to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Forza Horizon DLC: Rally Expansion Pack trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Add-on launching on December 18 for 1600 MS Points

Microsoft has released a new trailer for upcoming Forza Horizon DLC the Rally Expansion Pack.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Forza Horizon DLC: Rally Expansion Pack trailer

Postby CatfishMurphy » 14 Dec 2012, 17:44

Loving Forza Horizon :D . Not loving that 1600 points seems to be the new 1200 points :cry: .
CatfishMurphy 38

Re: Forza Horizon DLC: Rally Expansion Pack trailer

Postby rivariad » 14 Dec 2012, 20:33

i fuckin hate trailers, show me some proper gameplay with a behind camera or some s**t
rivariad 46

Postby beastie » 14 Dec 2012, 21:13

This is why I'll never buy a Forza game, as I know I won't be getting a full game, and to buy the cars or tracks will cost me far more than the original price of the game in the end.
beastie 52

Postby alan666 » 14 Dec 2012, 21:20

I have got the pass thing anyway, the only thing missing it seems is snow/ice courses though :?
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby CatfishMurphy » 14 Dec 2012, 23:33

beastie wrote:This is why I'll never buy a Forza game, as I know I won't be getting a full game, and to buy the cars or tracks will cost me far more than the original price of the game in the end.

This really isn't any different to any other DLC for any other game. It's not like it's on disc content and the car packs are just extras, you don't need them to complete or enjoy the game. Gamers' "principles" can be very masochistic and puritanical sometimes.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 15 Dec 2012, 02:25

I'll stick with WRC 3 thanks, easily the best rally fest of this gen imo

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby beastie » 15 Dec 2012, 05:19

CatfishMurphy wrote:
beastie wrote:This is why I'll never buy a Forza game, as I know I won't be getting a full game, and to buy the cars or tracks will cost me far more than the original price of the game in the end.

This really isn't any different to any other DLC for any other game. It's not like it's on disc content and the car packs are just extras, you don't need them to complete or enjoy the game. Gamers' "principles" can be very masochistic and puritanical sometimes.

While I can see your point, but I still disagree, If you consider cars to just be an extra, then guns are just an extra in an FPS, Activision could start selling guns as DLC for CoD as you don't need them all to complete or enjoy the game.
and whether it was on disc or not doesn't really matter, it is just more of a slap in the face if it is, but it is still content held back to make more money.
I'm not saying I can't understand why they do it.
and it is a principle to buy games that don't do this, and avoid ones that do. as the only thing I can do is vote with my wallet.
But makes me wonder if they would sell more copies in the first place if the cars were all free. Why not have all DLC free for people who buy the game new, and if you buy it second hand you pay?
beastie 52

Postby Agent75 » 15 Dec 2012, 10:13

I've only played the demo, but from a very reliable source, it hasn't sold too well, so I'll be waiting for the classic price drop. Think it's currently at £28ish, but when you consider this DLC pack is £13+, that's a big p**s take. There was a complete edition of Forza 3, but not for Forza 4, maybe they'll be one for Horizon. Next gen ames may start tipping £60 which was the case with Nintendo 64 games, but games today can cost more than £60 with the DLC. It's just a sad way of publishers to make more money.
Agent75 48

Postby jacques cracker » 16 Dec 2012, 01:17

They should have concentrated on DLC and add-ons for Forza 4 instead of this game, there's been no DLC for quite a few months now so they have lost whatever I would have spent on it, not interested in this off-shoot game
jacques cracker 2
New user

Postby superfruit » 17 Dec 2012, 10:22

LOL at 'authentic' rally experience. This is the gaming quivalent of taking your mum's Fiesta and doing handbrake turns in the local nature reserve car park in comparision to Richard Burns Rally.

I really don't see why they couldn't have just had a 'real world' expansion pack for Forza 4 and included some proper road courses and kept the cars and physics.
superfruit 48