to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Resident Evil: Revelations listed for Xbox 360, PS3

Your comments on our articles.

Capcom title set for home console release, according to Korean Ratings Board

3DS survival horror entry, Resident Evil: Revelations could be set to appear on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby ninja-key » 23 Nov 2012, 10:43

Bring it to VITA and I will be happy.
ninja-key 53

Xbox Live: Thekey08
PSN ID: ninja-key

Postby ST4CKY » 23 Nov 2012, 10:43

Even though I've read this is meant to be a pretty good game, I think a lot of people might not touch it with a barge pole after being burnt by the last s**tty installment....
ST4CKY 40

Re: Resident Evil: Revelations listed for Xbox 360, PS3

Postby RustySpoon80 » 23 Nov 2012, 10:48

This is the Resi game that every tru Resi fans wants (actual survival horror).
Everyone should rush out and buy it to show Capcom what we actually want.
RustySpoon80 56

Postby paperywhiteboy » 23 Nov 2012, 10:57

RustySpoon80 wrote:This is the Resi game that every tru Resi fans wants (actual survival horror).
Everyone should rush out and buy it to show Capcom what we actually want.

I second this motion.
paperywhiteboy 53

PSN ID: PETRIMOV

Postby MrPirtniw » 23 Nov 2012, 11:00

I dunno, I've watched a lot of this game being played on YouTube and it still looks a bit cack to me. If there's a demo I'll give it a whirl but I'm not expecting much. I already know I hate the characters in it (Not to be confused with 'innit?')
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby JOFF » 23 Nov 2012, 11:10

MrPirtniw wrote:I dunno, I've watched a lot of this game being played on YouTube and it still looks a bit cack to me. If there's a demo I'll give it a whirl but I'm not expecting much. I already know I hate the characters in it (Not to be confused with 'innit?')

This game was truly awesome, not even close to cack. it a shame no other developers have bothered making console quality games for 3ds (except nintendo of course).
JOFF 33

Postby mattdark » 23 Nov 2012, 11:15

MrPirtniw wrote:I dunno, I've watched a lot of this game being played on YouTube and it still looks a bit cack to me. If there's a demo I'll give it a whirl but I'm not expecting much. I already know I hate the characters in it (Not to be confused with 'innit?')

I can understand peoples aprehension, but I would certainly reccomend this to people who have been burned by the recent console titles.
This one does have a more slower pace and is like the older titles, tight corridors, the eerie lack of any (un)life around you, before it pops a zombie up out of nowhere! Well, not exactly a zombie, but...
It does have some more action-based sections (chris and his partner in stand-off against some zombie dogs) but ive certaily enjoyed this more then 5 and 6 combined.
PSN - MattDark86
Currently playing;
- Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls
- Hyrule Warriors
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
mattdark 53

PSN ID: MattDark86

Postby MrPirtniw » 23 Nov 2012, 11:19

Cheers Matt. From what I've seen it looked like the new style blammo Resi coupled with pretty weak monster designs, unlikable characters especially that chick in the one legged swimsuit) but with all the benefits of being on a small screen. There was a whole scene I watched with 2 people taking on endless waves of Hunters. It looked pretty nice for a DS game though.
Mind you, it can't be worse than Resi 6 so I'll wait for some kind of demo before I make my decision. I'll keep my expectations low so perhaps I'll have a chance of being pleasently suprised.
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0

Postby sbradley88 » 23 Nov 2012, 11:38

Now bring REmake and RE0 to Ps3 and ill feed you my money through the CD drive.
sbradley88 59

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby FishyGinger » 23 Nov 2012, 12:05

I heard this was quite good. Then I also heard Resident evil 6 was as well so maybe I shouldn't trust my ears.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 70

Postby TheCrimsonFenix » 23 Nov 2012, 13:00

PSN and XBL title perhaps? Whilst it was a big step up from Resi 5 and 6 I wouldn't exactly say I loved it as a Resi Sequel. It's not just the gameplay that screams out for a whole reboot, it's the tacky story too and Revelations had as crappy a story as Capcoms CoD success wannabe home console games. Only thing I liked with Revs was some of the creature designs (not the ones that look incredibly unoriginal by Resi standards). They reminded me of the older games. Just my opinion though.
Hatspank

Has the hots for: Several friends, that quiet brunette down the street, Kai from Heavenly Sword, sonic_uk, Multiplayerking, Doug, and probably your sister and/or mother.
TheCrimsonFenix 70

PSN ID: Crimson-Phoenixx

Postby YCshinobi » 23 Nov 2012, 14:33

:roll: Damn it I just bought it for the 3DS.
YCshinobi 65

Xbox Live: ycshinobi
PSN ID: ycshinobi
Wii Code: Wii U... YCshinobi
Steam: ycshinobi

Postby Agent75 » 23 Nov 2012, 16:36

CAPCOM have ruined Resident Evil, it's the only franchise that's keep it going. I've played too many bad CAPCMOM games over the last 10 years or so, I'd say probably on consoles after the Dreamcast. Major issues with most of their games is control and camera angles. CAPCOM are bottom of the bucket.
Agent75 48

Postby Amristar » 23 Nov 2012, 16:40

The Vita needs a scary game. Since this was a handheld game it should only make sense if this is ported to another but powerful handheld like the Vita.
Amristar 11
New user

Postby AvatarIII » 23 Nov 2012, 16:56

FishyGinger wrote:I heard this was quite good. Then I also heard Resident evil 6 was as well so maybe I shouldn't trust my ears.

The difference being Resi 6 was only said to be good until about a day or 2, (a week tops) after release, this is still said to be good over a year after release.

Amristar wrote:The Vita needs a scary game. Since this was a handheld game it should only make sense if this is ported to another but powerful handheld like the Vita.

I'd love to see it on Vita, leave it off the big consoles, it will probably look like crap on a big screen anyway, it was designed for a small screen so leave it on a small screen.

although if it comes to PS3 with cross controller compatibility for the Vita, that would be interesting.

PSN ID: AvatarIII
Steam: AvatarIII

Next