to join the CVG community. Not a member yet? Join now!
CVG

Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 3 - full CGI video

Your comments on our articles.

Watch the full prologue to this week's Spartan Ops update

With every new episode of Halo 4's Spartan Ops comes a new CGI video which sets the scene for the missions ahead, and below is the full video for this week's Episode 3.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 3 - full CGI video

Postby chedda memba » 20 Nov 2012, 02:32

Awsome. Just played the first chapter of Ep. 3. The missions seem to be getting better as we go along. Halo 4 is better than all of the Bungie sequels and the gameplay is near identicle to the original game (when fighting the covenant) and the prometheans are a blast aswell. 343i have not just matched Bungie they've bettered them restoring the classic gameplay from the original game and adding some new combat. The franchise couldnt be in better hands and im stoked for that. Cant wait for Halos 5 n 6 now. Wait a minute yes i can ive got Spartan ops to do
chedda memba 40

Re: Halo 4 Spartan Ops Episode 3 - full CGI video

Postby Imaduck » 20 Nov 2012, 09:57

You can watch these in game too btw from the spec ops menu :wink: Fantastic stuff. Terminal videos are also stunning.

Great how 343 are tying the bigger story together :) Finally we get to see Halsey properly! Love her disdain for the S4's :lol: Cool to finally see an ONI stealth corvette too. Laskey and Palmer are brilliant new additions to the universe. Also, the Elites in Halo 4, their story through terminals and more so here, linking to the book is f**king cool beans. They're menacing again! <3
Imaduck 58

Postby Black Mantis » 20 Nov 2012, 11:13

I agree that Halo 4 is the best package, but Halo 3 remains my favourite campaign, due to the bigger sandbox levels. I understand why 343 had to cut back on the size, but you really can feel the difference. The MP/Spartan Ops features does make up for it though and it bodes well for Halo 5.

Story-wise though, Halo 4 is the best since the 1st game. Whilst the plot developments might seem a bit subtle now (apart from Cortana's), I reckon it's laid down the basis for an awesome story to be revealed in Halo 5/6. Can't wait! :D
Black Mantis 67

Postby richomack360 » 20 Nov 2012, 11:16

Finding Spartan Ops a bit of a chore - the levels are pretty much all the same and ripped from campaign - which is a shame, hopefully the next season will have unqiue maps etc

...and for the love of Boris Johnson - would someone please sort out the weapon / explosion sound effects !!
Twitter - @richomack360, XBL: richomack360

R.I.P. Rik Mayall - British comedy has lost an icon and a jolly nice b'stard.
richomack360 60
Global Moderator

Xbox Live: richomack360

Postby Black Mantis » 20 Nov 2012, 13:00

richomack360 wrote:Finding Spartan Ops a bit of a chore - the levels are pretty much all the same and ripped from campaign - which is a shame, hopefully the next season will have unqiue maps etc

...and for the love of Boris Johnson - would someone please sort out the weapon / explosion sound effects !!

Really?! I think they're awesome, definitely the amongst the best I've heard. Have to drop my sound system down a couple of levels so I'm not being a nuisance neighbour!
Black Mantis 67

Postby MrPirtniw » 20 Nov 2012, 13:40

I agree with Mantis on both counts- I still think Halo 3 had the better campaign (NOT the Cortana level) and I think the sound effects have really gone up a notch. Thought some of the weapons felt really meaty. Meaty weapons. Urgh.

Anyway, the levels do seem a lot smaller in scale which is a shame- and the Spartan Ops has proven a little underwhelming but still good fun. Especially this latest episode with the Mantis mech(s). :mrgreen:
"Stop your putrid whining you dank tuft of rectal pubic hair."
Currently playing:
MrPirtniw 71

Xbox Live: Tysh0