US: Sony reports 525k PS3 sales on Black Friday week

Your comments on our articles.

160k Vita units sold, Jack Tretton "very pleased"

Sony has reported "more than" 525,000 PS3 sales and 160,000 thousand Vita sales for the week of Black Friday in US.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

US: Sony reports 525k PS3 sales on Black Friday week

Postby olibigbird » 29 Nov 2012, 22:19

Although its not as many sales as xbox, its still pretty good especially the play station plus sales. strange that the sales have increased seeing as its near the end of its life cycle.
olibigbird 35

Re: US: Sony reports 525k PS3 sales on Black Friday week

Postby flyfletch » 29 Nov 2012, 22:25

Well done Sony, seems everyone was a winner on Black Friday! :)
flyfletch 72

Postby Sonic_Freak » 29 Nov 2012, 22:28

olibigbird wrote:Although its not as many sales as xbox, its still pretty good especially the play station plus sales. strange that the sales have increased seeing as its near the end of its life cycle.

It's not at the end of its life cycle. Sony have always said they intend for the PS3 to have a 10 year life cycle. The PS2 is still alive after 12 years and games are still being released for it.
Sonic_Freak 52

Postby olibigbird » 29 Nov 2012, 22:36

Sonic_Freak wrote:
olibigbird wrote:Although its not as many sales as xbox, its still pretty good especially the play station plus sales. strange that the sales have increased seeing as its near the end of its life cycle.

It's not at the end of its life cycle. Sony have always said they intend for the PS3 to have a 10 year life cycle. The PS2 is still alive after 12 years and games are still being released for it.

there are alot of rumors going around about the ps4, and it is highly likely it will be announced next year. which is what i meant when i said the end of its life cycle. its just surprising that a console that has been out for 6 years is still selling more every year.
olibigbird 35

Postby FixBeatGames » 29 Nov 2012, 23:27

Sonic_Freak wrote:

this, for god sake everyone, stop listening to terrible reporting and "news" stories on sites like this about the next gen being round the corner. it isn't. how many times do sony/microsoft have to say it? :lol:

there's clear release schedules for at LEAST the next 18 months on both consoles, and with CLEAR increasing sales of hardware, and some of this gen's best games still to come, still over a year away in some cases, i fail to see how much more evidence you need.

if wii u wasn't a gamecube with extra ram, it might've forced the other 2 into the next gen early (which would've been a mistake), but it isn't.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby Bambis Dad » 29 Nov 2012, 23:35

Microsoft felt the need to rush the release of the 360 when threatened by the prospect of two game cubes sellotaped together, as I often heard the Wii described. Guess what? MS trebled their hardware sales by rushing out a faulty product. More idiots want to justify their insecurities by denying they like men? ;)
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby Drusus » 30 Nov 2012, 00:19

Good sales numbers, Sony need to be shown a little respect for the way they've turned things around this gen from a poor start, the 10 year lifespan isn't seeming so silly now.

Just give me The Last of Us!
Drusus 59

Postby S-Smith » 30 Nov 2012, 01:10

i guess not all americans are SONY haters then lol nice 1 SONY. it could have been more if they sold the 12GB ps3 in the USA to. what a big missed opportunity that was.
S-Smith 41

Postby Agent75 » 30 Nov 2012, 01:18

Didn't Microsoft clock up 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles? I bet they're glad they don't have a handheld console to deal with. But when games and consoles are discounted, they sell, so it's no big deal. The Wii U will make sure that Xbox 360, PS3 and Vita sales take a dive. The 3DS outsells the Vita by 46-1. Sony should be knocking out a 250 gig PS3 for £149 by now. Vita needs to be £149 with cheaper games. Sony will bang on with their little consoles, whilst the Wii U will just sell like the Wii, the Xbox 720 will be a good second.
Agent75 49

Postby stealth » 30 Nov 2012, 03:43

The winner of black friday ( again) was nintendo with over 1.2 million units sold.

Id honestly say second place was sony, even though microsoft sold more units. Sony was able to make the vita live. That bumps them to second
stealth 47

Postby Fr33Kye » 30 Nov 2012, 04:12

Agent75 wrote:Didn't Microsoft clock up 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles? I bet they're glad they don't have a handheld console to deal with. But when games and consoles are discounted, they sell, so it's no big deal. The Wii U will make sure that Xbox 360, PS3 and Vita sales take a dive. The 3DS outsells the Vita by 46-1. Sony should be knocking out a 250 gig PS3 for £149 by now. Vita needs to be £149 with cheaper games. Sony will bang on with their little consoles, whilst the Wii U will just sell like the Wii, the Xbox 720 will be a good second.

You have yet to shut the f**k up about this price point. How did you come to that price? How many consoles will they have to sell for them to turn a profit? How do you prevent it from being seen as just a cheap piece of crap nobody wants? How does it being cheap fix all it's other immediate problems with it's approach to the mass market? Where will sony get the capital to sustain themselves through massive price cuts of both their consoles? Why does the vita need cheaper games? to compete with all the 3ds cheap games? Sony will bang on with their "little consoles"? Shut the f**k up. The playstation 3 is at around 70 million right now. And guess what, while nintendo released a cheaper, poorly designed "little console" in the form of the 3ds, they managed to keep themselves more than viable through BRAND POWER. THEY DID IT THROUGH NINTENDO GAMES, A PRICE CUT TO THEIR INITIAL LUDICROUS PRICE AND MONSTER HUNTER. THERE IS NO f**king SECRET. They aren't putting out a massive number of small games, they have a s**tty online store, they aren't releasing games that fit the IDIOTIC AND NON EXISTANT criteria of "BEING MADE FOR HANDHELDS". They make nintendo games. And that works for them. Shut your f**king mouth. The vita's problems wont be solved by a price cut to some number you pulled out of your ass. Not if nobody has heard of it, and not if nobody wants it. The wiiu has a bright future. It's not a particularly great console, it's a good idea with a bright future, but if you want the hadware designed with the lowest level of ambition, then you are not a gamer, you are a shareholder. I hope you make lots of money from nintendo's success.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby stealth » 30 Nov 2012, 05:18

^ rage in text form. I love it
stealth 47

Postby Barry316 » 30 Nov 2012, 08:43

Agent75 wrote:Image
I don't get out much so all i do is make sale predictions, read about magical things called paragraphs and stroke my dog Charlie.
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby flyfletch » 30 Nov 2012, 10:02

Agent75 wrote:Didn't Microsoft clock up 750,000 Xbox 360 consoles? I bet they're glad they don't have a handheld console to deal with. But when games and consoles are discounted, they sell, so it's no big deal. The Wii U will make sure that Xbox 360, PS3 and Vita sales take a dive. The 3DS outsells the Vita by 46-1. Sony should be knocking out a 250 gig PS3 for £149 by now. Vita needs to be £149 with cheaper games. Sony will bang on with their little consoles, whilst the Wii U will just sell like the Wii, the Xbox 720 will be a good second.

You know this how?
flyfletch 72

Postby FishyGinger » 30 Nov 2012, 11:28

Lol lol, lol, lol lol lol sony lol lol....lolly-lol...gaycrosoft gaybox gay60 lol, sony lol.

Seems everyone did well in the sales, consumers and sellers. Well done.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Next