to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

PS3 Skyrim Dragonborn puts earlier DLC on hold

Your comments on our articles.

Once it's done, Bethesda will return to work on Hearthfire and Dawnguard

Bethesda is focused on bringing Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's latest DLC expansion, Dragonborn, to PS3 early next year, the studio has said.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

PS3 Skyrim Dragonborn puts earlier DLC on hold

Postby Moribundman » 06 Dec 2012, 11:49

Just hypothesizing but I am guessing its easier to do this add-on on PS3 because its a separate map with its own set of items, locations, characters etc to keep track of rather than dropping extra dungeons and castles into the existing world map. However, you can freely travel between the two zones taking those objects and ongoing quests with you so I imagine all the same sort of things need to be tracked that would need to be tracked for Dawnguard... If they can do Dragonborn why couldn't they do Dawnguard? Is it something to do with the vampire systems?!
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Re: PS3 Skyrim Dragonborn puts earlier DLC on hold

Postby TheLastDodo » 06 Dec 2012, 15:41

From what I've read, they're working on this now because it's thought of by Bethesda and quite a few reviews as the best Skyrim DLC so far, it certainly looks better than the previous two.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby stealth » 06 Dec 2012, 15:44

who wants to bet it will never happen?
stealth 47

Postby Roland_Rudness » 15 Dec 2012, 01:48

If they release DLC for the PS3 i'll chew off my left nut need i remind everyone of Oblivion? I dont remember any dlc for Oblivion on the PS3 Xbox & PC had them but not PS3
Roland_Rudness 2
New user