to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - first official gameplay trailer

Your comments on our articles.

Delayed sequel releasing in January on consoles and PC

City Interactive has released the first official gameplay trailer for Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - first official gameplay trailer

Postby phate666 » 26 Nov 2012, 15:12

The first one was dreadful.
"You gonna eat that stapler?"

"Wanna split it?"
phate666 50

Xbox Live: PillowyBarbecue
PSN ID: phate666

Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 - first official gameplay trailer

Postby HelloLadies » 26 Nov 2012, 16:31

True but it had potential. They just needed to iron out the AI and make the story half decent. The ending was a complete joke. Whether this game does its own thing and does it well or whether it falls into the septic tank with the slew of CoD clones will determine its success.
HelloLadies 50

Postby JOHNKARA » 26 Nov 2012, 17:23

For a game that focuses and prides itself on the sniping mechanic, the actual execution of that mechanic seems very artificial and "easy" - no wind factor, gravity or other factors to consider - just point and shoot.

Disappointed already..........
Gina Stein
JOHNKARA 46

Postby sonic_uk » 26 Nov 2012, 22:31

Well, I found the first game to be a very underated piece of software, even if it was blatantly obvious when playing it was built to a budget. I really enjoyed the Sniping, and crawling around the jungle with a Silenced pistol trying not to get spotted felt a lot more tense in this game than any other I've played as you know if you get seen you've had it. I've been looking forward to the sequel for ages.

JOHNKARA wrote:For a game that focuses and prides itself on the sniping mechanic, the actual execution of that mechanic seems very artificial and "easy" - no wind factor, gravity or other factors to consider - just point and shoot.

Disappointed already..........

Not true at all. The first game accounted for bullet drop and I'm pretty sure wind was simulated too although I'd have to check on that last one. You can see in the second half of this video the projected course of the bullet briefly flashes up in the crosshairs as a red dot (just like the first game) before he takes the shot.
Last edited by sonic_uk on 27 Nov 2012, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56

Postby alan666 » 26 Nov 2012, 23:00

Hmmm i have been looking forward to this, i found the game Sniper Elite to be rather refreshing & was hoping this would be in a similar vain.
used to own - NES, Atari ST, Amiga 500, Mega Drive, SNK Neo Geo, SNES, Saturn, N64, PS2, GameCube, Alienware Aurora.
currently own - PS1, Xbox, Xbox360 + Kinect, Wii, PS3 + MOVE, 3DS, Games PC, Wii U.
alan666 55

Xbox Live: B1G A1AN
Steam: full_life_666
Battle.net: Origin + full_life_666
xFire: 3DS + 0087-2285-0027

Postby sonic_uk » 27 Nov 2012, 21:47

Sniper Elite looks good apart from one thing...WW2. I just don't get any enjoyment from using the old technology and pop-pop weapons from that era when I know there are much better weapons and equipment out there, hence why I prefer a more modern setting or even a futuristic/semi futuristic setting.
Own...360(Slim), Ps4, Ps3(SuperSlim), Ps2, Ps1, PsVita, XperiaPlay, Gamecube, Snes, Dreamcast, Megadrive, MegaCd 2, Saturn, Gamegear, PC

Owned...Acorn Electron, Atari 2600, Gameboy, Master System, 32x, GBA SP, Xbox, Psp, 360(Premium), Ps3(BC), Wii(BC)
sonic_uk 56