to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

'I feel very sorry for FIFA players on the 'other' consoles'

Your comments on our articles.

CTRL+C, CTRL+V

On this week's mailbox we've got Phil Eaton, who e-mailed in to say some FIFA and PES players are unfairly getting short shrift because of the platform of choice.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

'I feel very sorry for FIFA players on the 'other' consoles'

Postby alan666 » 08 Dec 2012, 15:03

In GamesMaster they tell the reader what format they have reviewed the game on, sometimes they review other formats & put a little box in the review saying what the differences are.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Re: 'I feel very sorry for FIFA players on the 'other' conso

Postby shaneygamey » 08 Dec 2012, 15:30

Trouble is, the people will continue to buy these copy/paste games in droves whether or not they have read the review.
Just look at CoD. Everyone moans about aspects of the game and say how much they hate it and Activision but are still there queing up for the midnight release and on to the forums the following day, moaning about all the same things they moaned about with the last game.

Companies "recycle" games because they can and nobody will actually boycott them in numbers.
shaneygamey 1
New user

Postby TheVitaLounge » 08 Dec 2012, 15:49

Why not set up a Future version of Metacritic? Between all of the publications surely you can get every version of games reviewed and listed.
Click to visit the fastest growing Vita news and reviews site! Help us grow, and make suggestions!
TheVitaLounge 5
New user

Postby Drusus » 08 Dec 2012, 18:09

Well, I remember CVG mentioning exactly that. If someone isn't able to search the name and platform of a game on google to find reviews for that specific game then games mags and sites listing them would also not help.

A game site can't review every single version of every single game it'd just result in shoddy thrown together reviews and popularity contests (or metacritic as it's known). If it got released though, there's a game site that reviewed it, again a quick internet search and five minutes of reading will let you know all you need to know about the game you want.

Find sites that you trust and you'll get burned far less often but every gamer gets burned with shoddy products even the best of us get sucked in once and a while, that's advertising and gaming. Want to beat the system? Wait a week after every game is released so you can see real footage online and decide yourself..........but who the hell is going to wait!
Drusus 58

Postby beemoh » 08 Dec 2012, 19:10

>If we reviewed every version of FIFA individually we might as well start calling the mag FifaMaster and get Greg to do all the work.

Wait, so what was the situation when FIFA was reviewed by the single-format mags? Were some done using the 'wrong' format?
RIP Nintendo Gamer, we hardly knew ye. #OccupyFuturesExecTeam
beemoh 59

Postby Multiplayerking » 08 Dec 2012, 19:27

I don't need nobody feelin' sorry for me!
Hey
Multiplayerking 69

PSN ID: gta-hellraiser61

Postby drunkadin » 09 Dec 2012, 07:13

zbkfdsaufdi wrote:ONLINE STORE—“ famalegoods.com

Christan Audigier bikini $23

You can correctly spell "Audigier", but fail on "female". oh, zbkfdsaufdi, will you ever learn?
drunkadin 38

Postby CatfishMurphy » 09 Dec 2012, 11:35

I feel very sorry for anyone who picked up FIFA 13 at all: half the single player modes were completely broken; the much vaunted Ultimate Team didn't awards points properly, if at all sometimes; and if you want to play online multi-player then I hope you've given EA at least 48 hours notice so they have time to actually turn their two servers on.
CatfishMurphy 38

Postby corky20 » 14 Dec 2012, 20:36

You should try playing it on the PC... so many problems and the customer support on Origin is non-existent. Not to mention the online matchmaking is dead compared to the PS3 or Xbox 360.
corky20 26