to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE, claims former EA s

Your comments on our articles.

Ben Cousins says "it is general knowledge in the Stockholm dev scene"

Mirror's Edge 2 is in the works at Swedish Battlefield studio DICE.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE, claims former EA s

Postby ianson » 21 Nov 2012, 15:03

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES :D
ianson 47

Re: Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE, claims former

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 Nov 2012, 15:06

TheLastDodo 77

Postby HelloLadies » 21 Nov 2012, 15:15

Seriously not trolling here but can someone please explain to me why a sequel to the original game is so sought after? I really didn't enjoy it at all. I bought it for PS3 several years ago and returned it the next day. Several months ago I saw it on Steam for cheap and thought I would give it another chance and actually finished it but it felt like a real chore. I'll give it kudos for its interesting art direction and locations and the concept was a good idea but it just felt bland and the music grated on me. Maybe I'm missing something here. Just wondering.
HelloLadies 50

Postby budge » 21 Nov 2012, 15:30

HelloLadies wrote:Seriously not trolling here but can someone please explain to me why a sequel to the original game is so sought after? I really didn't enjoy it at all. I bought it for PS3 several years ago and returned it the next day. Several months ago I saw it on Steam for cheap and thought I would give it another chance and actually finished it but it felt like a real chore. I'll give it kudos for its interesting art direction and locations and the concept was a good idea but it just felt bland and the music grated on me. Maybe I'm missing something here. Just wondering.

I guess it just wasn't your cup of brew. I really liked Mirror's Edge, it was something different and colourful, sure it had its flaws but the time trial games were just so addictive.

I'm wary of this sequel though (if it is being developed) because it's an EA sequel. ;)
Los Rojiblancos
budge 66

Postby AvatarIII » 21 Nov 2012, 15:34

HelloLadies wrote:Seriously not trolling here but can someone please explain to me why a sequel to the original game is so sought after? I really didn't enjoy it at all. I bought it for PS3 several years ago and returned it the next day. Several months ago I saw it on Steam for cheap and thought I would give it another chance and actually finished it but it felt like a real chore. I'll give it kudos for its interesting art direction and locations and the concept was a good idea but it just felt bland and the music grated on me. Maybe I'm missing something here. Just wondering.

I agree, I got it bundled with my PS3, and I never even completed it, haven't had the desire to go back to it at all in almost 4 years.

PSN ID: AvatarIII
Steam: AvatarIII

Postby TheLastDodo » 21 Nov 2012, 15:35

Yes you are, that's all I can say :lol:.

I loved it, it's one of a very shortlist of games that I've replayed this gen and continue to do so, the music was great, the art style, packed with colours, I loved having to run away from enemies rather than engage them and the across roof chases have provided me with some of the most exhilariting moments I've ever had with a game.

Just confirm it already EA!!!

I swear will mark out like a little fangirl.
TheLastDodo 77

Postby karkify » 21 Nov 2012, 15:40

I expect it to be using the Frostbite 2 engine, complete with lens flare, super bright sun, horrible blue tint, and every grey variation possible. Also, some wub wub.
karkify 50

Postby fatherofthenoo » 21 Nov 2012, 15:46

Best news I've heard in ages! Happy happy joy joy!
Now playing - Trine 2 Director's Cut, Dino Crisis 2, Devil May Cry, The Cave
fatherofthenoo 41

PSN ID: fatherofthenoo
Wii Code: WiiU-fatherofthenoo

Postby El Mag » 21 Nov 2012, 15:47

Ah, the good old Stockholm dev scene. It's second only to the 80's Manchester rave scene for the place you're guaranteed a smashing time.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby illage2 » 21 Nov 2012, 15:53

I can't say I liked Mirrors edge that much. I just couldn't get to grips with the controls, if they simplified them for the sequel that would be great, they shouldn't use the Frostbite Engine, there's no need. Just use the original Mirrors Edge engine.

The frostbite engine for all intents and purposes is a Military shooter/RTS engine, and it isn't fluid enough to offer the high octane action that Mirrors edge is known for.

Update: I've just had a really good idea. Combine the Pakour from Mirrors Edge with the Portal Mechanics from Portal .... that would be AMAZING!

Update: Oh and let me accurately predict that they'll be releasing a Wii U version sometime in the future. EA .... Wii U make a decent game for the Wii U?
Last edited by illage2 on 21 Nov 2012, 16:14, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby Dandelion » 21 Nov 2012, 16:04

karkify wrote:I expect it to be using the Frostbite 2 engine, complete with lens flare, super bright sun, horrible blue tint, and every grey variation possible. Also, some wub wub.

Sounds like the original game plus lens flares :/
Dandelion 39

Postby illage2 » 21 Nov 2012, 16:08

karkify wrote:I expect it to be using the Frostbite 2 engine, complete with lens flare, super bright sun, horrible blue tint, and every grey variation possible. Also, some wub wub.

Yeah they'll add in the Wub Wub! As they'll be under the delusion that WUB WUB (Or Dubstep as we say in English) is what the kids like listening to these days.
ImageImage
illage2 54

Xbox Live: illage4
PSN ID: illage2
Steam: illage2
xFire: illage2

Postby Mortal Mad Matt » 21 Nov 2012, 16:51

YES! I'd given up hope for a sequel. Now let's have an official announcement please EA.
Mortal Mad Matt 49

Xbox Live: Mortal Mad Matt

Postby Fr33Kye » 21 Nov 2012, 17:00

Really bad feeling about this. And dubstep or just general electronica fits mirror's edge pretty well already.
Fr33Kye 71

Postby liquidphantom » 21 Nov 2012, 17:29

Mirrors Edge is one of the very few games of the past 10 years that I truly enjoyed from start to finish. I was quite original which is rare these days, and while it did have a few flaws the style and fun factor more than made up for them. I hope they don't change too much other than refining the control scheme.
liquidphantom 46

Next