to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Leaked Rayman Legends NFC trailer was just a prototype

Your comments on our articles.

Rayman creator declines to confirm feature for early 2013 sequel

The Wii U's NFC (Near Field Communication) functionality was first seen working in a leaked trailer for Rayman Legends, but the game itself may release next year without any NFC functionality.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Leaked Rayman Legends NFC trailer was just a prototype

Postby Im_Money » 27 Nov 2012, 23:12

I can see Nintendo creating a Pokemon game with Skylander type 'collectibles' & if it is as good as the recent Pokemon games, I can also see my money vanishing as I type :lol:
Im_Money 63

Xbox Live: Bowling4Phil
PSN ID: Bowling4Phil

Re: Leaked Rayman Legends NFC trailer was just a prototype

Postby fatherofthenoo » 28 Nov 2012, 00:18

Can NFC actually do anything that might justify Nintendo having included it in the gamepad? Because right now it just seems kind of pointless. Anybody?
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby stealth » 28 Nov 2012, 00:21

fatherofthenoo wrote:Can NFC actually do anything that might justify Nintendo having included it in the gamepad? Because right now it just seems kind of pointless. Anybody?

pokemon
stealth 47

Postby billysastard » 28 Nov 2012, 00:59

Im_Money wrote:I can see Nintendo creating a Pokemon game with Skylander type 'collectibles' & if it is as good as the recent Pokemon games, I can also see my money vanishing as I type :lol:

yes, i fear that will be the case here too.

that said ubi released a series of 20 odd rabbids for the rabbids in time game (one came with the collectors edition) so i could easily see them releasing another set at some point with nfc chips in them.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby billysastard » 28 Nov 2012, 01:03

fatherofthenoo wrote:Can NFC actually do anything that might justify Nintendo having included it in the gamepad? Because right now it just seems kind of pointless. Anybody?

if your credit card is a modern one (the "contactless" ones) then you can buy stuff from the estore by just swiping your cc over the gamepad to authorize payment without having to store your cc details on vulnerable servers, heck, if you have a modern smartphone you can even use that to make payments as many of them now are starting to offer nfc payments.

billysastard 62

Xbox Live: ImpaledGryphon
PSN ID: Impaled-Gryphon
Wii Code: wiiu-ImpaledGryphon
Steam: ImpaledGryphon

Postby Im_Money » 28 Nov 2012, 01:16

billysastard wrote:

if your credit card is a modern one (the "contactless" ones) then you can buy stuff from the estore by just swiping your cc over the gamepad to authorize payment without having to store your cc details on vulnerable servers, heck, if you have a modern smartphone you can even use that to make payments as many of them now are starting to offer nfc payments.

Oh really?? I wouldn't mind using the contactless card part I went to Barclays especially for that (thinking it would be easier) and the only place near me that allows me to use it is Cafe Nero, and I rarely go there.. >.< though that one time I did, was pretty cool :lol:
Im_Money 63

Xbox Live: Bowling4Phil
PSN ID: Bowling4Phil

Postby fatherofthenoo » 28 Nov 2012, 15:27

billysastard wrote:

That's handy. My card is one of those sensory typey ones. There are a lot of Wii U eshop titles that I want so it's time to get schwipin'.
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo