to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Metal Gear Rising PS3 headed to Japan

Your comments on our articles.

Unique hardware confirmed for Raiden's next starring role

Sony and Konami will release a special Metal Gear Rising Revengeance PS3 in February.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Metal Gear Rising PS3 headed to Japan

Postby shev » 04 Dec 2012, 23:38

When will they realize that there's demand for special edition consoles outside of Japan? :cry:
shev 46

Re: Metal Gear Rising PS3 headed to Japan

Postby karkify » 05 Dec 2012, 03:56

That is one ugly machine, but the controller is nice.
karkify 50

Postby Zellpunch » 05 Dec 2012, 11:18

I was not impressed with this demo. Is it just me or do you outgrow Kojima games? The ZOE HD Collection was just painful and I LOVED them when they came out on ps2. Have I become that person who just sees crap everywhere? I mean I like far cry and Halo and DMC I should love rising but my god I couldn't even finish the demo.
Zellpunch 43

Postby Stan_Goodspeed » 05 Dec 2012, 14:57

Zellpunch wrote:I was not impressed with this demo. Is it just me or do you outgrow Kojima games? The ZOE HD Collection was just painful and I LOVED them when they came out on ps2. Have I become that person who just sees crap everywhere? I mean I like far cry and Halo and DMC I should love rising but my god I couldn't even finish the demo.

Depends of the game. MGS2 and 4 in hindsight were a bit of a letdown, playing the HD collection just emphasized how much better Snake Eater aged compared to Sons of Liberty, both story- and gameplay-wise. ZOE goes even further into weird territory but that's part of the heavy anime influences so I found it less disturbing. And if you can get past the repetitive nature of the first ZOE, the second one still kicks major ass even 10 years after IMHO.
Stan_Goodspeed 61

Xbox Live: Boffitchev
PSN ID: Spencer_Trilby