to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Dark Souls 2 detailed: Vehicles, 'next-gen' visuals and more

Your comments on our articles.

Plus, game director talks accessibility

Dark Souls II details have spilled onto the internet courtesy of the latest issue of Edge.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Dark Souls 2 detailed: Vehicles, 'next-gen' visuals and more

Postby karkify » 17 Dec 2012, 12:07

The covenants in Dark Souls were very poorly explained unless you had the guide, I'm glad they've realised this.
Also, every preview of any recent game has been saying just how good graphics are, Assassin's Creed 3 for example, and in my oppinion the graphics are great but not what the previews made them out to be, so I'll wait and see on that one.
karkify 50

Re: Dark Souls 2 detailed: Vehicles, 'next-gen' visuals and

Postby Samildanach » 17 Dec 2012, 12:17

Don't care what they do provided they keep the combat system and it has the oppressive atmosphere of Demon's and Dark Souls.
PSN- Samildanach

You do not agree with my quest. I understand that, so much as it is possible to understand someone with whom I disagree so completely.
Samildanach 70
Global Moderator

PSN ID: Samildanach

Postby deathcabdan » 17 Dec 2012, 12:52

this game is gonna kick aaaaaaaaass.
deathcabdan 2
New user

Postby Old McGroin » 17 Dec 2012, 13:15

Samildanach wrote:Don't care what they do provided they keep the combat system and it has the oppressive atmosphere of Demon's and Dark Souls.

Yup agreed, but as I tend to lean towards heavy armor/weapon combos I hope they tone down how easy it is to pull off backstabs, I know a lot of people depend on the backstab but I always thought it was pretty cheap and detracted from the impressive combat system. Down with that sort of thing!
Old McGroin 33

Postby wwinterj » 17 Dec 2012, 13:44

I really need to pick up and play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls before this drops. :|
wwinterj 48

Postby gympion » 17 Dec 2012, 16:10

if there's one thing that rings major alarm bells with a sequel its when they start talking about making it more accessible. That said... if there's one game that I genuinely believe would benefit from a bit of dumbing down (or at least explanation of its systems) its dark souls.

I never understood the covenants. I'm pretty sure that they were never explained anywhere in the game. In fact even the humanity system was never properly explained in the game and I had to use a wiki to understand one of the games key mechanics.

Also there are some very simple design decisions that I think would have benefited the game hugely. Dying over and over is fine with me, but dying and then having to wait 30 seconds for a lift to come back to where I've just respawned is just annoying. Why can't the lift just be back at the top waiting for me again?

Anyway looking forward to this one!
gympion 42

Postby Stryker89 » 17 Dec 2012, 18:23

wwinterj wrote:I really need to pick up and play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls before this drops. :|

Well from the sound of things, you'll have plenty of time before the next one arrives.
Stryker89 57

Xbox Live: Olliemar28
PSN ID: Olliemar28

Postby boogiepop » 17 Dec 2012, 21:50

"We want the Skyrim audience".
boogiepop 37

Postby mikachuuu » 18 Dec 2012, 14:28

Samildanach wrote:Don't care what they do provided they keep the combat system and it has the oppressive atmosphere of Demon's and Dark Souls.

Coudnt agree more! :D
My Youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/mikachuuu
PSN ID: mekia553
mikachuuu 24

Postby Ludakriss » 18 Dec 2012, 16:14

Soooo...a possible Skyrim, with better visuals?
Ludakriss 27