'Zynga has done free-to-play a terrible disservice' - SOE bo

Your comments on our articles.

President John Smedley lashes out over F2P's tarnished reputation

Sony Online Entertainment (SOE) president John Smedley has pointed the finger at Zynga for damaging the reputation of free-to-play gaming.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

'Zynga has done free-to-play a terrible disservice' - SOE bo

Postby Jack32X » 17 Dec 2012, 22:42

> Says some games wouldn't work as free to play titles due to large download sizes
> Releases DC Universe Online which is 30gigs to download not including patches

*Slow Clap* Oh good that still works.
Jack32X 4
New user

Re: 'Zynga has done free-to-play a terrible disservice' - SO

Postby Barca Azul » 18 Dec 2012, 00:32

Well, in gaming circles, I don't think Zynga have many friends all round.
Barca Azul 63

Postby HelloLadies » 18 Dec 2012, 01:53

Hahaha! Good old Zynga, not only a complete joke and a failure but the verbal punching bag of the gaming industry. How much further can they sink?
HelloLadies 53

Postby spamtin » 18 Dec 2012, 02:16

Typical SOE wouldnt mind if Planetside was any good as a free to play game, Zynga browser games have more playability so a bit rich calling them when a browser game thrashes a crap halo want-to-be pay to win.
spamtin 50

Postby Drusus » 18 Dec 2012, 04:26

spamtin wrote:crap halo want-to-be pay to win.

Does that mean it''s a halo but it isn't very good because it doesn't sit atop your head properly and it wants to be won in a raffle but was actually given away in some kind of angel on angel arm wrestling contest?

I thought Planetside 2 was more like a fun Battlefield play-to-be win to do...... that's you, that's what you sound like.
Drusus 59

Postby spamtin » 18 Dec 2012, 04:38

:P Yeah its brilliant best game this year so much fun i had it installed for all of ooo 15 minutes to realise it was the best free to play game ever :oops: and promptly got uninstalled, but each to there own i guess :roll: .

Pay to win was a bit harsh i suppose, micro transaction to look like the other sucker would be better, perhaps the realized halfway through development that if they charged for it - nobody would actually buy it :wink: .

Free to play = micro transactions or some other junk monetization i wish all companies following this model would just fold already :shock:
spamtin 50

Postby LedBetter » 18 Dec 2012, 06:56

spamtin wrote:Typical SOE wouldnt mind if Planetside was any good as a free to play game, Zynga browser games have more playability so a bit rich calling them when a browser game thrashes a crap halo want-to-be pay to win.

You are an absolute moron if you think Planetside 2 is pay to win.

If you can tell me why it's pay to win I will give you my gaming rig. Please I'm waiting.

Amazing that clowns like this still exist. Can't do 5 minutes of research to realize you can get everything in the store just by playing the game. Not only that but the weapons you can get from the store are just variations of what you get for free. Your starting gear is incredibly affective and nothing in the store puts people who do not want to play at a disadvantage.

Go look at every review out.

PS: It has glowing reviews so shove your wannabe Halo nonsense up your ass. Your accusations have no merit whatsoever and you should stop commenting. Your worthless ass is not wanted.
LedBetter 13

Postby HelloLadies » 18 Dec 2012, 10:54

LedBetter wrote:
spamtin wrote:Typical SOE wouldnt mind if Planetside was any good as a free to play game, Zynga browser games have more playability so a bit rich calling them when a browser game thrashes a crap halo want-to-be pay to win.

You are an absolute moron if you think Planetside 2 is pay to win.

If you can tell me why it's pay to win I will give you my gaming rig. Please I'm waiting.

Amazing that clowns like this still exist. Can't do 5 minutes of research to realize you can get everything in the store just by playing the game. Not only that but the weapons you can get from the store are just variations of what you get for free. Your starting gear is incredibly affective and nothing in the store puts people who do not want to play at a disadvantage.

Go look at every review out.

PS: It has glowing reviews so shove your wannabe Halo nonsense up your ass. Your accusations have no merit whatsoever and you should stop commenting. Your worthless ass is not wanted.

Chill out pal. I played the beta and dabbled in the finished game and no its not play to win but you can't deny that money expedites your progress in the game. Its basically pay to save time. Personally I thought Planetside 2 was pretty ordinary. The controls felt clunky, the weapons felt weak and sounded terrible and the vehicles handled like zeppelins. The graphics weren't to shabby but they aren't enough to raise the game to a point where I would want to invest lots of time in to it, let alone money.

I''ll take your gaming rig all the same. :wink: What do you have under the hood?
HelloLadies 53

Postby spamtin » 18 Dec 2012, 12:10

Yawn i did more than 5 minutes of research i played it for 15 minutes, looked good, handled and played like a steaming pile of turd thats why i said each to there own :lol: if it floats your boat go for it.

Much rather play ancient quake3 arena than that or wait until Dice spins battlefield 2142 with frostbyte 2 engine :wink: .
And you call me a moron :mrgreen: haha now i know who this ftp crap is aimed at :twisted: .
spamtin 50

Postby Drusus » 18 Dec 2012, 16:22

spamtin wrote:Much rather play ancient quake3 arena than that .

Well go do that then nobodies stopping you, I was just playing Resident Evil Code Veronica on the Dreamcast, it was awesome, if you didn't like Planetside 2 you could just say it wasn't your cup of tea. It's not bad though, it's a competent shooter whether you dislike it or not.
Drusus 59

Postby gmcb007 » 18 Dec 2012, 20:28

Hahaha!

Free-to-play never had a good reputation to start with!
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it