Capcom cuts profit forecast on weak Resident Evil 6 sales

Your comments on our articles.

Game started strongly but now "certain" to miss previous target

Capcom has slashed its sales and earnings forecast for the financial year ending March 31, 2013 due to poorer than expected Resident Evil 6 sales and a Monster Hunter 4 delay.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Capcom cuts profit forecast on weak Resident Evil 6 sales

Postby Stryker89 » 19 Dec 2012, 11:55

What a shame. Time to learn your lesson, Capcom.
Stryker89 61

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Re: Capcom cuts profit forecast on weak Resident Evil 6 sale

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 19 Dec 2012, 12:24

Haven't played RE6, the fifth installment was mediocre enough. Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS was a step in the right direction though, and relatively to the 360/PS3 instal base it sold much better. If only Capcom wasn't so stubborn...
Stan_Goodspeed 62

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby

Postby sh4dow83 » 19 Dec 2012, 13:09

So what? It still already sold MILLIONS of copies more than I would've expected/hoped. It's ridiculous that almost four million (according to vgchartz) people bought this pile of crap.
sh4dow83 44

Postby Megatrons_Fury » 19 Dec 2012, 13:19

Ahhhhhh where are all those forum members who assured me that this title would hit 6 million sales, your all a little quiet today arnt you.
Megatrons_Fury 51

Postby Solm » 19 Dec 2012, 13:21

Is RE6 that bad. I'm tempted to pick it up at some stage in the future.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 54

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby dwhlufc » 19 Dec 2012, 13:25

Well done to all gamers who voted with their wallet against this turd of a game.
dwhlufc 76

Postby B_G_G » 19 Dec 2012, 14:01

Just about a perfect result for me, lots of sales to prove that the series has a future, lots fewer sales than they thought to prove that people don't like the dumbed down action heavy direction they've taken.

I FERVENTLY hope the same happens with Dead Space 3.
B_G_G 51

Postby allygray69 » 19 Dec 2012, 14:13

Played the first mission and havent touched it since. Such a waste of £40. Oh well, lesson learned.
allygray69 57

Xbox Live: GrandTheftAlly
PSN ID: GrandTheftAli
Steam: allygray69

Postby Zabba 2 » 19 Dec 2012, 14:22

I remember that first news article when they were confident about shipping 7 million units and it being their biggest selling game.

Like many, I played the demo and was really underwhelmed. Very glad I didn't shell out for this. However, Christmas is coming up and, as per tradition, my brother and I get each other a game. Since there's absolutely nothing else I want, I think I'll be asking for Resi 6.
Zabba 2 65

Postby toaplan » 19 Dec 2012, 14:36

Solm wrote:Is RE6 that bad. I'm tempted to pick it up at some stage in the future.

A game selling a bit below expectations doesn't mean it's a crappy game. For example, the critically acclaimed Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops the Line also sold below expectations.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/36 ... ectations/

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/37 ... me-degree/

6-7 million was perhaps too high as a sales target, in a slightly soft games market of 6-7 year old consoles. No game in Capcom's history has sold 7 million copies. Still, the similarly big-budget AC3 managed that amount for Ubisoft, so Capcom must be a bit envious now.

Hopefully the patch has fixed some of the game camera issues. The controls would need some fixing as well.
toaplan 75

Postby richomack360 » 19 Dec 2012, 14:43

toaplan wrote:A game selling a bit below expectations doesn't mean it's a crappy game

toaplan wrote:Hopefully the patch has fixed some of the game camera issues. The controls would need some fixing as well.

Would of thought a game having a rubbish camera and control system would make it a crappy game if it sold 1 copy or 1 million copies.....
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby toaplan » 19 Dec 2012, 14:56

richomack360 wrote:Would of thought a game having a rubbish camera and control system would make it a crappy game if it sold 1 copy or 1 million copies.....

I'm still waiting for the PC version, but based on my impressions of the PS3 demo... the controls were problematic, but tolerable. I heard that AC3 initially suffered from poor A.I. (although I believe there has been a patch to address the issue). A game can still be good overall, despite being flawed in an important area like controls or A.I.

edit: (I'm continuing the debate here, because my "historic and insightful" 1000th post shall not be about Resi 6...)

richomack360 wrote:No, won't have that - a control system should be good, especially for an "AAA" game, at the very minimum. buying a product and having an integral part described as "tolerable" just doesn't cut it with me.

A control system can make or break a game - with Resi 6 it was just another part of the game that was well below par.

Okay, but I don't think the controls of Resi 6 are game-breaking, mostly just slightly too complicated. And I've played some games with game-breaking controls recently (for example, FPS games on the iPad). Also, I thought about getting Code Veronica HD, but have skipped it so far, because of its old-style Resi controls. I'm less worried about the controls of Resi 6.

Some aspects of Resi 6 are above par: the graphics were praised as gorgeous by CVG and IGN, and game length / amount of content can also be counted among the positives.
Last edited by toaplan on 19 Dec 2012, 16:37, edited 4 times in total.
toaplan 75

Postby richomack360 » 19 Dec 2012, 15:39

toaplan wrote:
richomack360 wrote:Would of thought a game having a rubbish camera and control system would make it a crappy game if it sold 1 copy or 1 million copies.....

I'm still waiting for the PC version, but based on my impressions of the PS3 demo... the controls were problematic, but tolerable. I heard that AC3 initially suffered from poor A.I. (although I believe there has been a patch to address the issue). A game can still be good overall, despite being flawed in an important area like controls or A.I.

No, won't have that - a control system should be good, especially for an "AAA" game, at the very minimum. buying a product and having an integral part described as "tolerable" just doesn't cut it with me.

A control system can make or break a game - with Resi 6 it was just another part of the game that was well below par.
Fanboys of CVG Forums. This is the law. Disperse immediately, or we will use lethal force to clear the area. You have been warned. You now have 20 posts to comply.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360
Steam: richomack360

Postby Stephen King » 19 Dec 2012, 16:32

This is a POST to ALL Resident Evil 6/Resident Evil haters on this site.

It's not like the old Resi games blah blah blah.
Bad controls blah blah blah.
Capcom sucks blah blah blah.

If it was like the old games you ALL would complain and say it hadn't moved along with time etc.
The controls in Resident Evil 6 is The BEST of ALL time in any Resident Evil game and YES I know this to be a FACT since I own almost every game and copy on most video game systems to date.
Capcom is amongst the BEST gaming companies EVER.
Look at the back catalog of games and gaming franchises they have.
Yes we ALL might hate their dlc blah blah blah thingy :wink: but COME ON, Capcom has given US gamers Street Fighter IV, Resident Evil 5 and 6 and both franchises has because of these games become even BETTER than before.

Resident Evil 6 didn't have to become the BEST game ever to be LOVED people.
Street Fighter IV is probably the BEST in the series even better than Street Fighter 2 (ALL editions) and SF 3.
You people complain for everything and NOTHING :(

Why HATE when you can LOVE or just walk silently away from IT?
Resident Evil had better story and was at the peak with the first two games but Resident Evil 4 the most loved by game critics changed the series for EVER and most loved it but when Capcom build upon it with Resi 5 and 6 everyone seems to HATE it.
It has better controls, it's faster paced (YES I know many HATE IT) better graphics, BIGGER and has a MUCH better story than the fourth game so COME ON AGAIN, WAKE UP people.

Resi 2 took it into the street and gave us military tactics etc.
So infact it was the second game that really startet to PUSH the series into mainstream military, fast paced blah blah blah game territory.

Resi 6 is not even the 6th game in the series it's the |3r24362424ry6t3fyetywedfvhygu9iwefokgvgf in the series (I fell asleep at the keyboard there) and Capcom is giving US the FANS a story that Continues on but that started it's life in Resident Evil (1996) on Playstation.
If you like it or not is UP to you, but why ALL the HATE people??????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I HATE x-box, microsoft, COD etc but you won't see me on EVERY article about it saying BLAH BLAH BLAH I HATE this and that.

Get your facts straighten OUT and STOP RANTING people :evil:
YES I'm a No 1 Resi FAN but I ain't BLIND or DUMB.
I'm NOT saying Resi 6 is perfect and the best in the series but I am saying that it has better controls than EVER and the story is GOOD if you LOVE Resi like I do :P

No LOVE for it then PLEASE MOVE ON and GET OUT of ALL the articles about it you wannabe Resi fans thinking you now this and that and YES here comes the BLAH BLAH BLAH again 8)

THE END.
Stephen King 21

PSN ID: StephenKing

Postby El Mag » 19 Dec 2012, 16:40

I remember my first drink.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Next