to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2: Nuketown Zombies hits Xbox 360 season pass hold

Your comments on our articles.

Update also addresses Probation and security-related issues

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2's Nuketown Zombies map will be made available to Xbox 360 DLC season pass holders today, Activision has confirmed.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Black Ops 2: Nuketown Zombies hits Xbox 360 season pass hold

Postby JPTiger » 12 Dec 2012, 14:04

What about availability for people who don't have the money for a season pass?
JPTiger 41

Re: Black Ops 2: Nuketown Zombies hits Xbox 360 season pass

Postby bamozzy » 12 Dec 2012, 15:09

Love this map and it is probably the closest map to the original Zombies mode on W@W - just updated graphically as well as the perks and pack-a-punch too...

...just wish the other Zombie maps were more like this or the maps on Black Ops Zombies!!!
As Confucius said 'Man who keeps hands in pockets feels Cocky all day'... ;-)

bamozzy 65

Xbox Live: bamozzy
PSN ID: TaimeDowne

Postby Gooner Rhyle » 12 Dec 2012, 15:34

I understand peoples frustration with NT Zombies only being available for those with one of the LEs or a season pass, but expecting it to be made available to you is ridiculous. "It's just not fair" is the rant of a child...if I can't afford the leather interior on my car guess what? I don't get comfortable leather seats for my car. If I can't afford to eat at a fancy restaurant, I'll cook for myself at home. Only in this industry is it considered "unfair" when products are made available only to those who can afford it...it may be time for some of you to grow up...
Gooner Rhyle 40

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 12 Dec 2012, 17:09

What Gooner said.

In other news the probation thing is fine unless of course you backed out because half your f**king team just disappeared and some arseholes are currently camping my spawn on Hijacked armed to the teeth with shotguns! ......... other than that it is fine.

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby JPTiger » 12 Dec 2012, 17:56

Gooner Rhyle wrote:I understand peoples frustration with NT Zombies only being available for those with one of the LEs or a season pass, but expecting it to be made available to you is ridiculous. "It's just not fair" is the rant of a child...if I can't afford the leather interior on my car guess what? I don't get comfortable leather seats for my car. If I can't afford to eat at a fancy restaurant, I'll cook for myself at home. Only in this industry is it considered "unfair" when products are made available only to those who can afford it...it may be time for some of you to grow up...

Does the fact that I'm at uni, without a job, living just under average, while having to buy christmas presents and pay for transport overseas to where I live have any input into it? I was going to get the season pass after christmas. You don't need to be so damn harsh about it.

And do you remember the days when games were released with ALL content on the disc, not some DLC crap just to make money?
JPTiger 41

Postby ilovenewtech » 12 Dec 2012, 19:29

Hi my super awesome fellow forum posters what a cold but cracking day. I have to say I have never purchased a season pass before as its not really my thing but I did for BLOPS 2 and having played Nuketown Zombies today I am so glad I did, what a awesome map.

Go team Treyarch, COD BLOPS 2, Nuketown Zombies yeah!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
ilovenewtech 55

Postby Imaduck » 13 Dec 2012, 05:55

Why do game makers keep insisting on making MP maps DLC ? Divides the community so badly :shock: . When I started online gaming (when I was a young warthog and all that s**t), CE and Cs blah blah, we were all equals online. Not as bad as BF3 DLC system though.
Imaduck 58

Postby bamozzy » 13 Dec 2012, 13:20

Imaduck wrote:Why do game makers keep insisting on making MP maps DLC ? Divides the community so badly :shock: . When I started online gaming (when I was a young warthog and all that s**t), CE and Cs blah blah, we were all equals online. Not as bad as BF3 DLC system though.

Maybe because it is an easy way to continue to get some additional money from the game! However it isn't that dissimilar from some games that had hidden locked maps that could only be accessed by completing the game at a certain level/time? Also the advantage to the new online MP gaming is the continued support of the developer. If and when they are bothered, they are tweaking the settings and ironing out bugs which were common in the older games. It is not as if they are adding anything 'extra' to overall gameplay that those that don't buy the DLC can't play. Admittedly BF3's DLC did add extra Weapons, Gameplay modes, Vehicles etc etc.... SOme of which can be used in the standard disc based content (although I don't actually think ANY of the Weapons are actually 'better' than any of the disc based weapons although they do have some great 'niche' weapons)

Overall there are 'Pro's and Con's' to DLC and MP content although I can't say that my enjoyment has been greatly affected by playing MP games in which I don't have the DLC but more often than not my enjoyment has been enhanced by having that extra content in games that I really enjoy playing.

The biggest downside as far as I am concerned to playing MP games is the lack of players and available lobbies as the majority don't have the maps/modes etc.

I will just add that I have now bought the Season Pass for Black Ops 2 and looking forward to playing the new maps and hope they look equally as great - Could do with a few tweaks in layout though :twisted:

bamozzy 65

Postby Imaduck » 13 Dec 2012, 19:13

It absolutely makes money but it also divides the community which my in time lose them money, as people will get sick of being outdone by other players who have more money offline.
Imaduck 58

Postby bamozzy » 14 Dec 2012, 12:03

Imaduck wrote:It absolutely makes money but it also divides the community which my in time lose them money, as people will get sick of being outdone by other players who have more money offline.

As far as I see it, having a few extra maps does not make players better at online games or gives them an advantage. They may however have more game time or practice/knowledge of the game and therefore an advantage. I buy map packs for the added variety they offer and the amount of game hours they will inevitably get. I don't buy them to get an advantage over those who do not buy them.

bamozzy 65