to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed survey suggests 2013 sequel with co-op

Your comments on our articles.

Third consecutive instalment possibly leaked via Ubisoft questionnaire

A new Assassin's Creed survey has suggested that another annual instalment could be set for release next year.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed survey suggests 2013 sequel with co-op

Postby budge » 29 Nov 2012, 11:23

You lost me at Revelations, Ubisoft.

Unfortunately nowadays most publishers/developers go about a game as in what sells rather than a bit of TLC. :(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Re: Assassin's Creed survey suggests 2013 sequel with co-op

Postby El Mag » 29 Nov 2012, 11:31

Be nice if there's an option on that survey that says "Give it a rest for a couple of years. Spend more time on it instead of milking it dry. And have the next special edition include a bobblehead toy. And no zombies please"
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby Moribundman » 29 Nov 2012, 11:35

Sounds great.
Last edited by Moribundman on 20 Feb 2013, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby sonic_uk » 29 Nov 2012, 11:48

As good as the games are I can't say I'm surprised at all by this one little bit. I would be a little puzzled if a new AC game didn't come out next year, given that the series has pretty much gone the way of yearly installments since the 2nd game. Ubisoft have turned it into a cash cow long ago, but for once at least the games haven't lost any of their quality, unlike some other franchise I could mention.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby fustacluck » 29 Nov 2012, 11:53

Found the DLC questions more interesting. Also kinda confirms the Madness of King George DLC's plans to be in 3 episodes at around £6 each.

Myself, I could also do with DLC playing one of the other major characters, not wanting to spoil, either before the main story or, GTA4-style, alongside it. Failing that, the early adventures of Achilles would be cool, too.
fustacluck 36

Xbox Live: fustak luck
PSN ID: fustacluck

Postby MrPirtniw » 29 Nov 2012, 11:58

Haven't been able to get into the AC games myself- they're simply too dull but I love stealth based games (not games that star everyone's favourite Nintendo obsessive- the other kind).
I want to see a proper return to the Tenchu franchise with some co-op assassination shenanigans- the co-op in Splinter Cell Conviction was suprisingly good but I want to use Katana's not silenced pistols- I've got Hitman Absolution for that.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 29 Nov 2012, 12:24

Translation: Erm.. hey fans... how would you like it if a sequel was made involving the same lead guys as last time so we can make another 3 semi sequels like we did with ACII?

I don't think Connor reviewed that well did he? They might be convinced to dump him and move on but I honestly don't see a sequel turning out any different than my translation suggests. ACIII was supposedly in development shortly after ACII which I think is absolute b*****ks because other than the setting, the game plays like another ACII sequel with a few added features.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby Moribundman » 29 Nov 2012, 12:42

TheCrimsonFenix wrote:Translation: Erm.. hey fans... how would you like it if a sequel was made involving the same lead guys as last time so we can make another 3 semi sequels like we did with ACII?

I don't think Connor reviewed that well did he? They might be convinced to dump him and move on but I honestly don't see a sequel turning out any different than my translation suggests. ACIII was supposedly in development shortly after ACII which I think is absolute b*****ks because other than the setting, the game plays like another ACII sequel with a few added features.

They already know who the hero will be in the next game. It is not Connor. The new era (if you can call it that) has been decided. It is not USA, it is not Victorian London, it is not Japan, Egypt, First Civilization. Ubi seem to ask these questions when they already have a build up and running and a good idea what they plan to produce, they just want to get people talking and get a degree of feedback in case they are really headed down the wrong path.

Has anyone noticed how AC3 basically lifted the open world gameplay (with a lot of the mechanics in tact - including the web tracking and comparison of progress with friends) from Red Dead Redemption, and the team based multiplayer from Mass Effect 3, and bolted this on to the existing AC series template? The most amazing thing was that for the most part it worked and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Last edited by Moribundman on 20 Feb 2013, 11:55, edited 1 time in total.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Postby fustacluck » 29 Nov 2012, 13:19

Moribundman wrote:
TheCrimsonFenix wrote:Translation: Erm.. hey fans... how would you like it if a sequel was made involving the same lead guys as last time so we can make another 3 semi sequels like we did with ACII?

They already know who the hero will be in the next game. It is not Connor. The new era (if you can call it that) has been decided. It is not USA, it is not Victorian London, it is not Japan, Egypt, First Civilization. Closer to home for them if you ask me. Ubi seem to ask these questions when they already have a build up and running and a good idea what they plan to produce, they just want to get people talking and get a degree of feedback in case they are really headed down the wrong path. And I would suggest these questions about co-op speak volumes about an uneasy alliance between Templars and Assassins they are thinking of working into the game.

Has anyone noticed how AC3 basically lifted the open world gameplay (with a lot of the mechanics in tact - including the web tracking and comparison of progress with friends) from Red Dead Redemption, and the team based multiplayer from Mass Effect 3, and bolted this on to the existing AC series template? The most amazing thing was that for the most part it worked and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I don't know, dude. A lot of questions revolved around the likeability of Connor and whether the next game should involve him so it doesn't look that concrete. Maybe you have some inside line at Ubi, but from what I remember from the questionaire they might be thinking of doing something like the "2 series".

Personally I liked Connor for the most part, but he seemed to have some major "daddy issues" with any older character.
fustacluck 36

Postby FixBeatGames » 29 Nov 2012, 13:32

surely if they're doing a survey NOW that means it's not in development yet. pre-development maybe. either way, that's LESS than a year to make the game. is that really enough time?
FixBeatGames 41

Postby murph_77 » 29 Nov 2012, 13:35

These yearly cycles are killing it for me. AC3 is so bug ridden it is stupid. Gone are the days when a game works like it should out of the box. This generation of consoles has really made it easy for games to come out broken because they can just patch it at a later date.
murph_77 45

Postby fustacluck » 29 Nov 2012, 13:45

murph_77 wrote:These yearly cycles are killing it for me. AC3 is so bug ridden it is stupid. Gone are the days when a game works like it should out of the box. This generation of consoles has really made it easy for games to come out broken because they can just patch it at a later date.

To be fair, game breaking bugs existed long before the Age of the Patch, and it meant having to change the code thanks to tips in magazines of the time (thanks Crash, C&VG and Sinclair User!)

I remember having to mess around with peek and poke values with Jet Set Willy in order to be able to complete the game, and that wasn't the only one. At least these days it's done for you.
fustacluck 36

Postby richomack360 » 29 Nov 2012, 14:02

MrPirtniw wrote:but I love stealth based games

It should be a downloadable mini game for Nintendo Land - where you have to add positive spin to various critical news stories. if you fail Mario cries and iwata explodes.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby Moribundman » 29 Nov 2012, 14:06

FixBeatGames wrote:surely if they're doing a survey NOW that means it's not in development yet. pre-development maybe. either way, that's LESS than a year to make the game. is that really enough time?

They have a bunch of teams working on stuff. I wouldn't be remotely surprised.
Last edited by Moribundman on 20 Feb 2013, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Moribundman 51

Postby MattyR95 » 29 Nov 2012, 18:59

Assassin's creed has so much potential due to all of the possibilities but I feel its wasted. They're good games, mainly due to the plot, but the gameplay isn't evolving. Also, Connor isn't really that interesting, so its losing the plot bonus as well.
MattyR95 54

Next