to access exclusive content, comment on articles, win prizes and post on our forums. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Grand Theft Auto sale kicks off on PSN today

Your comments on our articles.

GTA IV, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony discounted

Rockstar will launch a Grand Theft Auto sale on the European PlayStation Network today.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Grand Theft Auto sale kicks off on PSN today

Postby budge » 28 Nov 2012, 14:10

Grrr, I bought the episodes last week from PSN. :(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 65

Re: Grand Theft Auto sale kicks off on PSN today

Postby Reegeee » 28 Nov 2012, 14:26

12 quid for the entire thing (If you have PSN plus) is pretty good actually.

I know they where dirt cheap on Steam, but GTA 4 is just a pain in the arse on my PC and I sold my Xbox version a while back so I might pick this up and go through it again.
Reegeee 71

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby FixBeatGames » 28 Nov 2012, 14:29

budge wrote:Grrr, I bought the episodes last week from PSN. :(

send sony / whoever an email showing your annoyance, you never know they might sort something out for ya!

i did a couple of years ago, paid £9.99 for flower then literally 2 days later it was half price. they gave me £4 as a voucher to redeem on the store. i actually felt really guilty afterwards :lol:
FixBeatGames 41

Postby MPH » 28 Nov 2012, 14:36

Reegeee wrote:12 quid for the entire thing (If you have PSN plus) is pretty good actually.

I know they where dirt cheap on Steam, but GTA 4 is just a pain in the arse on my PC and I sold my Xbox version a while back so I might pick this up and go through it again.

Heh I was going to say I bought all the GTA's available on Steam during the Summer Sale for £4.99. Why's it a pain in the ass on your machine? You aren't running AMD hardware there are you? ;)
MPH 52

Postby Currychips » 28 Nov 2012, 14:39

I played through Lost and The Damned last weekend, forgot how much fun it was just arseing around in Liberty City. Dunno why I didn't complete it when I bought it to be honest, but it's not as good as the Gay Tony episode, that was brilliant, funny and a bit mental. Just like GTA of old. I might give that another play through over the weekend - if I can pull myself away from Hitman...
Do you want Chilli on that?
Currychips 46

Xbox Live: Mr Cheesefinger
PSN ID: westypie

Postby Reegeee » 28 Nov 2012, 15:15

MPH wrote:
Reegeee wrote:12 quid for the entire thing (If you have PSN plus) is pretty good actually.

Heh I was going to say I bought all the GTA's available on Steam during the Summer Sale for £4.99. Why's it a pain in the ass on your machine? You aren't running AMD hardware there are you? ;)

The unfortunate answer to that question is yes. Lots of slowdown. I don't have a brilliant PC anyway so it was always gonna be difficult but I thought it was worth a shot for a fiver, especially as I got the others too.
Reegeee 71

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby Solm » 28 Nov 2012, 15:29

Nice, I was only thinking of buying it from the store last week, but I only had 18 euro in credit now I can buy the complete game happy days.
PSN ID: Solm67
I'm a father that doesn't want to grow up.
Solm 52

Xbox Live: SOLM
PSN ID: Solm67
Steam: Solm1967

Postby RustySpoon80 » 28 Nov 2012, 15:36

What is the difference between Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City £9.99 & Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Bundle £7.99?
RustySpoon80 54

Postby TheLastDodo » 28 Nov 2012, 15:57

Rockstar released the two episodes on disc without GTA IV, kinda like a standalone game, Episodes From Liberty City is the downloadable version of that.

The Episodes Bundle requires GTA IV on disc.

Hope that makes sense.
TheLastDodo 76

Postby Mini-Nev » 28 Nov 2012, 17:46

RustySpoon80 wrote:What is the difference between Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City £9.99 & Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Bundle £7.99?

To play the bundle you need GTA IV but Episodes can be played as a standalone game.
"There's always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."
Mini-Nev 43

Xbox Live: minin3v
PSN ID: MLNLN3V

Postby Moribundman » 28 Nov 2012, 17:50

RustySpoon80 wrote:What is the difference between Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City £9.99 & Grand Theft Auto: Episodes Bundle £7.99?

Don't know for sure but I believe the latter is a bundle comprising the 2 released DLC modules, which requires GTA4 in order to run them but you choose which of the 3 campaigns you want to play from a single unified menu

WHEREAS

the former is the standalone bundle where you can play TLAD and TBOGT *only* as a standalone game and if you've sold/uninstalled your copy of GTA4 you can still play these without it.

I believe the soundtrack is different as well, with the standalone version missing a substantial amount of licensed music from GTA4 which it makes up for by adding some new tracks and the Vice City FM retro station.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 51

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman