you look closely at the trailer, you will see Bishop cut in half on the loading bar floor, but at the end of Aliens Ripley puts Bishop inside the ship in a hybernation pod/bed thing, where she also puts Newt into one & then herself, this ship is then found on Fiorina 'Fury' 161

he Colonial Marine spaceship Sulaco experiences an onboard fire and launches an escape pod containing Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) along with Newt, Hicks, and the damaged android Bishop. All four are in cryonic stasis. During the launch, the ship's medical scans of the crew's cryotubes show an Alien facehugger attached to one of the crewmembers. The pod then crashes on Fiorina 'Fury' 161, a foundry facility and penal colony

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_3

Maybe the blast we saw in Aliens did not hit Hadley's Hope, do not forget the Alien was wanted by Weyland-Yutani & nothing was going to get in their way, there was no proof the nuke hit Hadley's Hope, maybe all the weapons had a fail-safe in place, the thing is if the game had NOT been set (part of it) at Hadley's Hope fans would of moaned about a new colony that has somehow just been conveniently found over some ridge a few miles away that has never been heard about before, i think Gearbox have used a bit of artistic license that's all.

Maybe in this game all will be explained, maybe there is a part of the game where you interact with the computer & it says that Hadley's Hope was going to be nuked but (________________) happened thus explaining why it is still there to be explored.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby l1nc » 21 Dec 2012, 08:53

Jraptor59 wrote:I love the Alien games. On this one, forgive my intellect if I missed it, where does it fall in the sequence of things? The site was "nuked from orbit" at the end of Aliens. I guessed this might be before Ridleys team arrived, but Bishop is in it (although he could be one of those evil androids (knew what Ridley was walking into)), I didn't get that feel from him.

Im sure sigourney weaver's character is called ripley, ridley is the alien from metroid and metroid only exists because of alien. kinda of kool that you called her ridley.
Ol skool from speccy to ps3
l1nc 41

Xbox Live: l1nc
PSN ID: l1nctendo

Postby deanoz2 » 22 Dec 2012, 12:40

Im sure this game takes place after the period of time the marines were classed as missing. Is it not also true though that Hadleys Hope was not nuked from orbit, it was blasted to sh!t by the atmosphere processor going super critical and blowing up, this was caused by the damage the marines did during their initial search for the colonists and/or the damage caused by the dropship smashing into it. Nuking from orbit was discussed between Ripley and Hicks and that's when Burke showed his true company colours!!!!
Now an artistic way around it might be to suggest that the blast which was equal to 42 kilotons(from memory here)could have been fatal to life forms but structurally the complex could have survived with minor damage, but then again it's guess work, like everyone else I'm gonna have to wait until the games out!!! :mrgreen:
deanoz2 50

Xbox Live: ZOMBIENATIONZ
PSN ID: ZOMBIENATIONZ

Postby l1nc » 23 Dec 2012, 08:38

deanoz2 wrote:Im sure this game takes place after the period of time the marines were classed as missing. Is it not also true though that Hadleys Hope was not nuked from orbit, it was blasted to sh!t by the atmosphere processor going super critical and blowing up, this was caused by the damage the marines did during their initial search for the colonists and/or the damage caused by the dropship smashing into it. Nuking from orbit was discussed between Ripley and Hicks and that's when Burke showed his true company colours!!!!
Now an artistic way around it might be to suggest that the blast which was equal to 42 kilotons(from memory here)could have been fatal to life forms but structurally the complex could have survived with minor damage, but then again it's guess work, like everyone else I'm gonna have to wait until the games out!!! :mrgreen:

That's right but if the atmosphere processor blew up how can the marines in this game breath unaided whilst blasting xenomorph ass.
Ol skool from speccy to ps3
l1nc 41

Xbox Live: l1nc
PSN ID: l1nctendo

Postby deanoz2 » 23 Dec 2012, 11:11

l1nc wrote:
deanoz2 wrote:Im sure this game takes place after the period of time the marines were classed as missing. Is it not also true though that Hadleys Hope was not nuked from orbit, it was blasted to sh!t by the atmosphere processor going super critical and blowing up, this was caused by the damage the marines did during their initial search for the colonists and/or the damage caused by the dropship smashing into it. Nuking from orbit was discussed between Ripley and Hicks and that's when Burke showed his true company colours!!!!

That's right but if the atmosphere processor blew up how can the marines in this game breath unaided whilst blasting xenomorph ass.

Very true, good point, might be due to the atmosphere taking time to revert back to unbreathable!!?? 8)
deanoz2 50

Xbox Live: ZOMBIENATIONZ
PSN ID: ZOMBIENATIONZ