Interview: Can Remember Me prove everyone wrong?

Your comments on our articles.

New IP, no guns, no death: Capcom's new action game is breaking the law, but can it get away with it?

It's tragically unfair that, at first glance, Remember Me doesn't appear to be doing anything new at all.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby FixBeatGames » 27 Nov 2012, 11:42

nice interview, but:

"It's a new IP set to launch just when the current console cycle grinds to a halt"

the sales figures suggest a slight slowdown, not a grind to a halt. and some of the best games for the current consoles are still to come: the last of us, the last guardian, grand theft auto 5, metal gear solid 5, bioshock infinate, etc. we've just had the best cod. best halo.

there's just so much wrong with the statement "current console cycle grinds to a halt" in my opinion. it's the kinda thing pc gamers hurt by console ports are saying. which just isn't true.
FixBeatGames 41

Postby fustacluck » 27 Nov 2012, 11:46

It's early days, but it did remind me of a new Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, but replacing the graffiti with mind-jacking. Could be just me, though.
fustacluck 36

Xbox Live: fustak luck
PSN ID: fustacluck

Re: Interview: Can Remember Me prove everyone wrong?

Postby WHERESMYMONKEY » 27 Nov 2012, 14:28

FixBeatGames wrote:nice interview, but:

"It's a new IP set to launch just when the current console cycle grinds to a halt"

the sales figures suggest a slight slowdown, not a grind to a halt. and some of the best games for the current consoles are still to come: the last of us, the last guardian, grand theft auto 5, metal gear solid 5, bioshock infinate, etc. we've just had the best cod. best halo.

there's just so much wrong with the statement "current console cycle grinds to a halt" in my opinion. it's the kinda thing pc gamers hurt by console ports are saying. which just isn't true.

I totally agree. You always get the best games of a generation when the devs know what they're doing with the hardware and so can focus much more time on constructiing decent gameplay over just getting the game to work,
Comedy. gaming. Lemmings? You do the math www.laserlemming.com
WHERESMYMONKEY 66

Postby HelloLadies » 27 Nov 2012, 14:29

FixBeatGames wrote:nice interview, but:

I agree with the sentiment minus the generalisation of PC gamers.
HelloLadies 53

Postby Bambis Dad » 27 Nov 2012, 14:46

I wish I had being paying some attention to this as it sounds and looks like a real delight.
Childhood pictures redeem, clean and so serene
See myself without ruining lines
Whole days throwing sticks into streams

I have crawled so far sideways
I recognise dim traces of creation
Bambis Dad 52

Postby scottabc » 27 Nov 2012, 15:24

The best and most innovative games come at the end of the console cycle when companies are most familiar with the hardware and huge installed bases mean some risks can be taken with games that are more original. Looks like this is a good and potentially great example.
scottabc 30

Postby Imaduck » 27 Nov 2012, 15:43

In my experience the best games are the ones that slip under the radar, and then they're just incredible on release and spread like wildfire due to quality. Feels like these guys are trying to talk themselves into number 1 slot. Smells like lacking :roll:
Imaduck 58

Postby funkyjack » 27 Nov 2012, 18:38

This does look interesting. I wonder how the lack of weaponry will impact the experience, and I'm looking forward to trying it.
He who nades, always wins...
funkyjack 60

Xbox Live: Chimera Six
PSN ID: D1RTYRAT
Steam: C3ll_DirtyRat

Postby Jbumi » 27 Nov 2012, 20:41

This is currently my most anticipated game for 2013. Everything I've read & the videos I've viewed just piques my interest further! If it's half as good as my over-active imagination has painted it, it'll be great.
Jbumi 3
New user

Postby slamatron » 27 Nov 2012, 20:53

fustacluck wrote:It's early days, but it did remind me of a new Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, but replacing the graffiti with mind-jacking. Could be just me, though.

i loved that game, always hoped they made a sequel.
slamatron 51

Xbox Live: slamatron
PSN ID: slamatron

Postby IAmTheWalrus » 27 Nov 2012, 21:10

Nowadays, when a game is published/developed by Capcom, I tend to avoid, too many AWESOOOME action set pieces, on disc DLC, streamlined gameplay mechanics, don't wanna confuse the casual action gamers, just reeks of general shittyness.
IAmTheWalrus 21

Postby The_KFD_Case » 27 Nov 2012, 23:06

I like the premise and the setting, and I think the gameplay video looks good. It's not original by a long shot, yet as mentioned in the article, when the total sum of its parts come together it seems like it'll be a fine entertainment experience. :-) From the video my one main gripe is the half-cockney/half-Aussie accent of the female protagonist; it seems misplaced to me. I think it should have been a softer feminine French accent, or a more neutral international Anglo-Saxon accent.
"Unfounded optimism is no worse than relentless pessimism."
The_KFD_Case 65