to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Canadian retailers may have outed Yoshi's Land on Wii U

Your comments on our articles.

Second hint following MiiVerse "hack" last week

Nintendo hasn't confirmed a Yoshi's Land game for the Wii U, yet two Canadian retailers have it listed on their websites.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Canadian retailers may have outed Yoshi's Land on Wii U

Postby Skullet » 28 Nov 2012, 08:43

Its a pity they hadn't outed a more interesting game as another Mario spin-off is a bit of a yawnfest.
Skullet 60

Re: Canadian retailers may have outed Yoshi's Land on Wii U

Postby goggy » 28 Nov 2012, 09:40

Skullet wrote:Its a pity they hadn't outed a more interesting game as another Mario spin-off is a bit of a yawnfest.

Ye, of course it is. You know nothing about the game, yet you already call it another yawnfest.

Please, give Ninty a break ffs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwMdcESljqg - Still the greatest E3 reveal ever!!!
goggy 50

Postby fatherofthenoo » 28 Nov 2012, 10:46

A proper HD Yoshi's Island would be great! I really enjoyed the SNES and DS versions. Don't let me down, Nintendo.
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby Skullet » 28 Nov 2012, 13:47

goggy wrote:
Skullet wrote:Its a pity they hadn't outed a more interesting game as another Mario spin-off is a bit of a yawnfest.

Ye, of course it is. You know nothing about the game, yet you already call it another yawnfest.

Please, give Ninty a break ffs.

What do I need to know about it? Its another Mario spinoff in a sea of Mario spinoffs.
Skullet 60

Postby stealth » 28 Nov 2012, 13:48

^ its basically a different ip...........

I wouldnt call luigis mansion and 2d mario the same ip but its in the same universe
stealth 47

Postby Skullet » 28 Nov 2012, 13:57

stealth wrote:^ its basically a different ip...........

I wouldnt call luigis mansion and 2d mario the same ip but its in the same universe

I'd still call it a Mario spinoff. If you like Mario games then this is likely to be great news, but the Wii U isn't exactly managing to drum up much interest outside Nintendo fans and more Mario spinoffs aren't going to help with that, they need to release something new or at least slightly different.
Skullet 60

Postby rbt2 » 28 Nov 2012, 13:59

Just as long as it's better than Yoshi's Story on N64.
I paid a lot of money for that shite on import.
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby rbt2 » 28 Nov 2012, 14:02

Skullet wrote:
stealth wrote:^ its basically a different ip...........

I'd still call it a Mario spinoff. If you like Mario games then this is likely to be great news, but the Wii U isn't exactly managing to drum up much interest outside Nintendo fans and more Mario spinoffs aren't going to help with that, they need to release something new or at least slightly different.

But the system hasn't even been released over here yet!
Give 'em a chance at least!
rbt2 76

PSN ID: rbteagle

Postby MPH » 28 Nov 2012, 14:40

I think I'm the only person that didn't like Yoshi's Island on the SNES. It's kinda random as I love Mario games (just not YI).
MPH 54

Postby Skullet » 28 Nov 2012, 15:32

rbt2 wrote:
Skullet wrote:

But the system hasn't even been released over here yet!
Give 'em a chance at least!

The launch window is about 6 months long and this wasn't listed for release in the launch window, so it gives the impression that instead of giving us something new beyond the launch window its just more of the same. Like I said before if you like Mario games then your probably in for a treat but its not exactly going to set the world alight with non Mario fans.
Skullet 60

Postby beemoh » 28 Nov 2012, 20:07

More likely is the retailers stuck that line into their databases after seeing the hack. Better to hoover up pre-orders now and cancel them than risk losing sales to competitors should the game turn out to be real.
RIP Nintendo Gamer, we hardly knew ye. #OccupyFuturesExecTeam
beemoh 59

Postby kaiser82 » 29 Nov 2012, 22:19

fatherofthenoo wrote:A proper HD Yoshi's Island would be great! I really enjoyed the SNES and DS versions. Don't let me down, Nintendo.

I loved it 2 but im not buying a WiiU jet. But i love the good news :mrgreen:
kaiser82 4

Postby ricflair » 30 Nov 2012, 00:03

Why are people putting so much energy and wasting so much time repeatedly dismissing a console made by a company that apparently have no interest in, who make games that they hate? It's f**king stupid.

Some people are looking forward to it and like Nintendo's approach, what's so hard to accept about that? Why constantly go on and on about not liking it? It's fine, you don't have to like it, but why go on like the people who are looking forward to it are some how saps, just because they like something you don't. Nobody's more right, or more wrong, but this is just getting ridiculous.

It's good to have a choice of consoles that offer different things. Go buy a PS4 when it comes out, it's not a hard decision.
Woo
ricflair 77

Xbox Live: Ric Flair78
PSN ID: RicFlair78
Steam: RicFlair78
Battle.net: Wii U: RicFlair

Postby stealth » 30 Nov 2012, 05:01

Please lord jesus christ, make this a 2d sprite platformer

your lamb,

Stealth (aka super jew)
stealth 47

Postby Balladeer » 30 Nov 2012, 09:41

ricflair wrote:Why are people putting so much energy and wasting so much time repeatedly dismissing a console made by a company that apparently have no interest in, who make games that they hate? It's f**king stupid.

Some people are looking forward to it and like Nintendo's approach, what's so hard to accept about that? Why constantly go on and on about not liking it? It's fine, you don't have to like it, but why go on like the people who are looking forward to it are some how saps, just because they like something you don't. Nobody's more right, or more wrong, but this is just getting ridiculous.

It's good to have a choice of consoles that offer different things. Go buy a PS4 when it comes out, it's not a hard decision.

THISTHISTHISTHIS

Skullet, you don't like the Mario series. That's fine, that's your prerogative. Then why are you commenting on a thread about it?

Frankly if this appears in 3D it'll feel fresher than most games. Just don't make it Yoshi's Safari 2.
StonecoldMC wrote:The only ones who might Win E3 are the websites like CVG (who again had record traffic to the site for E3 yesterday) who will make millions out of the billions of comments made discussing who f**king won E3.

GNamer, for Nintendo talk.
Balladeer 77