Molyneux's Godus Kickstarter: prototype video released

Your comments on our articles.

Developer has three days to raise £90k to get project off the ground

Peter Molyneux's new studio 22Cans has released a prototype video for the firm's Kickstarter project Godus.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Molyneux's Godus Kickstarter: prototype video released

Postby shadyMrPatch » 18 Dec 2012, 12:05

Christ, just call it Powermonger 2013 and then we'll all know where you are coming from, its pretty much identical.

Not that that is a bad thing but you are pretty much doing the same you did nearly 30 years ago.
PSN : <not telling>
shadyMrPatch 44

Re: Molyneux's Godus Kickstarter: prototype video released

Postby woodins » 18 Dec 2012, 12:54

I don't get it . . . Did MS pay him minimum wage when he sold his soul to them or what?
Paracetamol will not bring back a dead hooker. Trust me.
woodins 36

Postby Asinine » 18 Dec 2012, 14:04

That looks s**t.

I know it's not finished and all, but unless they vastly increase the scope of the game, it looks like Populos/Powermonger for the under 5's. :x It looks like a crap 'mini' game on tablet at the moment.

shadyMrPatch wrote:Christ, just call it Powermonger 2013 and then we'll all know where you are coming from, its pretty much identical.

Not that that is a bad thing but you are pretty much doing the same you did nearly 30 years ago.

Yes, just bring out Populos/Powermonger or even the mighty Megalomania for this decade and all will be good. :D
Asinine 49

Postby fyckfaco » 18 Dec 2012, 15:01

Thats the worst concept video ive seen in a long time. I thought the point of a video like that is to show what your trying to achieve .
What they have done here is make a trailer of the current prototype, showing the current features as its full scope. It has left out most of the things i heard peter talking about on the kickstarter video... Peter give me a job and ill do it better :P
fyckfaco 35

Postby Paul_Boland2 » 18 Dec 2012, 18:51

I love the landscape, the way the contours of the land are made, it's very unique. Same the action isn't much to look at right now, but I like it, I'd buy it. But I still won't throw money at it just to get it up and running with no come-back on that money.
Paul_Boland2 50

Postby sulli456 » 18 Dec 2012, 19:37

I don't get the concept, populous the beginning you had a god and you got her to say things like tsunama and give building objectives for your workers and train fighters. This just looks like you watch a civilisation grow then they fight whent ehy get close. There was no interaction bar shaping the contours of the land.
sulli456 47

Postby Imaduck » 19 Dec 2012, 08:31

Well f**k that :shock:

Populous the Beginning had so much atmosphere, beauty and character, this looks souless and empty. Looks like a remake of the Atari 1.
Imaduck 58

Postby corkscru74 » 19 Dec 2012, 22:30

fyckfaco wrote:Thats the worst concept video ive seen in a long time...It has left out most of the things i heard peter talking about on the kickstarter video.

Peter claiming a game has features that then don't materialise in the final release? Nope, sounds a bit far-fetched to me :lol:

I actually quite liked the art-style :) I know it's only a proof of concept and probably has nothing, visually, to do with the final game but I just love the "we've got computers capable of near photorealism but lets make everything really simple" style :)
corkscru74 50

Xbox Live: Corkscru74