Hitman HD Trilogy is official, releasing in January

Your comments on our articles.

Features Hitman 2, Hitman: Contracts and Hitman: Blood Money

Square Enix has officially announced the long-rumoured Hitman HD Trilogy.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby Co2-UK » 13 Dec 2012, 14:10

Have known about this long before any official announcement but it's nice to see it very much confirmed now. This is going to be awesome, even more so than Absolution itself.
Co2-UK 10
New user

PSN ID: Co2-UK
Steam: Co2-UK

Postby wwinterj » 13 Dec 2012, 14:15

"you'll want to play Absolution through more than once"

Yeah. No. I don't. Quite bland although some good levels most of them were very liner. The only way I'll play through them more than once is with contracts mode. This HD collection sounds much better. Even with owning Silent Assassin and Blood Money for the PS2 (I thought contracts sucked) I'll pick up this collection. Blood Money is the best Hitman game to date so anything else is just a bonus.
wwinterj 51

Xbox Live: wwinterj
PSN ID: wwinterj

Re: Hitman HD Trilogy is official, releasing in January

Postby slick loose » 13 Dec 2012, 14:19

Shame the original Hitman isn't part of the collection, sure it won't be good as it's sequels but I missed it when it came out so it would of been a great excuse to get this.

I doubt I will be buy this when I have played and completed all 3 of the games on there.
slick loose 68

PSN ID: slickloose

Postby gufguf » 13 Dec 2012, 14:28

Okay what is it with these "compilations" many of them dont even include the very first game that started it all to begin with...... :roll:
gufguf 4

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 13 Dec 2012, 14:55

slick loose wrote:Shame the original Hitman isn't part of the collection, sure it won't be good as it's sequels but I missed it when it came out so it would of been a great excuse to get this.

I doubt I will be buy this when I have played and completed all 3 of the games on there.

Contracts was pretty much a remake of the original Hitman. Probably not in the collection because it was never released on consoles so they'd have to of done a lot more work porting it.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby ElWaster » 13 Dec 2012, 15:00

Hitman 1 won't be on there because Hitman Contracts features recreations of four levels from it.
ElWaster 46

Postby middle finger » 13 Dec 2012, 15:01

Never played Contracts, good news. I'll punish that panties sniffer in hd now (Blood Money).
middle finger 68

Postby gmcb007 » 13 Dec 2012, 15:06

Contracts contains all the Hong Kong, Rotterdam missions and the iconic hotel mission. I think the only levels not featured from the first game is the South American ones.

I actually bought Contracts there a while back and it hasn't aged too badly. I'm absolutely overjoyed that SA is coming back. It's one of those games that I have great memories with. Just hearing the music and the SFX will bring back my youth!
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it

Postby budge » 13 Dec 2012, 15:17

Defo picking this up but at a later date. I'll be questing with a li'l Welsh teddy in February. :)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 67

Postby kovin » 13 Dec 2012, 15:37

i like the minimalist art that they do for Hitman games, but that drawing of 47 looks a bit dodgy
kovin 61

PSN ID: GregorKovin

Postby Solm » 13 Dec 2012, 15:46

I will pick this up having never played any of these the first time around. Playing Hitman Absolution and loving it so can't wait to try out these in January.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 54

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby The Bossman » 13 Dec 2012, 19:34

ABSOLUTE MUST BUY. Hitman 2 is my favourite PS2 game ever, and to do it all again in HD and with trophies too is a no brainer. The Japan levels will be a challenge yet again though. 'Yamete! Yamete!' Oh f**k off.
The Bossman 47

PSN ID: the_bossman222

Postby yodalicious » 13 Dec 2012, 20:12

Think it was obvious this was coming but why we had to wait so long for a confirmation is beyond me. Anyway, defo will be picking up as never got to play Blood Money. As I have yet to get Absolution, is it worth me revisiting these in order before playing and is Absolution any good, as have heard different takes on the game?
yodalicious 48

PSN ID: Yodalicious

Postby HelloLadies » 14 Dec 2012, 11:29

yodalicious wrote:Think it was obvious this was coming but why we had to wait so long for a confirmation is beyond me. Anyway, defo will be picking up as never got to play Blood Money. As I have yet to get Absolution, is it worth me revisiting these in order before playing and is Absolution any good, as have heard different takes on the game?

Do yourself a favour and give the HD collection a go, at the very least try Blood Money before playing Absolution. The stories aren't really related to Absolution but the game play is a lot more open in the previous games. You may enjoy Absolution I know a few people did, I personally didn't think much of it but id be flogging a dead horse going further into it.
HelloLadies 53