to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Epic Games president Mike Capps resigns

Your comments on our articles.

Key exec to remain on board in advisory capacity; Epic Games departure list growing

Mike Capps has resigned from his role as president of Epic Games just weeks after it was announced that the North Carolina corporation had lost its design director Cliff Bleszinski.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Epic Games president Mike Capps resigns

Postby Beebop10 » 04 Dec 2012, 23:07

Jeez , after Cliff , then Rod :? ? Love Epic games from Unreal Tournament days.
Beebop10 41

Re: Epic Games president Mike Capps resigns

Postby sibear » 04 Dec 2012, 23:39

This looks increasingly like certain people there are sick of making Gears games and I don't blame them. It's not a particularly rich universe and Judgement (or whatever it's called) looks stale already. Gears 3 was very boring and I hardly saw anyone on my friends list play it for more than a couple of weeks if at all. I hope Epic can bring something new to the table early next gen though it would seem that the new consoles will be out a year at least before they could have anything ready.
sibear 47

Postby BenThomasFoster » 05 Dec 2012, 00:01

Gaben needs help with ricochet 2 pop him an email and you'll be working at thee best studio in the world, if you are going into education obviously money doesn't matter to you and valve would be a swell place
- I troll without realising it
- Don't listen to a word I say
BenThomasFoster 49

Postby flyfletch » 05 Dec 2012, 07:58

sibear wrote:This looks increasingly like certain people there are sick of making Gears games and I don't blame them. It's not a particularly rich universe and Judgement (or whatever it's called) looks stale already. Gears 3 was very boring and I hardly saw anyone on my friends list play it for more than a couple of weeks if at all. I hope Epic can bring something new to the table early next gen though it would seem that the new consoles will be out a year at least before they could have anything ready.

To be fair, the other people commenting were a bit hard on you, but i can see why, that was a silly thing to say. I know LOTS of people who play gears 3 religiously and how can you say a game not released looks stale? I could say that of most games these days. I think what you missed of this comment is that its only your opinion.
flyfletch 70

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Dec 2012, 09:36

Just want to apologise to BenThomasFoster and sibear on the behalf of that gears414 chap on account of him acting like, to borrow one of his more tame choice of insults, a massive tit.

Issue has been dealt with.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 05 Dec 2012, 10:37

Large numbers of the company's directors leaving. I can smell a buy out. Me thinks Epic may be becoming part of Microsoft Game Studios proper.

Just a hunch though.
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby FishyGinger » 05 Dec 2012, 10:57

TheLastDodo wrote:Just want to apologise to BenThomasFoster and sibear on the behalf of that gears414 chap on account of him acting like, to borrow one of his more tame choice of insults, a massive tit.

Issue has been dealt with.

Don't apologise for others actions, that route leads down a slippery slope. First you'll blame yourself, then you'll get angry and hate yourself. Then comes the time when you can't cope and have to drink toilet duck just to get through the days. Soon you'll realise toilet duck just isn't strong enough to get rid of the pain so you move onto something stronger, mashing down and snorting calgon tablets, including the powerball for extra cleaning action.

It's a swipperwy swope awwight.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 69

Postby TheLastDodo » 05 Dec 2012, 11:19

Nah, if I start feeling bad I'll just go on a therapeutic banning spree :P
TheLastDodo 77

Postby StonecoldMC » 05 Dec 2012, 11:37

sibear wrote:This looks increasingly like certain people there are sick of making Gears games and I don't blame them. It's not a particularly rich universe and Judgement (or whatever it's called) looks stale already. Gears 3 was very boring and I hardly saw anyone on my friends list play it for more than a couple of weeks if at all. I hope Epic can bring something new to the table early next gen though it would seem that the new consoles will be out a year at least before they could have anything ready.

Epic are independent though?
"Nintendo want to make money by supplying fun, Sony want to make money by supplying Art, MS want to make money."

INTERNET, APRIL 2014
StonecoldMC 80
Global Moderator

Postby gobbybobby » 05 Dec 2012, 11:44

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:Large numbers of the company's directors leaving. I can smell a buy out. Me thinks Epic may be becoming part of Microsoft Game Studios proper.

Just a hunch though.

I sure hope not

Epic must make a fair bit of cash with all the Unreal licensing.
gobbybobby 45

Xbox Live: gobbybobby
PSN ID: gobbybobby
Steam: gobbybobby
Battle.net: gobbybobby
xFire: gobbybobby

Postby adgr19 » 05 Dec 2012, 20:50

WHERESMYMONKEY wrote:Large numbers of the company's directors leaving. I can smell a buy out. Me thinks Epic may be becoming part of Microsoft Game Studios proper.

Just a hunch though.

I think you might be right. That's Mike Capps, Cliff Blezinski, Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk and Peter Molyneux recently. I have a horrible feeling they may have all left because they don't like the direction of next-gen game consoles and it'd be a perfect time for them to move on.
adgr19 52

Postby BeansOnToast » 05 Dec 2012, 21:56

adgr19 wrote:That's Mike Capps, Cliff Blezinski, Ray Muzyka, Greg Zeschuk and Peter Molyneux recently. I have a horrible feeling they may have all left because they don't like the direction of next-gen game consoles and it'd be a perfect time for them to move on.

Perhaps they're going to form a sort of supergroup games company; the Foo Fighters of games.
BeansOnToast 29