Nintendo's US boss hopes to see GTA on Wii U

Your comments on our articles.

Aims to create an environment which convinces Rockstar to bring its best content to the console

Nintendo of America president Fils-Aime has indicated he's hopeful of seeing Rockstar release Grand Theft Auto V on Wii U.... read more

Moderators : CVG Staff, CVG Moderators

Nintendo's US boss hopes to see GTA on Wii U

Postby SolidusR4S » 19 Nov 2012, 20:00

Ofc it would be awesome for Nintendo. But it will come later then with the gamepad compatibility so that will have them on a disadvantage. I need facts now at this moment. Because I was hyped by the WiiU before the E3 conference dragged it down to the bottom...

Im not paying for a console a with launch line up which is made 90% of ports I have for my Xbox and PS3 and the rest dont interest me. I'm a Nintendo fan by heart but the games don't cut it give me Zelda or Donkey Kong HD. Then........sold
SolidusR4S 32

PSN ID: SolidusR4S
Steam: SolidusR4S

Re: Nintendo's US boss hopes to see GTA on Wii U

Postby woodins » 19 Nov 2012, 21:41

All he has to do is get a fake tattoo and whore himself out at E3 and he will be fine lol.
Paracetamol will not bring back a dead hooker. Trust me.
woodins 36

Postby stealth » 19 Nov 2012, 21:51

SolidusR4S wrote:Ofc it would be awesome for Nintendo. But it will come later then with the gamepad compatibility so that will have them on a disadvantage. I need facts now at this moment. Because I was hyped by the WiiU before the E3 conference dragged it down to the bottom...

Im not paying for a console a with launch line up which is made 90% of ports I have for my Xbox and PS3 and the rest dont interest me. I'm a Nintendo fan by heart but the games don't cut it give me Zelda or Donkey Kong HD. Then........sold

It has 7 ports out of 31 titles
stealth 47

Postby BeansOnToast » 19 Nov 2012, 22:01

I think Rockstar should definitely put GTA V out on the Wii U. Who knows, it may end up being the best version to play.
BeansOnToast 30

Postby stealth » 19 Nov 2012, 22:04

BeansOnToast wrote:I think Rockstar should definitely put GTA V out on the Wii U. Who knows, it may end up being the best version to play.

One thing about Nintendo and rockstar is you cant predict what systems rockstar will support

They supported the gba, the gbc, the ds, but nothing else
stealth 47

Postby rip_it_up » 19 Nov 2012, 22:11

BeansOnToast wrote:I think Rockstar should definitely put GTA V out on the Wii U. Who knows, it may end up being the best version to play.

Maybe!!
black ops 2 looks and runs great on the gamepad and tv. online hit detection seems better than on xbox and ps3 but im not sure if thats just because theirs not that many people playing online at the min.
rip_it_up 49

Postby Balladeer » 19 Nov 2012, 22:14

I bet he does, the filthy devil.
RIP CVG. Future can get stuffed.

Find me on GNamer or the CVG Survivors' Club.
Balladeer 78

Postby agentxnofx » 19 Nov 2012, 22:35

If this EVER comes out on WiiU, it wouldn't be for another year or two at best. It seems Nintendo waited until the last minute to reach out to 3rd party devs to get their games on their new console.

rip_it_up wrote:

Maybe!!
black ops 2 looks and runs great on the gamepad and tv. online hit detection seems better than on xbox and ps3 but im not sure if thats just because theirs not that many people playing online at the min.

The game is P2P.
agentxnofx 29

Postby CrispyLog » 19 Nov 2012, 22:39

Anyone going to take a photo of GTAV on top of a WiiU to make his day?
Genius behind Niptendo (TM pending)

I distrust patriotism; the reasonable man can find little in these days that is worth dying for. But dying against - there's enough iniquity in Europe to carry the most urbane or decadent into battle.
CrispyLog 76

Xbox Live: SlowBurn87
PSN ID: CrispinLog
xFire: CrispyLog

Postby Barca Azul » 19 Nov 2012, 22:56

Balladeer wrote:I bet he does, the filthy devil.

Fnar fnar

Of course they want it!

History on other machines could be the downfall mind, or other 18 rated games sales.
Barca Azul 63

Postby mrlister » 20 Nov 2012, 15:31

I reckon they should test the waters with an HD remake of Chinatown Wars for the Wii U shop.
mrlister 46

Xbox Live: Shinishii
PSN ID: Shinishii
Steam: Shinishii