Japanese chart: Yakuza 5 outsells Wii U launch games

Your comments on our articles.

While Nintendo's new console leads weekly hardware sales

Yakuza 5 debuted at No.1 on the Japanese software chart during the week ended December 9.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Japanese chart: Yakuza 5 outsells Wii U launch games

Postby a_adji » 12 Dec 2012, 16:11

CVG, I get the sense you troll your own stories which is sad.

Did the game outsell the Wii U games because there are more PS3/360's out in the wild which would make sense or did other hardware outsell the Wii U because they are cheaper and have more software out there?

I find site like yours that likes to sensationalise things like this as bad for the entire industry and that is a sad fact.

The system is not even doing bad and sold 7000 less than the Wii, which had more hype behind it at the time.
You need to be different from other sites and try to be responsible and not drag things down with proper gander and bad journalism.

I shall get back to gaming on my systems now.
a_adji 48

Re: Japanese chart: Yakuza 5 outsells Wii U launch games

Postby a_adji » 12 Dec 2012, 16:12

ps when you did the hardware report why did you not mention it out sold the ps3, psv, 360 etc? Once again sensationalism.
a_adji 48

Postby Queen Skillage » 12 Dec 2012, 16:17

I'd just like Yakuza 5 out over here sooner than later. The year it usually takes is too long with Sega being in trouble. So don't go making me learn Japanese Sega, I still struggle with English and whatever the f**k it is rbt speaks!
Queen Skillage 64
Global Moderator

Postby RoOhDiNi » 12 Dec 2012, 16:23

Sega does what Nintendon't?
RoOhDiNi 47

Postby B_G_G » 12 Dec 2012, 16:25

Can you please stop trying to paint a picture that the Wii U is failing?

Honestly, how is it a headline that a console with 7 million users has sold more of a title than a console with 300,000 users.

I'd expect this ignorant crap from The Sun, not from a gaming website that should know better.
B_G_G 51

Postby stealth » 12 Dec 2012, 16:45

a_adji wrote:CVG, I get the sense you troll your own stories which is sad.

Did the game outsell the Wii U games because there are more PS3/360's out in the wild which would make sense or did other hardware outsell the Wii U because they are cheaper and have more software out there?

I find site like yours that likes to sensationalise things like this as bad for the entire industry and that is a sad fact.

The system is not even doing bad and sold 7000 less than the Wii, which had more hype behind it at the time.
You need to be different from other sites and try to be responsible and not drag things down with proper gander and bad journalism.

I shall get back to gaming on my systems now.

This is rob........what were you expecting, unbias non nintendo hate from him?

Dont count on it
stealth 47

Postby Agent75 » 12 Dec 2012, 16:57

It's the same old with them Yakuza games. SEGA should of used the Yakuza engine to knock out Shenmue 3, as they're similar, so all this talk about Shenmue 3 would cost too much to develop is a load of wallop. But SEGA knocks out so much trash these days, I think their last top game was Virtua Fighter 5 on the Xbox 360 (it's not as good on the PS3), but they had the bright idea of releasing an update that was download only. In all fairness, can't say I've played every recent SEGA game, so there might be something in there that's decent. SEGA died with the Dreamcast.
Agent75 49

Postby stealth » 12 Dec 2012, 17:00

Agent75 wrote:It's the same old with them Yakuza games. SEGA should of used the Yakuza engine to knock out Shenmue 3, as they're similar, so all this talk about Shenmue 3 would cost too much to develop is a load of wallop. But SEGA knocks out so much trash these days, I think their last top game was Virtua Fighter 5 on the Xbox 360 (it's not as good on the PS3), but they had the bright idea of releasing an update that was download only. In all fairness, can't say I've played every recent SEGA game, so there might be something in there that's decent. SEGA died with the Dreamcast.

no, just no.

Yakuza 5 is brilliant, Shenmue never was
stealth 47

Postby RoOhDiNi » 12 Dec 2012, 17:03

@Agent75

You should try Sonic Racing Transformed. Awesome game.
RoOhDiNi 47

Postby brownboy90 » 12 Dec 2012, 17:06

Mmmm so a console that has been around aaaages has a game that outsells games on a brand new console. The Wii U has sold just over 308,000 so it makes it impossible to outsell Yakuza anyway. Even if the Console had sold 400,000 units. There has never been a console that has has every person that bought it, then buy the same game for it. You lot are scrapping around for news man!
brownboy90 24

Postby petewasbristol » 12 Dec 2012, 17:16

Can't wait to lose myself in the Yakuza world again. Great characters, great environments and some bloody weird things that take place in this world. Love it.
petewasbristol 15

Postby billysastard » 12 Dec 2012, 17:17

i'm sure nintendo must be crying when their hardware accounts for over 88% of the total japanese market last week but i guess that spin and bias make for more pageviews.

oh and congratulation to the 3ds for overtaking the ps3 lifetime sales last week.

billysastard 63

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby MrPirtniw » 12 Dec 2012, 17:25

stealth wrote: no, just no.

Yakuza 5 is brilliant, Shenmue never was

Congratulations! You've just won the award for the most wrong sentence in CVG history! :D
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0
PSN ID: MrPirtniw

Postby stealth » 12 Dec 2012, 17:29

billysastard wrote:i'm sure nintendo must be crying when their hardware accounts for over 88% of the total japanese market last week but i guess that spin and bias make for more pageviews.

oh and congratulation to the 3ds for overtaking the ps3 lifetime sales last week.

I doubt nintendo goes to tabloidish sites like this or even pays any attention
stealth 47

Postby TheLastDodo » 12 Dec 2012, 17:39

That's shocking really.

A new Mario game for a new Nintendo console couldn't outsell Yakuzu 5??? NSMB on Wii sold nearly a million in it's first week in Japan and has well over 25m sales to date.

Make all the excuses you want, that ain't a good sign, at this juncture of course.
TheLastDodo 77

Next