to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC out now on Xbox Live

Your comments on our articles.

Series' largest DLC ever available to buy

Mass Effect 3's Omega DLC is now available on Xbox Live.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC out now on Xbox Live

Postby ensabahnur » 27 Nov 2012, 16:08

Still never finished the main game yet, downloaded the Leviathan DLC but might hold off until i'm actually going back to it for this one.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Re: Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC out now on Xbox Live

Postby richomack360 » 27 Nov 2012, 16:42

ensabahnur wrote:Still never finished the main game yet, downloaded the Leviathan DLC but might hold off until i'm actually going back to it for this one.

Well the main character in this is a female alien, a female alien that can cause a lot of damage. Why is there no hoo-hah about this, but the chap behind Remember Me is causing a buzz because he is featuring a girl as his main character ?

Back on topic - will wait about 5 years, pick all the games up for peanuts and replay them.
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby Black Mantis » 27 Nov 2012, 16:49

richomack360 wrote:
ensabahnur wrote:Still never finished the main game yet, downloaded the Leviathan DLC but might hold off until i'm actually going back to it for this one.

Well the main character in this is a female alien, a female alien that can cause a lot of damage. Why is there no hoo-hah about this, but the chap behind Remember Me is causing a buzz because he is featuring a girl as his main character ?

Back on topic - will wait about 5 years, pick all the games up for peanuts and replay them.

Shepard's still the main character, Aria is part of your squad.

Hopefully this is up there with LotSB, Leviathan was good, but not at that level.
Black Mantis 67

Postby richomack360 » 27 Nov 2012, 17:07

Yes Shep is still the main character you play with - but Aria is the star of the show with this one (as well as the new Turian character) and then take into account all those that play with a female shep also !

I agree LotSB was a good 'un. Firewalker was terrible

richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Postby ensabahnur » 27 Nov 2012, 17:14

richomack360 wrote:Yes Shep is still the main character you play with - but Aria is the star of the show with this one (as well as the new Turian character) and then take into account all those that play with a female shep also !

Yeah LotSB has been the best DLC released for the franchise that i've played. All the other ones for ME1 and ME2 were lackluster 30 minute run and gun missions that ultimately meant nothing, maybe excluding Arrival. LotSB actually achieved something that had lasting effects on the series and the best boss i've seen in the whole franchise.
The only thing good about Firewalker was the return of a vehicle, even if it was a bit annoying.
"Your taste buds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!"
ensabahnur 68

Xbox Live: Sk1dmark 76
PSN ID: FLANGEMAN
Steam: Ensabahnur

Postby FishyGinger » 27 Nov 2012, 17:21

richomack360 wrote:

Free advertising I'd guess.

Think there's a trilogy set out now, my guess is it won't drop much below 30 but don't think it includes all dlc so might have to get that separately.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby richomack360 » 27 Nov 2012, 17:27

ensabahnur wrote:

Yeah LotSB has been the best DLC released for the franchise that i've played. All the other ones for ME1 and ME2 were lackluster 30 minute run and gun missions that ultimately meant nothing, maybe excluding Arrival. LotSB actually achieved something that had lasting effects on the series and the best boss i've seen in the whole franchise.
The only thing good about Firewalker was the return of a vehicle, even if it was a bit annoying.[/quote]

Yup, Arrival was good as it added to the story and got you prepped for ME3 – LotSB was excellent, as it meant a nice fleshy campaign, more Liara, new locations and one mini boss fight and a good major boss fight – plus you got to use the SB’s ship as a new port of call for all sorts of goodies. – that's a good DLC.

Am hoping Omega DLC is very much in the fleshed out LotSB feel, and not of the Point A to Point B shooty shooty other DLC that was released for it.

FishyGinger wrote:.
Think there's a trilogy set out now, my guess is it won't drop much below 30 but don't think it includes all dlc so might have to get that separately.

Am hoping there is a point when it all comes out as one bundle, multiple discs and a DLC disc – that will rekindle my love of the series !

richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Postby Reegeee » 27 Nov 2012, 17:36

Overlord was a good DLC IMO. A bit of variation thrown in there with the exploration in the Hammerhead.

I'll pick this up most probably but wouldn't mind a review or two seeing as it's out already.
Reegeee 74

Xbox Live: reegeee
PSN ID: reegeee
Steam: reegeee

Postby budge » 27 Nov 2012, 21:02

Yeah I enjoyed Overlord too but Lair Of The Shadow Broker was just great and gave a bit more focus on Liara after totally putting her to one side in ME2.

I'm not planning on getting this new Omega DLC because I just know that it'll be huge waves of Cerberus target practice. :(
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66