to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3 unavailable on UK Steam store

Your comments on our articles.

Ubisoft 'in discussions' with Valve over undisclosed issues

Assassin's Creed 3 is not available on the UK storefront for Steam, and neither will Far Cry 3 when it's released in UK on November 30.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3 unavailable on UK Steam store

Postby Richard Thompson » 22 Nov 2012, 21:40

What was that UBIsoft? You want me to pirate it instead? Ok then.
Richard Thompson 1
New user

Re: Assassin's Creed 3, Far Cry 3 unavailable on UK Steam st

Postby Sixty9Eyes » 22 Nov 2012, 22:54

Been harrising ubi non stop for 3 weeks about this. they replied once saying it would be there stop worrying. I have a screen grab of the conversation with them lying. also it doesn't really matter in the long run as it uses uplay anyway so steam+uplay would be worse than just using the one program. p**ses me off to no end but far cry looks too good to pass up but they can most certainly f**k themselves on asscreed till its on steam.
Sixty9Eyes 23

Postby LedBetter » 22 Nov 2012, 22:55

Richard Thompson wrote:What was that UBIsoft? You want me to pirate it instead? Ok then.

Give me a break. You're looking for ANY excuse to pirate it aren't you. It's not as if they're doing it on purpose. Obviously somethings up and they're trying to work together with Valve to sort it out. What an idiot.
LedBetter 13

Postby Wibble » 23 Nov 2012, 01:14

LedBetter wrote:
Richard Thompson wrote:What was that UBIsoft? You want me to pirate it instead? Ok then.

Give me a break. You're looking for ANY excuse to pirate it aren't you. It's not as if they're doing it on purpose. Obviously somethings up and they're trying to work together with Valve to sort it out. What an idiot.

No, clearly its a problem of their own doing, and again no, ubisoft have treated their pc customers awfully, so pirating their games is really consumer activism. They should be reminded every time they try to pull some s**t on their own customers that their customers will react like this. It is their responsibility to earn their customers trust back, and that takes time and very smooth sailing.
Wibble 1
New user

Postby WagnumPI » 23 Nov 2012, 09:44

I wouldnt mind if Uplay worked alright as you can set the game up in Steam so it then just opens Uplay and the game like it does if we could buy it through Steam. Have however just preordered Far Cry 3 through Uplay directly and a day has passed and it still hasnt appeared in my games list to start downloading. I wanted to get Assassins Creed this way as well but Uplay seems to be incredibly flawed and put me right off doing it. There are hacked versions of Assassins Creed out there so seriously making me think to just pirate it since this is ridiculous!
WagnumPI 28
New user

Postby MPH » 23 Nov 2012, 14:30

Well until they're on Steam, I'm not buying either.
MPH 54

Postby mupet0000 » 23 Nov 2012, 22:53

LedBetter wrote:

Wrong. I have over 800 games on Steam, and I'm not looking to pirate, but if Ubisoft are gonna pull their games from Steam and have ridiculous DRM along with their terrible Uplay client, it does make me want to pirate their games. And I feel like Ubisoft deserve it too. If they want to be anti-consumer then we should be anti-Ubisoft.
mupet0000 1
New user