Hitman Absolution DLC offers new weapons, disguises

Your comments on our articles.

Available now on Steam and Xbox 360

Square Enix has released the first batch of the Hitman Absolution DLC, which consists of a variety of different weapons and disguises.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Postby ST4CKY » 20 Nov 2012, 17:25

Should have been in the game to begin with. Or was the online pass thing becoming free a sly way for them to try to make people feel less ripped off so they might buy this junk?
ST4CKY 41

Postby SadisticBrownie » 20 Nov 2012, 17:26

Cheeky b*stards.
SadisticBrownie 48

Xbox Live: SadisticBrownie
PSN ID: SadisticBrownie
Steam: sadisticbrownie

Re: Hitman Absolution DLC offers new weapons, disguises

Postby El Mag » 20 Nov 2012, 17:47

I got the High Roller Suit and Krugermeier 2-2 on the PS3 free in the box from Tesco. And 30 days of PS Plus, which was nice.
Like a midget at a urinal, I was going to have to stay on my toes.
El Mag 68

Xbox Live: El Maggio
PSN ID: ElMagnifico83

Postby sbradley88 » 20 Nov 2012, 18:19

All that dlc has been available on the PSstore since LAST week's update. Get your facts straight and try not to show so much bias towards 360 and PC
sbradley88 59

Xbox Live: ShalakashkaPS3
PSN ID: Shalakashka
Steam: Shalakashka

Postby Stephen220378 » 20 Nov 2012, 20:04

Yeah, you're like a week late, the DLC has been on the PlayStation Store since last Wednesday.
Stephen220378 3
New user

Postby Moribundman » 21 Nov 2012, 12:27

I was going to buy these (for my sins) but I am p**sed off because for some reason MS won't sell them as a bundle (or bundle of bundles) as Sony and Steam are doing. The descriptions on XBLA mention that each suit comes as a set with specific guns (as they did with preorders or the professional edition as mentioned above) but these sets are not available on Xbox apparently. You can buy them on Steam for 59p each OR £3.99 for the bundle of suits for example, but Xbox wants to milk every last 80 MSP out of you individually. f**k off MS. Sell me the bundle and I will genuinely gladly pay you for something shiny I can only use in Contracts mode for messing around. Try to blatently rip me off like this and you can go f**k yourself.
"if you dont like it do one elsewhere. stop getting up in arms as someone doesnt agree with you." - svd_grasshopper
Moribundman 52

Xbox Live: Moribundman
PSN ID: Moribundman
Steam: Moribundman

Postby infamous76 » 21 Nov 2012, 12:33

SadisticBrownie wrote:Cheeky b*stards.

agreed

how many times are we gonna read these types of articles???? i have lost count

The gaming industry has to be the biggest rip off there is. Hitman got released yesterday, but yet they are selling DLC before the actual release day - what is that all about eh???

Then they wonder why people get sooo p**sed off about it. If it hasn't been completely developed yet come release date then fine, that is what you call DLC - additional content to prolong a games longevity ala The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony from GTA IV- that my friends is what I call PROPER DLC.

But this bullshit these companies keep doing i think people are finally starting to wake up and refuse to buy it as the content should be on the disc if its available for them to charge for such content on the same day of release, just like it used to be the last generation - before everything went online based.

Personally, I buy many many games and rent also, but this constant behaviour these publishers/devs are doing will only make the piracy grow even more as alot of people are fed up now and cannot afford to be patying that amount of money on ONE game. Games do not cost £40.00 anymore - they cost in excess of £70-80 now (Forza Horizon and Black Ops 2 both charging 4000 MS points for the full experience) that is absolute ridiculous. I would have more respect if these publishers came out and said look, our new game will cost £80 and when you pay the £80.00 you will have the full game, but they dont as they know everyone would be up in arms at the high cost, so to combat the inevitable uproar they drip feed the additional content to you and the comsumers seem to get fooled into thinking their getting a good deal buying map/car packs at £6.00+ every other month.

I find it to be a sad and very depressing time with regard to our beloved hobby. I cannot stress how much i love gaming, I love it to death (gaming since the commodore vic 20 for goodness sake) but I can't stomach the blatant discontent these companies are showing us gamers. :( Enough is enough
infamous76 37

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 21 Nov 2012, 12:42

Seems to me that the majority of people who moan about this kind of DLC are people who probably wouldnt even use the items if they were free in the game. The choice is offered, the game wont play any differently with a new costume or gun, it just allows fans to purchase little bonus items that set their experience out from others. I bought the DLC for WWE 12 because I wanted to play as the extra wrestlers, do I feel cheated? No, because at the end of the day if It was me releasing a video game I would employ the exact same strategy.
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby FishyGinger » 21 Nov 2012, 13:02

What daedalus said. These are far from essential and don't change the game at all, you aren't getting half a game because some suits aren't in it.

Some dlc certainly is cut and that is bad but the majority of it is optional and doesn't affect the game much. Game prices haven't really risen for a long time so I don't mind this.
Some say he's half man, half fish. Others say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard.
FishyGinger 71

Postby DAEDALUS79 » 21 Nov 2012, 13:05

Good point FG, If anything game prices are getting cheaper (average releases are roughly £35 on launch week) they certainly havent risen with inflation over the years (compare a video game to a bottle of coke which has doubled in price over the last 10 years).
PC gamers are isolated social degenerate peados -Reegee
DAEDALUS79 75

Xbox Live: Daedy79
PSN ID: macby19
Wii Code: WiiU________Daedy79

Postby Barry316 » 21 Nov 2012, 13:10

And from places like Poundland and Poundstretcher, where things are still a quid, but you get less in a packet than you did a few short years ago. That's the bigger situation here people!
Here's a lockpick, now jog on.
Barry316 67

Postby gmcb007 » 21 Nov 2012, 18:01

Square Enix really produced the shittest DLC this year.

They should try something else bar the generic costume packs and stealing the idea of R*'s RDR Undead Nightmare pack. The only other gameplay extending DLC was that 'Missing Link' content from Deus Ex which was blatantly ripped from the campaign and then you couldn't evn even play it with the rest of the bloody story!

The only DLC Hitman should have is more missions done in classic Hitman style. This is what the fans want and it would sell well.
EA Sports: It's in the game(for a price).
gmcb007 63

Xbox Live: PM me if you want it