to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2 'grosses $1bn in 15 days'

Your comments on our articles.

New figures flaunted as some within the industry debate if franchise has plateaued

Activision has published new data which suggests that Black Ops 2 is more in line with the success of previous Call of Duty games than it first appeared.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby silversun_111 » 05 Dec 2012, 15:06

Picked up Black Ops 2, its okay, it just seems further dumbed down for the core players regardless of modes you play and a its a long way off the glory days of World at War and CoD4 for me. I only play with friends, don't bother on my own as I find doing objectives with a team of campers infuriating. And why do I always have to play with French people?

Hopefully GTAV urinate on these figures! :D
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.
silversun_111 55

Xbox Live: silversun111
PSN ID: silversun111

Postby budge » 05 Dec 2012, 15:10

How about using that coin to invest in some new IP's then, Activision?
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby ilovenewtech » 05 Dec 2012, 15:25

Hi My super awesome fellow forum posters Christmas is nearly upon us so ho ho ho.

I'm glad this has done the business sales wise as Treyarch really have tried to push the series further. More varried and open environments, a new future setting, the sound is just awesome, zombies has been expanded into practically it's own game, best multiplayer since MW1 and improved graphics all round and a great story.

I have purchased my first ever season pass just for this game, it truly is an evolution of the series. And to be honest I really was not convinced by the future setting before I purchased the game but once I played it all my concerns disappeared.

Go team Treyarch COD BLOPS 2 yeah!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
Lets all be super, super happy awesome to each other. Go team super, super happy awesome yeah!!!!
ilovenewtech 55

Re: Black Ops 2 'grosses $1bn in 15 days'

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Dec 2012, 15:30

budge wrote:How about using that coin to invest in some new IP's then, Activision?

Now you just being daft.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 05 Dec 2012, 15:39

budge wrote:How about using that coin to invest in some new IP's then, Activision?

Man that is crazy talk!!

Glad though Treyarch are gettign the numbers, often the whipping boys I personally think their CODs have offered more authenticity and less pizazz and in the case of Blops2 a truly playable MP (unlike MW3 which was too convoluted)

Just get it back to some proper conflicts and I'll be happy, hunter-killer drones indeed :evil:

KK-Headcharge78 63

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881
Steam: slypuss7881

Postby billysastard » 05 Dec 2012, 16:12

could be interesting next year to see how mw4 shapes up as its back to infinity ward (or what remains) for the 360 and ps3 versions with treyarch handling the wii u version.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby billysastard » 05 Dec 2012, 16:14

KK-Headcharge78 wrote:Glad though Treyarch are gettign the numbers, often the whipping boys I personally think their CODs have offered more authenticity and less pizazz and in the case of Blops2 a truly playable MP (unlike MW3 which was too convoluted)

Just get it back to some proper conflicts and I'll be happy, hunter-killer drones indeed :evil:

i must agree with you, recently (well, since cod4) it has been treyarch that has been the better dev starting with W@W

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby ted1138 » 05 Dec 2012, 16:22

ilovenewtech wrote:Hi My super awesome fellow forum posters Christmas is nearly upon us so ho ho ho.

I'm glad this has done the business sales wise as Treyarch really have tried to push the series further. More varried and open environments, a new future setting, the sound is just awesome, zombies has been expanded into practically it's own game, best multiplayer since MW1 and improved graphics all round and a great story.

I have purchased my first ever season pass just for this game, it truly is an evolution of the series. And to be honest I really was not convinced by the future setting before I purchased the game but once I played it all my concerns disappeared.

Go team Treyarch COD BLOPS 2 yeah!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Completely agree with you, CoD just keeps getting better each year... :D
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Dec 2012, 16:26

Decent games but no way worth those sales figures :|
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby Dalaeck » 05 Dec 2012, 16:31

There are a lot of fools with money out there. A LOT. I really need to figure out a way to make them part with their money.
Dalaeck 42

Postby ensabahnur » 05 Dec 2012, 16:36

But new IP's don't come with a sequel and franchise guarantee. How can they be expected to back something new if it doesn't come with the promise of countless yearly sequels and an army of morons who will queue up overnight just to be the first people to buy it, even though if you ordered it online you'd have probably received it the day before for less than you'd pay in store?
Last edited by ensabahnur on 05 Dec 2012, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby ensabahnur » 05 Dec 2012, 16:38

Dalaeck wrote:There are a lot of fools with money out there. A LOT. I really need to figure out a way to make them part with their money.
Its easy, just make something with 3 simple letters printed on it.

C.O.D!!
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby Bambis Dad » 05 Dec 2012, 16:43

Large Cod, large chips and two pots of mushy peas and you make a billion? I knew there were long queues on a friday but that is ridiculous.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Imaduck » 05 Dec 2012, 16:51

They'll keep making them as long as people keep buying. They'll take minimum risks and maximise profit because they can. Makes sense in a depressing kind of way. Their success is only a reflection of the state of the gaming community.
Imaduck 58

Postby a_adji » 05 Dec 2012, 16:59

Now say consoles are dying and go and sell cod on a mobile device then tell me it earns the same. Stupid talk. :roll:
a_adji 47

Next