to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Black Ops 2: First week UK CoD sales reportedly down 20% yea

Your comments on our articles.

But latest series entry still recorded the fourth biggest launch of all time

UK launch week sales of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 were reportedly down over 20 per cent compared to those achieved by last year's series release, Modern Warfare 3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby karkify » 22 Nov 2012, 19:33

The downhill slide begins? Irritates me that the first CoD in ages to actually change it up does worse. Shoes what the"fans" of the series really want; non-stop modern derpfare. They also have yet to account for the Wii-U sales of the game when it releases.
...or maybe the downhill slide has began?
karkify 50

Postby ted1138 » 22 Nov 2012, 19:42

There's probably a bunch of people getting this for Wii U next week(or for Christmas), so that probably explains why those sales figures are lower...
"People mistake the past for the present and they also mistake the present for the future"
Ken Levine
ted1138 61

Re: Black Ops 2: First week UK CoD sales reportedly down 20%

Postby middle finger » 22 Nov 2012, 19:50

Rip cod
middle finger 64

Postby Mmmmgrolsch » 22 Nov 2012, 19:53

karkify wrote:The downhill slide begins? Irritates me that the first CoD in ages to actually change it up does worse. Shoes what the"fans" of the series really want; non-stop modern derpfare. They also have yet to account for the Wii-U sales of the game when it releases.

I wouldn't think it's declined. They've only released it on 3 platforms instead of 5 like they normally do.
Mmmmgrolsch 74

Xbox Live: Mmmmgrolsch
PSN ID: Mmmmgrolsch
Steam: Mmmmgrolsch

Postby middle finger » 22 Nov 2012, 19:57

How much cod on vita sold?
middle finger 64

Postby Drusus » 22 Nov 2012, 20:02

middle finger wrote:Rip cod

Wouldn't that mean RIP Zelda and RIP Battlefield. I like CoD and I've been told for a long time that sales don't matter and it's trash, now it's dead because it sold a little less. I thought sales didn't matter.

Guess what, they don't matter to me, fast fluid 60fps multiplayer fun matters to me, so I love Black Ops 2, I'll be the first to admit CoD doesn't change much so imagine my surprise when this one does and changes it for the better, I mean like CoD 4 Modern Warfare's spiritual successor better.

The campaign is brilliant as well, it starts slow and ramps up to awesome, all with the first CoD story I've ever cared about, the ending is brilliant for so many reasons. Now Imagine my extra confused surprise when it goes on to be one of the best selling games of all time but is apparently dying.

It's not dead, it''s ready for round two.
Drusus 58

Postby karkify » 22 Nov 2012, 20:04

Mmmmgrolsch wrote:
karkify wrote:The downhill slide begins? Irritates me that the first CoD in ages to actually change it up does worse. Shoes what the"fans" of the series really want; non-stop modern derpfare. They also have yet to account for the Wii-U sales of the game when it releases.

I wouldn't think it's declined. They've only released it on 3 platforms instead of 5 like they normally do.

I'm assuming the other 2 platforms are Wii and DS? I can't see those making up 20% of sales, but what do I know? The sales might jump massively with Wii-U release with new buyers and those double dipping to play it on a new console. I would also blame the lack of advertising, of which BO2 basically had zilch of.
karkify 50

Postby darry » 22 Nov 2012, 20:07

The fourth largest entertainment launch of all time, on less platforms than some of the top three, and people are saying RIP?

Yeah, that makes sense.
darry 54

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 22 Nov 2012, 20:36

Yeah I'd be really worried if I were Activision :roll: I bet money this game will maintain a lot longer than the others because a lot of people (including myself) were dubious about a number of things, for me it was the future setting for others it was this, the fact it was Treyarch (I don't get that myself) PS3 fans been stung last time and the failure of Elite (I won't include those who actually wish a game to fail) but more and more I'm hearing people getting it and the online counters are rising each night.

Time will tell but it's a long long long way off RIP.

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 22 Nov 2012, 20:56

Cod will go the way of Guitar Hero, but its unlikely to happen until well into next gen. They will run out of ideas and other better series will arrive, but for now its not going anywhere.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 73

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19

Postby TheLastDodo » 22 Nov 2012, 21:11

:lol: @ middle finger

I'm trading mine in tomorrow, multiplayer is an absolute shambles with lag, hit detection, campers, you know the drill. Shame because I really liked the maps in this CoD too.

Hell I stuck on a custom game vs bots today to pass the time and the bots were quickscoping.........YEP the f**king bots were quickscoping :lol: It's funny yet sad at the same time.

So I'm done, I can't do it anymore, the SP is still great but I'm done with the MP side, I may be s**t at it but at least Halo 4 works, not to mention the community is much more fun to play against.

So if you want to play a real mans multiplayer game (not called Homefront) with me KK then you know where to find me ;).
TheLastDodo 77

Postby TheBusterMan » 22 Nov 2012, 21:15

Drusus wrote:
middle finger wrote:Rip cod

Wouldn't that mean RIP Zelda and RIP Battlefield. I like CoD and I've been told for a long time that sales don't matter and it's trash, now it's dead because it sold a little less. I thought sales didn't matter.

Guess what, they don't matter to me, fast fluid 60fps multiplayer fun matters to me, so I love Black Ops 2, I'll be the first to admit CoD doesn't change much so imagine my surprise when this one does and changes it for the better, I mean like CoD 4 Modern Warfare's spiritual successor better.

The campaign is brilliant as well, it starts slow and ramps up to awesome, all with the first CoD story I've ever cared about, the ending is brilliant for so many reasons. Now Imagine my extra confused surprise when it goes on to be one of the best selling games of all time but is apparently dying.

'The campaign is brilliant'? Are we playing the same game?
TheBusterMan 47

Postby KK-Headcharge78 » 22 Nov 2012, 21:17

TheLastDodo wrote::lol: @ middle finger

I'm trading mine in tomorrow, multiplayer is an absolute shambles with lag, hit detection, campers, you know the drill. Shame because I really liked the maps in this CoD too.

Hell I stuck on a custom game vs bots today to pass the time and the bots were quickscoping.........YEP the f**king bots were quickscoping :lol: It's funny yet sad at the same time.

So I'm done, I can't do it anymore, the SP is still great but I'm done with the MP side, I may be s**t at it but at least Halo 4 works, not to mention the community is much more fun to play against.

So if you want to play a real mans multiplayer game (not called Homefront) with me KK then you know where to find me ;).

Ha ha mate not fookin likely I'm no half-crouching, last generation graphics laser geek :mrgreen: Each to their own mate, I'll stick with Blops the lag is getting better and once the compensation balances it will be my shooter fill online until or after the next BF3 DLC is out.

Did you get Hitman?

KK-Headcharge78 62

Xbox Live: Bison VS Mario
PSN ID: slypuss7881

Postby TheLastDodo » 22 Nov 2012, 21:26

I'd love to have that optimism KK.

Nah, I'm getting PS All Stars tomorrow, if that turns out crap then I'll trade it and get Hitman when I go for Far Cry next week.

Then hopefully I'm done for the year *fingers crossed*.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby Drusus » 22 Nov 2012, 21:29

TheBusterMan wrote:
Drusus wrote:

'The campaign is brilliant'? Are we playing the same game?

Yes but we aren't the same person. Have you finished the game, I have, it's brilliant. If you have different tastes be sure to let me know what they are and I can point you in the direction of several games you'll love. My favourite is Shadow of the Colossus, you should try it some time. You might not like it though as we are different people and have different tastes.

boop, (that was on your nose)
Drusus 58

Next